DSCF3262 (resized).JPG
DSCF3265 (resized).JPG
BBBD2FF8-E6C1-4230-B9FE-4D66A12A758E (resized).png
3FA16803-6451-4209-A21B-40B1556D30AC (resized).jpeg
7161100B-A319-4516-9AB6-F1BE9228F406 (resized).jpeg
FB59D3C1-6E9F-43DC-9AE9-8ABBA2F62179 (resized).jpeg
A62F5F5B-AF74-4577-817A-21CD3F938C74 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 31.
#1001 3 years ago

Shipping today: JJP Pirates, TAF, HGT, BOP, QS, Seawitch, IJ

I have a set of Star Gazer rails that I think were mentioned in an order, but canceled after I already started them. If you inquired about a set within the last month please hit me up. If no answer in the next couple of days I'll put them up for sale.

FOR SALE AND READY TO SHIP
EBD $75+shipping

Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Well bummer, looks like Batman will be on hold a while.

They are done. I sent a PM about their status.

Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Is that a “Q” for Quicksilver?? I put forward my interest a month or so ago.

I have a set for you. They just need to sit for a couple days prior to shipping.

#1002 3 years ago

Current list of what I have in the shop.

DE Batman are finished and will ship at end of week for uncivil_engineer

Quicksilver are finished and will ship at end of week for Flynnyfalcon

Wh20 Backboard is ready and will ship this week(need to make a box) for lordloss

TAF Backboard is ready and will ship this week(need to make a box) for Jeff W(Not sure Pinside name)

Playboy rails are still getting worked on, didn't like the finish I got so ordered some new dye to try for CaryCarmichael

#1004 3 years ago

Making boxes and shipping out backboards. TAF and Wh20 are packed and awaiting pickup.

012C7B50-EA5F-431F-9A5A-3378F66EB36E (resized).jpeg012C7B50-EA5F-431F-9A5A-3378F66EB36E (resized).jpeg9404C6AA-7DFC-4874-B796-BDBE9224D84B (resized).jpeg9404C6AA-7DFC-4874-B796-BDBE9224D84B (resized).jpeg
#1005 3 years ago

I might have waited too long to ask to get Space Invaders rails made...
Though, at my current rate you'll likely be opening back up again before I'll actually need them.

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

I might have waited too long to ask to get Space Invaders rails made...
Though, at my current rate you'll likely be opening back up again before I'll actually need them.

JDissen87 I currently do not have them so would need them sent in. I'll update here when I can start making rails again. Big obstacle is securing material right now and I usually try to stockpile when I can and will do so if the chance arises.

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

jdissen87 I currently do not have them so would need them sent in. I'll update here when I can start making rails again. Big obstacle is securing material right now and I usually try to stockpile when I can and will do so if the chance arises.

No worries. Once you are open again I can follow up with you. I still have my original rails from the game that I would be willing to send in. They're in decent shape, just ugly.

#1008 3 years ago

JDissen87 Appreciate the offer, always happy to add to the library.

f8nppaaaSKm8q0P9IEk2BQ (resized).jpgf8nppaaaSKm8q0P9IEk2BQ (resized).jpg
#1009 3 years ago

uncivil_engineer Flynnyfalcon

Data East Batman Rails and Quicksilver rails shipped out today.

New dye arrived to hopefully finish up Playboy.

#1010 3 years ago

Sweet... thanks for getting those out. The playfield should be back from being clear coated next week, and then I should have a very nice Batman.

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Sweet... thanks for getting those out. The playfield should be back from being clear coated next week, and then I should have a very nice Batman.

Glad it worked out. Hit a picket of low humidity and had to knock them out. Summer in the mid-Atlantic sucks.

#1012 3 years ago

So u mean 85 feels like 96 is not good for spraying laquer? . I’m glad I got my 2 sets when I did this spring. They’re awesome when u get them on and the playfield lights hit them.

2 weeks later
#1013 3 years ago

Sent you a PM, Taylor. Any idea when you may reopen?

