BBBD2FF8-E6C1-4230-B9FE-4D66A12A758E (resized).png
3FA16803-6451-4209-A21B-40B1556D30AC (resized).jpeg
7161100B-A319-4516-9AB6-F1BE9228F406 (resized).jpeg
FB59D3C1-6E9F-43DC-9AE9-8ABBA2F62179 (resized).jpeg
A62F5F5B-AF74-4577-817A-21CD3F938C74 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 The full list and pricing of Reese Rails. Posted by TaylorVA (9 years ago)

Post #205 Product update Posted by TaylorVA (7 years ago)

Post #1360 How to request an order from Taylor. Posted by TaylorVA (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

703 posts in this topic match your search for posts by taylorva. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Welcome to the Reese Rails Pinside thread. I have been making replacement playfield rails for over a decade. Rails are made of oak and can be finished
in a variety of finishes and colors. Rails are milled and predrilled using templates of original rails I have on hand. If you need a set of rails for a game I do not have templates for you can send them in and I will replicate them.

Shipping information. I ship using USPS priority. Priority includes $50 insurance.
Shipping rates in the US are usually about $15 to the PNW and CA. On the Ease Coast it runs from $8-$12.
International shipping is available and I charge actual shipping cost. Recent shipments to Europe were in the $25-35 range. Canadian shipping is usually around $20. Australian shipping is around $25-$30, 2 sets I just shipped together were $50.

I usually attend the York, Allentown and ReplayFX shows and can deliver rails to those shows as well.

The following list is a complete list of rails I have on hand and cost before shipping. I have done my best to keep prices as low as possible to make rails an affordable option to those doing restorations or playfield swaps. With the increase in material cost over the years and differences in time and materials it takes to make the rails I feel like it is time to reflect those cost and make a definitive list with prices. These prices will go into affect on 4/1/'18.

Thank you for the business over the years and I hope to continue to provide this service for years to come.

$65
AFM
Barracora
BOP
BSD
CV
DW
FH
HS2
IJ(williams)
JD
LOTR
MB
No Fear
NGG
TSPP
TAF
T2
TZ
TOM
Tommy
TOTAN
TS
STTNG
SS
WH2O
Whirlwind
Who Dunnit
Road Show

$70
Atlantis
Bad Cats
Comet
CFTBL
DE Checkpoint
DE Time Machine
Diner
FT
JP
Taxi
Skateball
Sorcerer

$75
Big Game
Blackout
Centaur
EBD
EK
Firepower
Flash
Flight 2000
MH
MGOW
Medusa
Mystery Castle
Paragon

$80
Fathom
Xenon

$85
FG
Motordome

image-448.jpgimage-448.jpg

IMG_4576.JPGIMG_4576.JPG
IMG_9296.JPGIMG_9296.JPG

Post edited by TaylorVA: updated

RR Logo.pdfRR Logo.pdf
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 4.00.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-23 at 4.00.29 PM (resized).png

#5 9 years ago

I believe both sets have been spoken for.

I may have the STTNG rail and could do that one but will post a pic just to make sure it is the correct one.

I do not currently have TSPP rails to use as a template but can make them if an original set is sent. Another pinsider has inquired about TSPP as well as may be sending them to me so will update if I find out that it is the case.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Next time you make White Water, I'll take a set. No rush as I'm still at least 1k in parts from being able to restore it.

You're on the list.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Any chance of a Sorcerer? I'm thinking the gray wood color contact paper ones will have to go once I get my PF back.

I have done sorcerer before. I think I finished the rails with a natural stain and several coats of lacquer. They turned out nice. I did charge a little more because I believe some of the rails are a thicker stock. Nothing crazy, just not $40. Drop me a PM if interested.

1 month later
#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

For anyone on the fence, Taylor does great work. His rails are outstanding. Everything lines up and the finish is outstanding. Packaged very well also. Get rid of those crappy wrapped vinyl rails and go oak. Great job Taylor!

Thanks for the endorsement.

FH TZ Wh20 and TSPP pictured
IMG_5403.JPGIMG_5403.JPG

1 week later
#20 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Hi Taylor,
Have you ever done Black Knight?

I have not.... But would if you need them.

I now have a set of T2 to use as a template.

1 week later
#22 9 years ago

bump for a set of FH rails that just became available.

I made a set of FH rails but the buyer decided they didn't need them. They are ready to ship.
$55 shipped in lower 48.

you can hit me up here on PM or at taylorva72 at the g mail place

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Wh20 rails received.
They look great!

Thanks. Always appreciate the business.

FH rails are sold.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Taylor did you get the TSPP rails finished?

They are. PM sent.

#28 9 years ago

TSPP rails are sold.

I am accepting orders.
Winter is tough for spraying lacquer for me but I can do raw blanks for people to finish themselves or just allow for more lead time for me. Thanks.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

I would like to order some rails for Sorcerer

In the works. Thanks for the business. - Taylor

1 month later
#32 9 years ago

added Taxi as a template I have in hand

#33 9 years ago

Sorcerer rails awaiting final lacquer coats.image.jpgimage.jpg

Just finished some IJ and WH20 rails.image-54.jpgimage-54.jpg

#36 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. Winter can always be tricky on turnaround time with the cold so I appreciate everyone's patience.

Thanks to everyone for the business.

-Taylor

2 weeks later
#39 9 years ago

I don't have EM.
I have some MB and CFTBL rails coming in to be redone. I have orders for 10 sets of rails currently so Pretty busy. Best thing to do is to contact me before you start the tear down or directly after sending out a Playfield. I try to be prompt but the finishing is weather dependent.Thanks everyone for the work and for being patient with my schedule.

-Taylor

3 weeks later
#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Did you ever think you'd be making siderails on the side, Taylor. Find a niche....fill it. I love it!!
Nicely done.

Thanks. Yeah, I had no idea but the orders keep coming in. Cant complain.

Quoted from Coyote:

Hah, cool! Is that my playfield panel?

It is. It still needs a coat or two but very close.

#46 9 years ago

Preston- excellent. Just LMK. I can be reached through Pinside or at [email protected]

#47 9 years ago

Finished Coyotes backboard today. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#49 9 years ago

I have two sets in the works that can ship end of next week.

1 set AFM
1 set FH

$55 shipped lower 48.

Just LMK. -Taylor

#51 9 years ago

I could but shipping is going to suck.

#53 9 years ago

working on AFM and FH rails today.
IMG_7657_2.JPGIMG_7657_2.JPG

#56 9 years ago

I have one set of Wh2O rails ready to ship.

As of now all prior orders have been shipped.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Just received my AFM rails. Very nice work, Taylor! Thank you! Definitely glad I got these. Now to get started on my AFM restoration.

Thanks. Good luck on the AFM, the playfield swap is cake. Cab on the other hand...

4 weeks later
#59 8 years ago

sets ready to ship

Wh2O
TAF

$55 shipped lower 48

#61 8 years ago

TAF and Wh20 rails are spoken for.

#66 8 years ago

Sending them to me is the best bet to know that they are truly going to match. I've had issues, especially with TZ, in which the bottom holes that I drill did not match up precisely.

John, will do.

Btw, I have shipped all orders and am waiting on one set of MB rails to show up. I am unavailable the month of June for travel.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting..
Two holes on the *top* of the ones you sent me did not match up. (For the lower/closer brace for the mini playfield.) Was an easy fix, of course..

