BBBD2FF8-E6C1-4230-B9FE-4D66A12A758E (resized).png
3FA16803-6451-4209-A21B-40B1556D30AC (resized).jpeg
7161100B-A319-4516-9AB6-F1BE9228F406 (resized).jpeg
FB59D3C1-6E9F-43DC-9AE9-8ABBA2F62179 (resized).jpeg
A62F5F5B-AF74-4577-817A-21CD3F938C74 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 The full list and pricing of Reese Rails. Posted by TaylorVA (9 years ago)

Post #205 Product update Posted by TaylorVA (7 years ago)

Post #1360 How to request an order from Taylor. Posted by TaylorVA (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1091 3 years ago

Any Black Knight(1980) rails available?

7 months later
#1352 2 years ago

Is there a set for Stern Meteor?

#1354 2 years ago

I can use a set for Meteor, if that can be put into the que. Do I message you directly or is posting here good enough?

#1356 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I'm in the "queue" (unconfirmed) for Meteor as well, hopefully, via a message to TaylorVA last month.
Maybe he can knock out all the Meteors for us in one batch?

Message sent! Were you going to go black or a different color?

1 week later
#1364 2 years ago

NICE! Im in the cue.....

1 week later
#1368 2 years ago

Beautiful sight!

1 month later
#1431 2 years ago

Those were my Meteor rails with the custom color(deep purple) and they came out amazing. Thanks again!

1 year later
#1510 1 year ago

I have seriously been considering taking the reins on making rails to fill this need. I have done carpentry as a hobby for decades. My concern is dividing the faithful on here. In no way would I want to step on Taylor’s toes or try to be a Taylor 2.0 in someone’s eyes. My second concern is not initially having the stock of rails that Taylor built up over the years. This would mean the buyer would need to send me their set. Because I live in the south, weather would allow me to work all year around. I also have a career, so this would be a side gig. Plus it will take a little time to get my system down to a science, source materials, build my stock of colors, etc. I’m asking the faithful to let me know their thoughts, private PM preferred. If the feeling is as mutual as my drive to take this on, I would begin prepping, ultimately notify pinside in a separate thread that things were up and running. Anyway, all of your thoughts are welcomed!

#1518 1 year ago

I appreciate everyones thoughts and feelings on this, I've had some private PM's stating the same sentiment.

For the record, I ordered and received a beautiful set of rails for my Meteor restoration, so I too have done business with him. He's a good dude, so like everyone else, I too hope he is doing OK.

Secondly, there is no question I would need people rails to make templates(if they want originals returned). If Taylor is retiring from this, I would be happy to pay him for his stock of original/hand-made rails if he wishes to do so. I would also entertain purchasing any of his jigs if he made them.

With all of this being said, I would need some time to perfect the system. Maybe in the interim collecting 3-5 initial orders, knowing I am using these orders to set up my gear, lacquer station, sanding bench, etc., the customer would allow me some patience unit I can get things up and running smooth. My immediate need will be to source the oak stock. This week I will begin locating the source and pricing. I'll keep everyone posted in the next week or so on my progress. Thank you for your patience, Im excited to dive into this!

#1521 1 year ago

Quick update, I am researching two suppliers of stock, white oak in two thicknesses. As mentioned in this thread a majority of rails are .5 inches but some are .75 on the back side(top of the playfield). Oddly enough a lot of those back side rails are not hardwood at all, looks like poplar(or some other soft wood) on the set of 6MDM that I have. That size seems to be found on a lot of older SS games.

Ive started sourcing dyes as well as tints. The tinting is interesting for at least the color black. Taking a quart of clear brush-able lacquer and turning it into black is attractive to say the least. Quick, no aerosols(black lacquer is available in rattle cans), no major clean up(HVLV guns) are all positives. If other colors are popular this would be a nice way to circumvent large amounts of a certain color that would be needed.

Dyeing wood is also being investigated. Seems dye goes a long way, easy to mix/apply, and a few nice coats of clear lacquer on top produces a nice product. Lots of color options can be mixed as well and product has a long shelf life. I appreciate everyone patience, Im working toward an initial 'practice run' to test everything out. May be a few more weeks as I prep my shop and figure out other details that Taylor already did over the course of many years. I may reach out to a few on here to see if they would like to send me their rails when the time is ready. Thanks all! I'll keep this updated as it progresses.

#1523 1 year ago

I don't disagree, Ill post something up soon in the Market/Pinball Parts for Sale section soon.

#1525 1 year ago

Ok, I think I did this correctly lol, add/post is up.

Other - For Sale
“Thank you for your interest in a set of new reproduction side rails! Please read the information below: The Rails: The rails are made of white oak which is a durable and strong h...”
3 hours ago
Winter Haven, FL
1 (Firm)

#1528 1 year ago

Ya I wasn't trying to start an Ad but wanted to keep the topic in the same area as this, so it forced me to start an ad? People are commenting though and it can be renewed. If it should be moved later I can, just not sure where? Maybe Restorations but thats not a place to sell service.

#1530 1 year ago

Thats exactly where I posted. It required me to place an Ad.

#1532 1 year ago

Ahhh that explain it! Ill let that thread ride for a bit, maybe when things get rolling Ill move it then

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oak-replacement-playfield-rails-wh2o-and-taf-ready-to-ship-or-york?tu=ibis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.