1 week later
#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

One set of Doctor Who Rails please!

One set of T2 rails as well when you open back up.

#1015 3 years ago

any chance of another quicksilver set please?

1 month later
#1016 3 years ago

Howdy, 1 set of Whirlwind Rails when you're back my good man. Thanks!
JTA

#1017 3 years ago

Set for Bally Mystic when you're back.

#1018 3 years ago

Sent you a PM asking about Eight Ball Deluxe rails. Please let us know when you’re back.

#1019 3 years ago

I would like to buy a set of Scared Stiff rails when you reopen.

1 week later
#1020 3 years ago

Hi Taylor - it's after labor day - summer is officially over - you open yet?

Put me down for a set of Whitewater rails when your back.

#1021 3 years ago

Is No Fear available ?

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Is No Fear available ?

Yes it is. I purchased a set a couple of years ago.

#1023 3 years ago

When you start back up, I would love a set of Bad Cats rails.

#1024 3 years ago

Just wanted to dip in and touch base. I'm kind of back from Summer, but I have been unable to solve my material supply issue that has occurred under Covid-19.
My supplier is unable to mill the wood that I use and it is not an economical solution for me to use another source. This is something that I regret and one reason I haven't dipped my toes back in this thread as I was hoping to have some resolution before the fall weather set in.

With all that said I have gotten together enough material to make at least 10 sets of rails.
After those 10 are made I will reexamine where I am on material and let people know what else I can do.

I'm really sorry I am having to do this, but after this stock is exhausted I am going to have to shut down until I can procure a stable source of material.
I just can't make rails without material, it's just that simple.

I am going to spend the next couple days reaching out to everyone and try to develop a list of those still interested in a set.
I have not taken any new work since Memorial Day so if you don't hear from me right away know that I have some stuff to wade through.

ReeseRailsWhite (resized).pngReeseRailsWhite (resized).png
#1025 3 years ago

I have sets already made, will open and inspect before sending so may require a respray, for:

Indiana Jones(Williams)
Eight Ball Deluxe
Star Gazer (just playfield side drilled)

IJ and SG are $65+actual shipping.
EBD is $75+ actual shipping

I use USPS so expect delays.

These will be offered first to anyone that inquired about these specific titles.

Cheers- Taylor

#1026 3 years ago

Taylor, if you still wanted me to send in my Space Invaders rails for templates, just let me know.
I'm in no huge rush to get rails immediately as I became a dad only a few weeks ago. All my spare time will be going to sleep for the time being so the SI restore is temporarily on hold.

#1027 3 years ago

PM sent on Star Gazer rails. Thanks.

#1028 3 years ago

PM for a set of Shadow rails!

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

PM sent on Star Gazer rails. Thanks.

just in case this was a double set of SG rails... let me know

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

One set of Doctor Who Rails please!

T2 as well if you can fit me in...

#1031 3 years ago

Taylor, phillyfan64 is buying the EBD rails for the swap we’re doing. They will get shipped to me.

2 weeks later
#1032 3 years ago

If Indiana Jones is still available, I would take a set. Thanks!

#1033 3 years ago

Super happy with my black rails in Firepower. Don't hesitate to get them in this color.

PXL_20201003_033525026 (resized).jpgPXL_20201003_033525026 (resized).jpg
#1034 3 years ago

I have a set of CFTBL rails that Taylor made for me a while back that I never ended up using. PM me if interested.

#1035 3 years ago

hi there I'm still interested in a quicksilver set.

thanks,
Neil.

#1036 3 years ago

I’m trying to get to everyone, but it’s frankly overwhelming as I cannot accommodate everyone reaching out for rails.
I did get in the shop and have been working. All sets offered up have been spoken for and were removed from their tubes and given a fresh coat of lacquer.
These should be able to get shipped out this upcoming week.
I still have some stock so will be reaching to take in some orders. Hopefully I stock up and get back to work soon.