That is odd. I have two sets of TZ templates now and will
Compare them. It's always tricky as I'm using used rails out of others games so can't always be certain that a hole wasn't errantly placed at some point.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

The TZ ones you made for me lined up perfectly to a new mirco playfield.

It seems hit or miss on TZ, but glad to hear that they are correct some times. I do take my time with transferring over all the holes as precisely as I can.

#74 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg ready for lacquer

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

I hope one of those is for a TAF

Top one and two others

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'd like a set for Funhouse. How long is the wait?

It's usually a 2-3 week turnaround. I'm a stay at home dad so I try to knock them out as quick as possible. A lot of the wait depends on weather and drying time before shipping. I don't require payment until rails are ready to ship.

That all said, this is not my job. This is something I try to do for other hobbyist that need the service. I feel it is a lot more about that than just having a product to sell.
It's been fun doing them and I appreciate all the business I have gotten.

Money earned through my rails has supported the Pinball Podcast, POP, Pinside and other pinball related projects.

#80 8 years ago

All orders have shipped. image.jpgimage.jpg

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

I see the Shipping Manager has her hands full.

She runs a tight ship and keeps me out in the shop churning these things out.

1 week later
#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Any chance you can repro BoP rails?

I think I have some, I'll check and post back.

1 week later
#85 8 years ago

Replicating some BSD rails today. image.jpgimage.jpg

#86 8 years ago

I have to take a break from making the rails for a little bit. I have some family issues and time restraints that are going to make it very difficult to get them done in a timely manner.

I am working on filling all orders that I have as quickly as possible and those orders should not be delayed.

Thank you to everyone for the business and patience with my service.

- Taylor

2 weeks later
#87 8 years ago

Unfortunately I had a set of rails arrive snapped in half. This is why I ship rails priority to include $50 in insurance. Bummed to hear though.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Sorry to hear that. Did you ship them in pvc like usual? That's some serious damage to get through pvc.

No. I started using cardboard shipping tubes. I've shipped over 50 sets of rails in them though with no issues so someone must have taken batting practice with it.

1 week later
#94 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Taylor, are you back in making these or still in hiatus? I need a set for my wms IJ.
Rick.

As of tomorrow I'll be taking orders again.

#95 8 years ago

Pinheads, I'm back to taking orders. Took a couple weeks off so I could travel with the family without worrying about who ordered what and creating a backlog. During our vacation I had a chance to play at some great pinball arcades on the east coast including Modern Pinball in NYC, Pinball Wizards Arcade in Pelham, NH and Flippers Arcade in Grandy, NC. Wow, we really are spoiled with locations like these out there.

I want to thank everyone for the business over the last year. I am a pinhead and hobbyist and really do this to provide a service for others that are doing restorations or swaps and need their rails to look as good as the rest of the game. I've been lucky to support my hobby through the service and appreciate all the patience people have shown with the time it takes for me to make and spray the rails.
I always try to get them out the door as quickly as possible but things do come up and delays happen and everyone has been great in understanding that. The summer is tough in the mid-atlantic as it gets pretty humid so drying times with the lacquer are longer than the rest of the year.

I think I have about 5 people that have inquired about new rails while I was on vacation so I will get to them first. You can hit me up through Pinside PM or email me at [email protected]

I also have a FB page at Reese Rails and have been doing some of the One and Done Podcast

I am on instagram at richmondpinball and some of my work can be seen there if you search #reeserails

Thanks everyone for the continued support. I have had several pinheads send me templates just for games that they knew I didn't have and that is greatly appreciated.

- Taylor Reese

2 weeks later
#96 8 years ago

Just finished spraying a couple sets of rails and had some extras.

I have a set of Taxi rails available.(sold)
I have a set of IJ rails available.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just finished spraying a couple sets of rails and had some extras.
I have a set of Taxi rails available.
I have a set of IJ rails available.

I can bring these to Pinburgh if prepaid. $50.
Shipped $55.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I wish I had either machine in my collection Taylor makes great wood piece, definitely recommended!

Thanks. Means a lot.

#101 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'll take the taxi rails - pm me with the payment info again. It's been a while

pm sent.

Taxi are sold.

1 week later
#102 8 years ago

library is growing. Thanks to everyone that has sent me rails regardless of needing new ones or not.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#104 8 years ago

updated template list in first post 7-28-'15

3 months later
#109 8 years ago

Sorry about not checking in on this thread for a while. Been crazy busy with rails, the new podcast (This Flippin Podcast with Tommy Skinner) and life in general. I'm still pumping out rails and have 7 sets waiting on paint. I'll hit up this page with some pics and an updated list soon. You can also check out my FB page. Thanks for the continued support and business. Really proud to see my rails in so many games, from HEP to the first time restorer I do my best in giving the best product I can in a timely manner.

- Taylo

Quoted from dmacy:

Taylor, what do you have on hand now? I plan to send some HS2 and TOTAN ones soon once I can get started on one.

I just got in some TOTAN rails and I think I have HS2 but I need to check.

#112 8 years ago

Haven't done Earthshaker.

I'm need to check and see if the rails I have are for a High Speed or High speed 2.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Looking forward to hearing if you have the HS2 tails Taylor. I'll have mine off next week to send if you don't have any templates.

looks like the ones I did were for an original High Speed so I can use yours when they are ready. Thanks. - Taylor

2 weeks later
#115 8 years ago

TOTAN and HS2 templates are now in house. Been busy. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#116 8 years ago

I also have an Instagram account if you want to check it out. I post some process pics and they can be found on IG by searching #reeserails

Some custom blue dyed rails for an Evil Knievel Playfield swap I'm doing for a friend.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#117 8 years ago

BOP rails for templates are on their way.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

do you have BK2K? I should have a set somewhere I can dig up.
-c

I don't.

I need to update my list of available titles as it has grown since I first started making these 8 yrs ago with my TAF. A lot of thanks to everyone that has sent me rails to replicate especially Chris Hutchins of HEP who seems to send me new rails and orders multiples whenever I seem to hit a lull and Bryan Kelly that has graciously sent me rails just to have in my library. I think I have about 25 different titles and it just continues to grow.

While I make a little money making these I have always viewed it more as a service for other hobbyist. I do my best to keep it affordable and try to get them turned around as timely as possible.

Thanks again to anyone that has ordered a set of rails.

- Taylor

2 weeks later
#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Getssum:

Taylor:
Heard about your rails on the podcast, was curious if you have one available for Medieval Madness?
Thanks,

I have a MM rail and can make you one if interested. Hit me up on PM.

All outstanding orders should ship right after Christmas. Just doing a finishing coat on a AFM backboard.

I will have a couple extra sets available that I just made to use up some material.

I have in stock and will be ready to ship after Xmas-

Twilight Zone
Highspeed 2 the Getaway
AFM backboard- will need to drill own holes for T-nuts and for saucer bracket.

#124 8 years ago

AFM backboard is spoken for

1 week later
#126 8 years ago

Shipped all rails today. Giving the AFM backboards a couple days more before shipping.

I still have sets for TZ, HS2 and possibly TSPP(waiting to hear if person still wants them) in the tubes ready to ship.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am thinking I am going to need a set of Congo rails. What kind of turn around time do you have right now?

I am all caught up!! Woohoo!!

I can usually turn them around in 2-3 weeks from when they arrive. Weather dependent but that is my usual goal. I do not have Congo so they will need to be sent to me. I could replicate from photos but you'd need to predrill fro screws.

Quoted from Chet:

Taylor
I would like a set of BoP rails if /when you have them for my restoration this winter.

Will start on them tomorrow.

#132 8 years ago

Happy New Years and thanks for keeping me busy.

First sets of rails for 2016 are in the works!!

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

These are pre drilled?

All the rails are predrilled top and bottom to match the holes created in the factory.

Pic shows transferring the holes from BOP rails.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

Do BOP and Pinbot take the same rails?

I'm honestly not sure.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

I would take a BOP set if you arn't too far along!

Sent a PM

#142 8 years ago

Sets ready to ship.

AFM(would ship at end of week)
HS2(sold)
TSPP
TZ

#143 8 years ago

3 new AFM backboards entering the world. These things are a total PITA. I route out openings and then give them 3-4 coats lacquer. Then wetsand and add an additional 2-3 coats. Thanks for keeping me busy over the holidays.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Taylor does TOP NOTCH quality work.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm curious what kind of grade of wood do you use? I wouldn't think it would matter if you plane and sand it finished. Do you worry about bows or warped pieces? If you screw it into the playfield surely it will straighten as long as it isn't rocker leg warped.

I use red oak and take my time to only use straight stock.
Finding the wood takes time and when I find it I stock up.

Quoted from dmacy:

I hate to say this but for such an inexpensive cost, it seems too little to pay. Other than doing this yourself, who else does this other than a high end restore? I've used his rails on every Playfield swap I've done and even some I haven't. Thank you Taylor for taking the time for doing this for rookies like me.
Only pic I have of his rails on my phone currently.

image_(resized).jpeg

I've tried to keep it affordable as a way to make it a no brainer when doing a swap or a restore. I had to raise my prices at one point due to increases in shipping and raw materials going up. I may have to do it again but it does just reflect actual increases to me.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Have you used any other types of wood like walnut or hickory? I work in a cabinet shop so I can make them for myself I was just looking for your opinions.

I haven't. Just cost prohibitive and the oak has the same grain as the vinyl wrap that was originally used.

#151 8 years ago

Shipping day.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Hey Taylor, do you have LOTR in your magic bag?

I don't unfortunately. Only modern Sterns are Metpro(assume would work in Metprem/LE and) and TSPP.

#154 8 years ago

I'm making some BOP rails and will have an extra set FS and ready to ship by the end of this week. Hit me up if you are interested.

#155 8 years ago

Shipping day. Going international.
BOP,MM,TOTAN,MB and an AFM backboard are on their way.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Taylor,
You might already know, but if you're shipping anything USPS Priority, you can request free pickup. Way easier than waiting in line at the PO.

I have a really small neighborhood post office that is usually empty. I almost never wait more than 5 minutes in line. I tried to set up online shipping and the time it would take to type in all the info for each customer is more than it takes to go to the actual building.

3 weeks later
#160 8 years ago

I am backed up on projects due to the cold weather that is sitting on the Mid-atlantic. I have rails ready for finish but my shop is currently too cold to spray and get a proper finish.

Hopefully the cold snap breaks this week and orders will start going out. Very sorry for the delay.

Rails affected by this are;

EK
STNNG x2
MB, CFTBL
Firepower
Mars God of War

I tried to email everyone but Pinside email is down.

If you desperately need to get in touch with me hit me up through my Facebook page please.
https://www.facebook.com/Reese-Rails-1547618268848757/

-Taylor

2 weeks later
#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Taylor,
Do you have any Whirlwind rails?
Thanks

I don't. Surprised by that actually.

1 week later
#165 8 years ago

All outstanding orders have shipped!! Thanks for your patience.
Taking orders.

#170 8 years ago

busting out some Funhouse rails.

5 months later
#182 7 years ago

Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 10.51.20 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-09-04 at 10.51.20 AM (resized).png

Holy crap. Had no idea there was so much action on this thread and it was buried so missed a lot of post here. I am still making rails but the summer has been really difficult due to the humidity we experienced in the mid-atlantic.

In lieu of Pinside's sellers fees now applying to everyone I've also avoided posting extra sets rails for sale.
I appreciate Pinside's need to generate money from their site but I have really tried to keep the prices on my rails as low as I possibly can. With shipping and shipping materials there is very little margin on making these and I'd rather not start tacking on more to cover Pinside fees.

Rails are generally $55 shipped but sometimes a little more if they require a special finish or the set of rails contains an extra number of pieces. No set of rails is more than $65 so any uncharge is strictly to cover materials. I will do trades for parts or mods or whatever, really enjoy providing these so happy to work with people that under a budget.

My FB page is at https://www.facebook.com/Reese-Rails-1547618268848757/ and you can contact me at [email protected]

Quoted from codered9394:

Anybody have a email for Taylor or is he responding through pinside messaging?

your Taxi rails have been born, now just need to finish. Of course once again the dew point and humidity are through the roof. Should get a good break this week.
Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 10.51.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-09-04 at 10.51.10 AM (resized).png

I currently have 36 different rails in stock and have more coming in all the time. I can make any rails that are sent to me.

Current titles I have templates for:
TOTAN
MET(pro) assume will work fro other models
BSD
RS
NGG
MGOW
FH
IJ
MB
TZ
SC
TAF
HS2
Blackout
MM (single wooden rail)
WH2O
CFTBL
TOMMY
EK
JD
BOP
DW
T2
F2K
Taxi
Bad Cats
Scared Stiff
Fire Power
TOM
AFM
Flash
Checkpoint
STTNG
Sorcerer
Mata Hari

Rails on their way to me include
Paragon and Whirlwind

#183 7 years ago

Some Whirlwind rails came in yesterday so they can now be made.

IMG_0172 (resized).jpgIMG_0172 (resized).jpg

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from txx3ddq442:

How unlucky that the finger joint was in the narrow, cut-out portion of the rail. I wonder how that passed Williams' QA/QC.

Communication from B/W has been atrocious about this.

#186 7 years ago

Have 2 sets of rails I ready to ship. you can hit me up though pinside or at [email protected]

TOTAN

Earthshaker

#187 7 years ago

Routing tapered guide slots for Paragon.image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#188 7 years ago

Paragon rails finished in blue dye and a clear lacquer.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Holy crap - that blue is awesome.

Thanks. I've done several EK and now Paragon with the dye.

#191 7 years ago

Evil Knievel.

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 9.04.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-09-16 at 9.04.55 PM (resized).png

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I think im getting my first set of Reese Rails through a group buy with some other Canadian collectors for my Star Gazer. Can't wait to see them!

Yes you are, started on them yesterday.

Quoted from eh97ac:

Do you have Centaur rails?

I do not. They would need to be sent or a drawing down so I can make them.

1 week later
#199 7 years ago

Thanks for posting and thanks for the business. It was a tough summer for business because of the humidity so it's nice to be getting my rails out in their regular turnaround window and keeping people's projects flowing.

Stoked to be a little part of so many ongoing restorations.

#200 7 years ago

All rails oh order are shipped or waiting for humidity to drop.
Pictures below are 4xStar Gazer, 1xMM, 2x BOP

IMG_0548 (resized).JPGIMG_0548 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#201 7 years ago

I really want to apologize for the wait but we've had non stop humid conditions until yesterday. All rails received final coats today so a couple days and they should be ready to ship.

IMG_0770 (resized).JPGIMG_0770 (resized).JPG

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

How similar are rails between different manufacturers and titles? Obviously the length and hole position are different but what about height and width? I live in Panama for a couple more years and shipping to and from here is very slow. I wanted to send you my Pinbot rails but it would have delayed my project for to long because of shipping times. Is it possible to buy rails painted and just cut them to the length I need?