46E42BC0-1016-4DAE-9A21-F3AAE36CBDBF (resized).jpeg46E42BC0-1016-4DAE-9A21-F3AAE36CBDBF (resized).jpegBAFABA66-4B24-40C7-806F-867459DC4403 (resized).jpegBAFABA66-4B24-40C7-806F-867459DC4403 (resized).jpeg
#1037 3 years ago

Thank you Taylor

#1038 3 years ago

I would be interested in a quicksilver set if possible. Thanks!

#1039 3 years ago

I’ll take a set of Scared Stiff when you get back to work. Thank for the passion in the hobby.

1 week later
#1040 3 years ago

I Need Xenon And Alien Poker When you can get to them. Thank you

2 weeks later
#1041 3 years ago

If there's any hope still of getting some, could use an unfinished set of Bally Playboy rails (so I can paint to match), and a finished set of Bad Cats!

1 month later
#1042 3 years ago

This is a tough day for me. I have to close down for the foreseeable future as I can no longer acquire materials to make my rails. I have known this moment was inevitable, but it doesn't make it any less difficult. Despite not officially taking orders for months at a time I have always done my best to fill orders. Summers have been tough because of humidity, but I watched the weather like a farmer to find those low humidity gaps, so still managed to make what I could. I have worked on rails on every holiday if the weather was cooperative, a couple hours on Christmas was pretty normal, my family has been supportive and they are also a big part of why I have been able to provide this service.
-
This is a hobby business of mine and my family is doing fine as my wife has continuously worked throughout the pandemic.
-
I really want to thank everyone that has ordered rails over the last 15 years. It is has been an honor and quite humbling to be a part of so many projects. I have done several playfield swaps in my time and I know the time and thought it takes into doing them right, and the fact that my rails have been a part of that process, that they were seen as an elevation over factory has been amazing. THANK YOU.
-
So as of 12/3 I am no longer taking orders. I am not going to start a queue as that just becomes burdensome and I am frankly looking to a mental break from having outstanding work. I do hope to return at some point, but to be honest I can't guarantee it at this point.
-
People have asked about shirts. I have opened an Big Cartel where shirts can be printed on demand. My printer is a local guy that runs a print shop out of his house. He has helped me set it up so that all orders go to him and I can be hands off. If interested I have included the link.

https://reeserails.bigcartel.com/

Once again, thanks for everything. Take care and be safe and hopefully by next fall I can get Reese Rails back up and running. Cheers- Taylor

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 4.00.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-23 at 4.00.29 PM (resized).png

#1043 3 years ago

So sorry to hear this Taylor. Hope things ultimately change and you can go back to producing an awesome product. Best to you and your family.

#1044 3 years ago

Thank you Taylor for all your hard work on these rails. They really are the finishing touch for playfield swaps. Special thanks for the custom sized piece you made for my Eight Ball Deluxe. Best of luck to you and your family. Hope to see you back soon.

#1045 3 years ago

Enjoy a vacation for awhile, then get your a$$ back to work making rails for us.
Hope to see you back at it, #bestrailsinpinball

#1046 3 years ago

I was fortunate enough to purchase a few sets from you over the years and appreciated the quality of your work. You will be missed.

Hopefully you are able to return at some point.

#1047 3 years ago

It’s hard to understand what a set of Reese Rails does for a pinball machine until you install them. Not only does the beauty of them finish off a conversion but you get no scaring from pinballs hitting them. After months of playing them, the rails still look new. I was fortunate to get them on both of my machines last spring before the humidity set in. Hope u can find a new source of materials soon.

#1048 3 years ago

Thanks for everything you've done! While I didn't realize this was coming, and am kicking myself in the ass about not placing orders sooner.. you've done amazing work, and deserve a break! Have a great stress-free time off!

#1050 3 years ago

Thank you Taylor, hope things turn around after you’ve been able to recharge.

There are 1,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oak-replacement-playfield-rails-wh2o-and-taf-ready-to-ship-or-york/page/21?hl=eagle18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.