Rails are typically 1/2" X 1 1/8" I've done raw rails for people or painted blanks and then they drill the holes. I try to work with whatever the person needs. If you can measure me lengths I can make them and just send you painted rails.

1 week later
#204 7 years ago

Added Fish Tales to the inventory of rails that I can replicate.

2 weeks later
#205 7 years ago

Been busy filling orders. Currently making some Firepower and FG rails for a fellow Pinside. A couple FT sets and a FG set are ready to ship.

I've had to bump my prices a little to deal when USPS price increases. In most cases sets are $60 shipped unless there is extra material or finishing needed. FG for example has about 3x the material as a normal set as and Firepower is stained and then finished so a slight bump in price as well.

I am always open to trades for parts or mods and will work with you if in need.

Thanks for the business and for allowing me to be a part of your restorations, the response over the years has been humbling.

Cheers.

IMG_0988 (resized).JPGIMG_0988 (resized).JPG

IMG_1051 (resized).JPGIMG_1051 (resized).JPG

#211 7 years ago

lordloss I think I have a set already but will let you know.

I do have a set for Fish Tales if anyone is in need.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

TaylorVA are Star Gazer rails available now?

travisbmartin I made some off of measurements I was given. These did not have measurements for top holes, only the ones on the bottom.

#215 7 years ago

Swamped with work so not taking new orders until I get current workload finished. Should be all caught up by Thanksgiving.

1 week later
#216 7 years ago

Everything ordered as of today has shipped.

#219 7 years ago

Miniature backbox I was commissioned to make.

IMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPG

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

I got my rails for my TAF and WWH2O yesterday. Professional quality. Really like the blue dye. Happy Thanksgiving Taylor!

You too!

Quoted from Strohz:

What a cool idea, neat backbox!

Thanks man. I owe you several care
packages.

2 weeks later
#224 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Got my doctor who rails in look great!!

Excellent, glad they finally made it to you.

1 month later
#227 7 years ago

Winter Break is over and I'm getting back into the swing. All rails that have been ordered are milled with at least 2 coats of lacquer. Hoping to get all sets their final coats this week.

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Taylor, do you have a list of what you have templates for? It seems you have quite a bit!

I'll update this weekend.

All orders will be shipping this upcoming week.

IMG_2210 (resized).JPGIMG_2210 (resized).JPG

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Classy photo from a classy fella.
-mof

Thanks, means a lot. -Taylor

#232 7 years ago

All rails ordered have shipped

DETM to MN
AFM to CA
CFTBL to PA
Taxi and TAF to CA
MB to VA
Wh20 to WA
JP to PA

1 week later
#233 7 years ago

Busy week.

IMG_2377 (resized).JPGIMG_2377 (resized).JPG

IMG_2391 (resized).JPGIMG_2391 (resized).JPG

IMG_2399 (resized).JPGIMG_2399 (resized).JPG

IMG_2408 (resized).JPGIMG_2408 (resized).JPG

IMG_2426 (resized).JPGIMG_2426 (resized).JPG

#235 7 years ago

It's a blue. I've made LOTR but they were based off of measurements emailed me so I wasn't able to drill the pilot holes. The blue might look really sharp in LOTR. I'll send a sample with the TOM rails.

2 months later
#238 7 years ago

As of 4-8-17 all rails ordered have shipped. I have orders coming in from numerous sources so if you don't hear back from me within a day please reach out to me at [email protected]

Thanks.

-Taylor

IMG_3012 (resized).JPGIMG_3012 (resized).JPG

#239 7 years ago

Just realized it's my 10 year anniversary making playfield rails.

Thanks to anyone that has ordered a set or sent me sets to have as a template for other people's order. I've made hundreds of sets for people across the country and on at least 3 continents.

Here's to the next 10.

-Taylor

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Taylor, since CV playfields are now out there, do you have CV rail templates?

Pretty sure I do. Will check in the morning.

Quoted from Coyote:

Eventually - later this year I think - I'm going to be sending you Nudge-It rails to make templates out of (you know, for the other 51 people that may need them..), and Meteor rails for templates if you don't have them already.

Excellent, thanks.

#244 7 years ago

Current list of used rails I have as templates, always looking for sets to add. I will be at Allentown, Pinburgh and the York show.

Backboards
T2
TZ
TAXI

Rails
DW
TOTAN
MET (from a pro but seems like it would work on all models. Just not sure about holes on playfield side lining up)
DE Checkpoint
Wh2O
NF
Taxi
TZ
Paragon
NGG
AFM
MB
CFTBL
BOP
TAF
T2
Diner
Flash
FH
IJ
TOM
Blackout
SC
FT
Firepower
F2K
DE Time Machine
HS2
Whirlwind
Shadow
MM (single wood rail)
Sorcerer
Bad Cats
LOTR
JD
JP
SS
STTNG
TSPP
BSD
Tommy
Mata Hari
MGOW

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Just got my IJ set of rails yesterday! Haven't installed them yet since the playfield is still being restored but these rails look AMAZING!!!!
Thanks!!!!

Good to hear, good luck with the project.

Quoted from dmacy:

I will get in touch with you soon to send you some.

Sounds good.

2 months later
#248 6 years ago

I will be on vacation until mid August. If at Pinburgh say hello.

2 months later
#251 6 years ago

KornFreak28 I'm back.

IMG_6738 (resized).JPGIMG_6738 (resized).JPG

#255 6 years ago

Looks like I will have some Fathom rails in hand soon!

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

is that from your fellow podcaster?

No,
but I think he will be getting some.

#259 6 years ago

alexmogil They are done and will ship end of this upcoming week.

#261 6 years ago

Lonzo I believe I do. Send me a PM if interested. Thanks

#262 6 years ago

Recent batch of rails including MH in red lacquer, IJ, TOTAN, TOM, FP and TZ. IMG_6930 (resized).JPGIMG_6930 (resized).JPG

BTW, my Pinside mail was not being autoforwarded to my regular email so apologize for the spotty communication. I have a Reese Rails FB page as well and is a good way to keep in touch.
https://www.facebook.com/reeserails/?pnref=lhc

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

sent you a pm about needing a set of TZ rails...i'll take that set if not spoken for

Those are headed off to CA. I replied to your PM. Thanks-Taylor

#266 6 years ago

dmacy

I somehow don't have CV. If you can send them on that would be great. Have you down for both Whirlwing and IJ and will get on them this week.

Hit me up if you need my address.

Thanks-Taylor

#270 6 years ago

@mschonbrun I thought I had....

dmacy I’ll look through my stack and see if I missed them. Will hit you up and let you know.

Pbpins none in stock but can make a set of course. Just lmk.

#271 6 years ago

I'm closed to new orders until I can get caught up on what has been ordered as of 10-9. Been inundated with work in the last two days. I will catch up shortly but with 10 sets in the queue I need to focus on the orders at hand.

Thanks for the business. -Taylor

1 week later
#272 6 years ago

ALL orders have been milled and sanded. Will start finishing tomorrow.

Pictured; Flash Gordon, Centaur 2, CV, WWx3,TAFx2,IJ and TZ

A69CCAF1-B541-48A7-A5D4-B00938745CB4 (resized).jpegA69CCAF1-B541-48A7-A5D4-B00938745CB4 (resized).jpeg

#273 6 years ago

Was hoping to spray final coats of lacquer today, 10/23, but humidity has it pushed back until this upcoming Wednesday which means rails will ship early next week.

#274 6 years ago

rails

6C7BCC4A-F550-4C54-9581-A948AAD66921 (resized).jpeg6C7BCC4A-F550-4C54-9581-A948AAD66921 (resized).jpeg

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

You don't happen to do No Fear ones at all?

Micky I can do No Fear.

1 week later
#277 6 years ago

Had to delay shipping of the last batch to this upcoming week.

Next batch has been milled and is awaiting dye and,or lacquer.

43A031DF-DB06-42FA-8329-12C446819C96 (resized).jpeg43A031DF-DB06-42FA-8329-12C446819C96 (resized).jpeg

#278 6 years ago

IMG_7309 (resized).JPGIMG_7309 (resized).JPG

#282 6 years ago

I have a set or rails for Theatre of Magic in the tube ready to ship. $60 east of the Mississippi, $65 west of it.

I also have a set of TSPP rails that are milled and just need a final coat of lacquer. Same price.

Pictured are a set of Paragon and Mata Hari rails getting dyed. I use wood dyes made for guitars from Stewmac. They will eventually be finished with clear lacquer.

F2C1D383-9B91-413F-BF77-DAED737FFA5F (resized).jpegF2C1D383-9B91-413F-BF77-DAED737FFA5F (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#283 6 years ago

Quick update for those with orders in. Everything has been milled and finished and will ship out before Thanksgiving. I'll be contacting you for shipping info if I don't have it. Thanks.

#286 6 years ago

Kerry_Richard I do have FH rails to use as templates.

#291 6 years ago

MikeHogue Lonzo PM sent

Tallon I'm hoping to get a set in soon. I had thought I had a set lined up but they never showed. My understating is that someone else is planning on sending me some shortly so as soon as they are in house I will post.

Thanks-Taylor

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from hepgeek:

Those red rails are snazzy. Has anyone put a set of red rails on a Sorcerer?

I don’t think so. I’ve done sorcerer but think it matched whatever stock color was. I did orange for some game but I can’t remember what title.

#294 6 years ago

Shipped 6 sets today and started the next batch. Won’t be taking any more orders until after Thanksgiving. Have a happy Thanksgiving and safe travels.

651ECAAC-C9FB-40E1-A164-72EA30A178A4 (resized).jpeg651ECAAC-C9FB-40E1-A164-72EA30A178A4 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#295 6 years ago

All rails ordered have been made. Couple days to dry and then will ship.

AA714C2C-B4E9-4C49-A576-B21A9F17D209 (resized).jpegAA714C2C-B4E9-4C49-A576-B21A9F17D209 (resized).jpeg

#297 6 years ago

Lonzo

Happy to get them done quickly for you, the weather has been great for finishing.

#298 6 years ago

Blue dyed FH and Star Gazer Rails were born today. SealClubber rdbronko73

381316F7-E205-43B3-8B9E-B684E37111B8 (resized).jpeg381316F7-E205-43B3-8B9E-B684E37111B8 (resized).jpeg

#300 6 years ago

Coyote I only have blue and red but I get them from Stewmac and they have a bunch of other colors. They are expensive for what I get out of them so I usually charge a little more if I remember to. Once something is paid for like this I try to drop the price back down.

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 3.57.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-11-30 at 3.57.15 PM (resized).png

#301 6 years ago

Everything but the recent FH and Star Gazer orders are packed up and will ship tomorrow.

5737365A-633C-4867-92BB-D81798B73F83 (resized).jpeg5737365A-633C-4867-92BB-D81798B73F83 (resized).jpeg

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to Taylor and his rails.
I just received my Funhouse and Creatures rails in the mail today. They're absolutely beautiful! All mounting holes are lined up and pre drilled for ease of installation. Super fast shipping and packed great too. Couldn't be happier!
Thanks Taylor!

Thanks for the kind words Mike. The fall has been really good to me as it has made the window for finishing such that I was able to knock out rails quickly for everyone.

That said, WINTER IS COMING, and so is cold weather so rail production is going to slow a bit until that one week window in the spring where humidity levels are low.

For those that follow this thread I want to say thank you for the work and interest in my rail making endeavors. I am excited to say that I have finally landed a set of Fathom rails into my library. I am not going to advertise these too much as I need a break for Xmas. If interested hit me up.

-Taylor

#304 6 years ago

Taking a break until after the New Year.

If you have ordered as of 12/13 your rails are in the works. No new orders until 1/2/'18.

1 week later
#306 6 years ago

Just a quick update. Nothing new is ready to ship as I’ve been under the weather and had to order more wood dye. Should be up and running again after Xmas to knock out all orders. Sorry for the delays. Always feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

3 weeks later
#309 6 years ago

I want to apologize to those waiting on rails or waiting on responses from me. The last 3 weeks have been a perfect storm for me as Holidays, extremely cold weather and the loss of my grandmother have all taken place since I last posted in this thread. As a one man production team I have always done my best to provide this service in a timely manner and over the last few months I have been unable to do that. I want to apologize for the inconvenience I have created for those waiting on a set of rails.

Will all that said, the saw has a new blade and I am ready to get back into the swing. I need to dig back through emails and orders to catch up with everyone.
If you do not hear from me today or tomorrow and you believe you have a set on order or would like to place an order please lmk.

Thanks -Taylor

1 week later
#311 6 years ago

Still trying to catch up and trying to attach names to rails I have in the shop.
These sets should all be finished this upcoming weekend or week. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Currently have

TOTAN- Richie R
EBD- leaffan67
Whirwind- Mike Z
Funhouse(black)- ??

SG(black)- Brian P
SG(blue)- sealclubber
FH(blue)- Rdonko

Fathom-TSS
TSPP- available (customer ordered and never paid)

Recent order
TAF- Magnus A
TAF- ?
TAF- Charlie P
IJ-

#316 6 years ago

been busy

IMG_8021 (resized).JPGIMG_8021 (resized).JPG

IMG_8022 (resized).JPGIMG_8022 (resized).JPG

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

i see some blue rails...........mine

Yes sir. Catching up with a vengeance.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Any blue rails for this guy?

Tsskinne the ones with the curved notches are yours

#321 6 years ago

I've had to put an order in for more stock which should arrive 1/29.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

You have me down for a set of TAF rail Taylor?

I do. It has been milled and has received 3 coats of lacquer so far.

Quoted from alexmogil:

That is a beautiful blue color!

Thanks. I use a dye that is sold for staining electric guitars. It takes some more work but the results are pretty stunning.

1 week later
#328 6 years ago

Ericpinballfan I'll do whatever someone needs. I've cut triangle support blocks for the inside of cabinets for someone.

Quick update.

I'm now in possession of a set of Who Dunnit rails and have rails for Medusa and Centaur coming in and expect some Junkyard rails as well.
I am in the middle of a large batch so any new orders will take some time to get to.

About 12 sets are just about ready to ship.

#329 6 years ago

Book upped for a while with recent orders. Will post when I can take new ones. Thanks.

#331 6 years ago

Tallon you are in. Medusa rails should get here midweek and I need to have this batch ready for finishing for next week.

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'm in no immediate hurry, got a few expenses coming up in the next few weeks but would you be able to do Whodunnit rails in either a dark'ish purple or a mid blue colour?

I could do that, but would need to be in the next batch. I have blue and red dye that should work well for what you are asking for.

#334 6 years ago

Currently working on 20+ sets.

Shipping to Europe is around 25-30 USD for those that have asked. I shipped a set to Sweden yesterday and they were 23.50+ materials.

97886774-C789-4AA5-80FD-DBA80EB28AAF (resized).jpeg97886774-C789-4AA5-80FD-DBA80EB28AAF (resized).jpeg

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from roar:

How about to Canada for a single set?

roar
Shipped some to Toronto this week for $25...dude, why is shipping to Canada so expensive?

#340 6 years ago

SUPERBEE I've done that before so not a problem.

Rascal_H yes sir. They should be finished this weekend and then need as little dry time.

This is just this last week....

fullsizeoutput_1176 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1176 (resized).jpeg

#345 6 years ago

Quick update on rails...

If the set you ordered was black they received final coat of lacquer and will ship next week.

Fathom orders required an order of more blue dye which arrived today and they should be ready to get some finish this weekend.

All prior orders including blue SG, FH and Whirlwind are ready to ship.

Thanks!

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from kursiv:

Taylor, do you allow the customer to choose whether the rail sides facing the cabinet are to be painted or not?

kursiv I don't have a problem with that, but usually paint both sides. The rails I am making for you are painted on both sides so let me know if you would like them not painted on one side and I will make a new set with that option.

#352 6 years ago

I have in stock, ready to ship:

Fish Tales
Tales Of the Arabian Nights

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Eta on my taf?

lordloss shipping end of this week.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Thanks again! New wood looks great. Got me inspired to finish putting her back together today.

Looks great.

#360 6 years ago

BertoDRINK1 I don't have comet. How about some TOTAN rails? If you can send Comet I'll make them.

Brijam Got it and put you in the queue.

Skateball set I knocked out today for a local friend.

Set came with ball guides attached which was nice to check the dimensions of holes I drill on the side vs original nail diameter.
fullsizeoutput_11b1 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_11b1 (resized).jpeg

Rails are typically 1 1/8" tall but Skateball rails vary in height.
fullsizeoutput_11b4 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_11b4 (resized).jpeg

Tapered slots are also different on right and left side.
fullsizeoutput_11af (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_11af (resized).jpeg

Rails milled and sanded
IMG_8407 (resized).JPGIMG_8407 (resized).JPG

Old vs New
IMG_8415 (resized).jpegIMG_8415 (resized).jpeg

Finished.
IMG_8414 (resized).jpegIMG_8414 (resized).jpeg

IMG_8413 (resized).jpegIMG_8413 (resized).jpeg

High_End_Pins here are the pics

#362 6 years ago

Cheers! Good luck with the swap!

#364 6 years ago

BSD, NF and TAF came into the world today. Next week will be dedicated to Fathom and shipping.

98EC7F0E-F689-4295-ABC8-2E0B607E7E8F (resized).jpeg98EC7F0E-F689-4295-ABC8-2E0B607E7E8F (resized).jpeg16550F2C-68E0-49CC-972E-76B895F1E58B (resized).jpeg16550F2C-68E0-49CC-972E-76B895F1E58B (resized).jpeg

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hello, hoping to get in the queue for Funhouse.
thanks,

I'm doing my best to get there.

Shipped 3 sets today and got wrapped up these in preparation for shipping. Love the eclectic mix of games I've been getting orders for. Have some new titles headed my way as well, including Haunted House and Comet.

rails (resized).jpgrails (resized).jpg

#368 6 years ago

I have contacted everyone that has rails pictured above as well as Micky and Brijam that have just recently completed sets.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Is the Haunted House based on me sending you mine as we spoke about via pm or do you already have templates for it ? Just want to know if I still need to send mine ?

SUPERBEE based on yours coming in.

#373 6 years ago

Shipped all rails pictured above, but for one customer(waiting on shipping info). Have a dozen rails in my queue. 10 Fathom, 1 Who Dunnit, 1 TAF.

Will update when I have something to update.

#376 6 years ago

Was nice to get that batch out the door.

Next batch is in the works. Fathom x 11, TAF and Who Dunnit.

IMG_8516 (resized).JPGIMG_8516 (resized).JPG

#377 6 years ago

Fathom rails going through their stages. 83498912-2CD6-48BF-821C-4B09964A921C (resized).jpeg83498912-2CD6-48BF-821C-4B09964A921C (resized).jpegEDC9E959-3B29-4D00-A4F0-25DCFF48FE7A (resized).jpegEDC9E959-3B29-4D00-A4F0-25DCFF48FE7A (resized).jpeg

Custom purple for a set of Who Dunnit rails that will eventually head to Australia. CEA6AAAA-3C7B-4DB5-9AE4-771E8C890714 (resized).jpegCEA6AAAA-3C7B-4DB5-9AE4-771E8C890714 (resized).jpeg

3 new sets added to the library. Fired them off today. Say hello to Comet, Mystery Castle and Xenon. 4287EEBC-E49F-49B6-B7E8-CA89861EE934 (resized).jpeg4287EEBC-E49F-49B6-B7E8-CA89861EE934 (resized).jpeg

3D printed Miniature backbox printed by my friend Mike O. Idea for these was conceived by my friend Chris. I built a couple of these out of wood and now trying to figure out how practicale a kit for DIYers will be. 6E97ECE5-88DE-45DB-B4DE-BF6CE6C20A6A (resized).jpeg6E97ECE5-88DE-45DB-B4DE-BF6CE6C20A6A (resized).jpeg

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I meant to ask - since I'm going to have you do my Big Ben rails - is Yellow or a light blue possible?

Anything is possible.

#382 6 years ago

Coyote I wasn't trying to be a smart ass...this time.

Either is doable. The dye I use for the Fathom rails is a concentrate so can be mixed with alcohol to lighten it. Yellow is doable with dye or even a high gloss paint. I did a set of Roadshow rails in orange for a customer that came out pretty sharp.

jaytrem can do.

#384 6 years ago

cosmokramer ...or being planned. I knew there would be demand when I landed a set, but 18 sets in a month is pretty crazy. Just wish I had CA weather for spraying lacquer.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Move to CA. The wife and kids will love it.

@mschonbrun it has come up in conversation. The whole CA catching on fire and then being extinguished when it slips into the ocean after the big one is also a topic of discussion.

#390 6 years ago

Elicash yours are in the works. p

#391 6 years ago

Tapered slot for PopBumperPete Xenon railsC6631C2E-D5B8-467A-94F7-AA38C489E2CA (resized).jpegC6631C2E-D5B8-467A-94F7-AA38C489E2CA (resized).jpeg

Sanding scoopouts in Fathom and Xenon Rails D3E8F446-F9BB-4482-8C96-285E2BCBDF24 (resized).jpegD3E8F446-F9BB-4482-8C96-285E2BCBDF24 (resized).jpeg

FH, Comet, Xenon, Fathom and AFM 301059D3-467F-4B40-8B6F-A136EF0AF33D (resized).jpeg301059D3-467F-4B40-8B6F-A136EF0AF33D (resized).jpeg

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

coolies, with your fast production my rails should be here last week

Haha. Was too cold to spray lacquer so decided to get ahead on some new orders.

jaytrem did you want black
or stained with clear lacquer?

#395 6 years ago

Weekend work. C8E9746A-61A1-472B-9DF3-EEA08B1A04BA (resized).jpegC8E9746A-61A1-472B-9DF3-EEA08B1A04BA (resized).jpegComet, FH, AFM, Xenon and Fathom

#396 6 years ago

To complete work I have in my queue I am not accepting any new work until April 1st, 2018. I have also edited the first post of this thread to include all titles I have available and to reflect a change in pricing that will take place for new orders on and after 4/1/'18. I appreciate all the work you have given me over the years. The materials and time that go into making each set has become about as streamlined as I can make it. The raw material cost have gone up over the decade I have made my rails and external cost have gone up as well and I felt like it was important to determine appropriate pricing.

Thanks for the business over the years.
-Taylor

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Welcome to the Reese Rails Pinside thread. I have been making replacement playfield rails for over a decade. Rails are made of oak and can be finished
in a variety of finishes and colors. Rails are milled and predrilled using templates of original rails I have on hand. If you need a set of rails for a game I do not have templates for you can send them in and I will replicate them.
Shipping information. I ship using USPS priority. Priority includes $50 insurance.
Shipping rates in the US are usually about $15 to the PNW and CA. On the Ease Coast it runs from $8-$12.
International shipping is available and I charge actual shipping cost. Recent shipments to Europe were in the $25-35 range. Canadian shipping is usually around $20. Australian shipping is around $25-$30, 2 sets I just shipped together were $50.
I usually attend the York, Allentown and ReplayFX shows and can deliver rails to those shows as well.
The following list is a complete list of rails I have on hand and cost before shipping. I have done my best to keep prices as low as possible to make rails an affordable option to those doing restorations or playfield swaps. With the increase in material cost over the years and differences in time and materials it takes to make the rails I feel like it is time to reflect those cost and make a definitive list with prices. These prices will go into affect on 4/1/'18.
Thank you for the business over the years and I hope to continue to provide this service for years to come.
$60
AFM
BOP
BSD
CV
DW
FH
HS2
IJ(williams)
JD
LOTR
MB
No Fear
NGG
TSPP
TAF
T2
TZ
TOM
Tommy
TOTAN
TS
STTNG
SS
WH2O
Whirlwind
Who Dunnit
Road Show
$65
Bad Cats
Comet
CFTBL
DE Checkpoint
DE Time Machine
Diner
FT
JP
Taxi
Skateball
Sorcerer
$70
Big Game
Blackout
Centaur
EBD
EK
Firepower
Flash
Flight 2000
MH
MGOW
Medusa
Mystery Castle
Paragon
$75
Fathom
Xenon

Post edited by TaylorVA: updated

#399 6 years ago

My sad, it's cold and I can't feel my fingers face. IMG_8591 (resized).JPGIMG_8591 (resized).JPG

TAF, Fathomx2, IJ, CFTBL milled and slotted. IMG_8593 (resized).JPGIMG_8593 (resized).JPG

#403 6 years ago

CFTBL, Fathom x2, TAF and IJ drilled and sanded and ready for finish. Looks like weather is going to be decent rest of the week for finishing.

fullsizeoutput_1208 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_1208 (resized).jpeg

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

I am interested in the rail for MM, but I don't see it on your list. Is that an oversight? I thought I remembered seeing it on there before.

Pinbaltz I do have MM. It's a single wooden rail. I can do that one for $45 shipped.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

What would the turn around time be if I sent you my rails to get a template from? This is a no-rush project pin for me so it's fine if things take a little while.

FlippyD if weather is cooperating 2-3 weeks from door to door. This is a touchy time as one day it is nice and then we get a cold snap. I work on the rails 7 days a week so bounce between milling and finishing. I can have a set milled and drilled in a day, it is the finishing that generally holds me up.

BTW, if anyone has a set of Flash Gordon rails off a game I could use them. Thanks. -Taylor

#411 6 years ago

Everything not Fathom or Who Dunnit received a couple coats today. Will sand most of this off

FF152E3F-6795-483B-854F-776133406724 (resized).jpegFF152E3F-6795-483B-854F-776133406724 (resized).jpeg

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from bbhenry2000:

Any chance you have rails for Evel Knievel in stock? Do you have pics of the blue finish?

I don’t have any in stock. The pic below is of a run of Fathom I am working on and gives you an idea of the blue. Wood and dye will creating varying shades of blue because of the way the wood absorbs the dye so no 2 sets will be exactly alike. 10281DD3-E431-4269-AC3D-E4212944BBC9 (resized).jpeg10281DD3-E431-4269-AC3D-E4212944BBC9 (resized).jpeg

Custom purple for a custome’s Who Dunnit 740D9F9E-8ABE-40E6-A81C-47DB86D25213 (resized).jpeg740D9F9E-8ABE-40E6-A81C-47DB86D25213 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#415 6 years ago

IMG_8743 (resized).JPGIMG_8743 (resized).JPG

#416 6 years ago

I f'd up and made a set of Xenon rails in black that were suppose to be blue so I have a set of Xenon rails packed up and ready to ship if anyone is looking.

#419 6 years ago

I'm on vacation with the family so not as connected as normal, will be in and out until Friday.

Atari_Daze yes!

Will PM my info

#421 6 years ago

Hey guys. I'm in need of some Flash Gordon rails. This is a title I have done several times but customers wanted their rails back so I'm unable to fill a couple orders. If you want to make it a temporary loan I understand and would send your rails back when requested.

Let me know.

Thanks -
Taylor

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

What's the chances you can make the one 9" rail for a Blackwater 100?

Pretty good. 9" x 1 1/8" x 1/2"?

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

I'll get you the exact measurements tomorrow if thats ok. Thanks

That works. I have stock coming in Tuesday so next batch will be fired up then and I will get it in the works.

#428 6 years ago

I should be getting some new stock in the shop today and will be starting on orders. As per usual my "not taking new orders" post failed and I have about 10 sets in the queue. I need to come up with a mod that I can buy off the shelf and stick a bulb in, this woodworking stuff is work.

#432 6 years ago

Thanks folks. Appreciate the kind words. Cheers.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Wondering if the game list at top of this thread is the official game list -- just added fathom.
Will be looking for firepower, blackout, seawitch, fireball II.
-mof

List is current other than Atlantis which just landed and will be added today.

Unfortunately the company I order my stock from f'd up my order and new stock isn't scheduled to land until April 17th. I have 4 sets of rails that are being delivered to Allentown and I have a limited number of sets of Fathom rails.

#437 6 years ago

Thanks Mancave

In my shop they looked a bit more purple. For these I layered dyes and worked with Mancave to get a match as close as I could to what he wanted.

#438 6 years ago

Back on the bike as new stock arrived. 2x Atlantis, Xenon, TAF, BOP, MM, CC(just made to length as I don't have a set), Pharaoh (just milling), EK

IMG_9015 (resized).JPGIMG_9015 (resized).JPG

#439 6 years ago

No new orders until after Allentown.

Flash Gordon and 2x FH rails added to current batch.

All rails have been milled. Currently transferring holes and then to drilling.

#440 5 years ago

Everything drilled and hit with a random orbit sander. Next up is to hand sand everything and clean up any slots. 1E74260B-4B71-425B-B347-B0916C66740A (resized).jpeg1E74260B-4B71-425B-B347-B0916C66740A (resized).jpeg

Looking at getting a screen burned so I can make some shirts. 8D22C3C4-24BC-44FA-AFEF-1981DF0019B1 (resized).jpeg8D22C3C4-24BC-44FA-AFEF-1981DF0019B1 (resized).jpeg

#441 5 years ago

Going to make up some shirts. Shooting for $10. If interested let me know size. Thanks-Taylor

9AB2DDB3-2BC0-4D83-B389-28E717C679F8 (resized).png9AB2DDB3-2BC0-4D83-B389-28E717C679F8 (resized).png

#442 5 years ago

Most recent batch is finished and will sit a couple days before getting wrapped for shipping.

Thanks to Atari_Daze for sending in Atlantis rails and flynnibus for loaning me his Flash Gordon rails to make templates.

IMG_9077 (resized).JPGIMG_9077 (resized).JPG

IMG_9078 (resized).JPGIMG_9078 (resized).JPG

#443 5 years ago

Got pricing back on shirts and they are going to be $14 a shirt. That is without a mark up. Putting in the order tonight.

#444 5 years ago

Have a couple extra sets FS. Can be brought to Allentown.

Funhouse

Flash Gordon

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Opened my rails yesterday. They're too nice!!! Going to make my cabinet looks bad. Guess I might have to paint that too. Anyway, thanks, they do look great!!!

Thansk man. Appreciate it.

Working on next batch and then taking an indefinite break. My dad has terminal cancer and has ended his treatments. I will be back, just can’t take on any new orders at all, no emails please. Thanks.

And so I don’t leave you guys on a sad note; I can share with you that a new set of Skateball rails entered the world today.

EF8D8F0A-87DF-4AC2-8A9E-0F63B19C09B4 (resized).jpegEF8D8F0A-87DF-4AC2-8A9E-0F63B19C09B4 (resized).jpeg

465DB17B-DA72-415E-86BA-D3D752FA7CD7 (resized).jpeg465DB17B-DA72-415E-86BA-D3D752FA7CD7 (resized).jpeg

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as you are. Thoughts and prayers....

To you too. It just sucks.

5 months later
#461 5 years ago

RR Logo.pdfRR Logo.pdf

Couple quick words regarding this past summer and the future of Reese Rails.

First I want to thank everyone that have used my rails as part of their restorations or shop jobs. It has been truly humbling to know that my rails are going into projects across the world. A little over 10 years ago I stumbled into this hobby business when I made myself 2 sets of rails for a TAF swap I was working on. The second set was as "just in case" set that I ended up not needing and sold on RGP for $20. Between then and now I have made over 200 sets of rails and have shipped to 7 different countries and over 40 of the 50 states in the US.

Over the last year and a half there was a large uptick in the number of rails being ordered. The amount of work was great but as a one man production team I really started to get burned out. This past December my grandmother passed away which was began a difficult time for me and this hobby as I was putting more and more time into making rails but was also being pulled by familial obligations, this added to my burnout.

As some of you know my father had been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last year and had been battling the disease for a while. As the summer set in so did the disease and his struggle took a turn for the worse and he passed away this summer. During the last months of his life I have had a hard time keeping up with Reese Rails and decided to shut down for the foreseeable future. Avoiding Pinside was a simple way to avoid the responsibility I have taken on with this "business" but it was absolutely necessary to take care of the things that mean the most to me.

So, here we are.

I am slowly starting to get back into the swing and am trying to catch up with all outstanding orders. I have had people reach out to me recently that have had rails ordered prior to summer and I am working to fulfill those orders as quickly as possible. Over the last month I have made about 30 sets of rails and am finally getting out of the weeds.

If you had reached out about a set of rails over the summer and are still interested please email me at [email protected] using ReeseRails in the subject line and I will do my best to accommodate you as quickly as possible.

Thanks again for the years of work and allowing my rails to be a part of your hobby.

-Taylor Reese

2 months later
#466 5 years ago

It has been a busy fall/winter. I have material to make another 9 sets and will be doing my best to contact people in the order they have contacted me. Thanks.

And not that anyone gives a shit but here are some pics of the kitchen renovation I finished the Saturday before Christmas.

Before Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 5.52.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 5.52.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 5.52.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 5.52.11 PM (resized).png

After W6IyxsWRQuq9HWedLZcXiQ (resized).jpgW6IyxsWRQuq9HWedLZcXiQ (resized).jpgSKJryvz6QvqBXMlFGDBB5w (resized).jpgSKJryvz6QvqBXMlFGDBB5w (resized).jpg

#467 5 years ago

Medusa in red came out HOT!

3hp6A2RXTaWc1aL%+xgzdg (resized).jpg3hp6A2RXTaWc1aL%+xgzdg (resized).jpgqk%olMolTTm6aP3r9u3U+Q (resized).jpgqk%olMolTTm6aP3r9u3U+Q (resized).jpg
1 week later
#474 5 years ago

Well I thought I was back, but have been down with some crud for the last week, really kicked my as.

Quoted from alexmogil:

I did a search - do Elvira and the Party Monsters rails exist?

They do, I don't think I've done them though. I can put out some feelers for a used set if you are interested.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Put a feeler out for a guns n roses set as well please.

Will do!

Rails milled and marked. Next Up is drilling and sanding.
3877BC90-FE22-4FD6-8465-030FE6EFD9E6 (resized).jpeg3877BC90-FE22-4FD6-8465-030FE6EFD9E6 (resized).jpeg

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I would like a set for Elvira as well. Pf swap in March. If you don’t locate a used set by mid Feb I’ll see about pulling mine off and sending them out for template and new set

I’m looking but have yet to find a set.

#480 5 years ago

dmacy Thanks man, appreciate that.

I haven’t done the holders in a while. With NVRAM and another person starting to make them my orders dwindled and I started to just focus on the playfield rails.

#481 5 years ago

Just been hit by a huge order of solid state rails that are going to keep me busy for the next couple of weeks. On top of that I added Meteor and Seawitch to the template library which I will be updating soon.

Pic is current batch status. All rails have been milled drilled and sanded and now await finish.F70996AB-3155-4D5F-94E3-40B4ECC94D5C (resized).jpegF70996AB-3155-4D5F-94E3-40B4ECC94D5C (resized).jpeg

#482 5 years ago

This is an up to date list of the rails I have in my shop to use as templates for new rails.
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 7.46.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-22 at 7.46.27 PM (resized).png

#484 5 years ago

Dyeing up some rails for BG, FH and Medusa.

Also started rails for Centaur, WH2O, Seawitch, TZ and Scared Stiff.

A90D0CDA-E10A-483E-8E79-16E807A80BD3 (resized).jpegA90D0CDA-E10A-483E-8E79-16E807A80BD3 (resized).jpeg
#485 5 years ago

Centaur, WH2O, Scared Stiff, Seawitch and Twilight Zone are ready for finish. Glad I was able to get these knocked out so I can finish them with the most recent batch I've been working on.

mnaG727gRPCWhU7Tld6kdw (resized).jpgmnaG727gRPCWhU7Tld6kdw (resized).jpg
#487 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Taylor, interested in getting MotorDome added to that list?
Mine are in good shape but selling a machine with Reese Rails is always a great selling feature.

Of course. You need my info for shipping them out?

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

LOL, no I have it on the last shipping tube you sent me.
I should be tearing down the PF this weekend and will advise!

Excellent.

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from Juicerc51:

Would my Road Show rails be in the mess there?

Mess? Haha, yeah they are in there.

#493 5 years ago

A little weekend session to get some Whirlwind and Theatre of Magic rails ready for finish.

As of now I cannot take any new orders. I have about 15 sets of solid state rails to do and need to focus on them. If you have reached about about sending in rails I will knock those out as quickly as I can.

Thanks as always for the business.

48CB5F9B-F25F-4D95-9AB9-B5B7D466B059 (resized).jpeg48CB5F9B-F25F-4D95-9AB9-B5B7D466B059 (resized).jpeg
#495 5 years ago

Sanday.

F0CE5834-8A24-4C30-8D32-2DD63FEAF23A (resized).jpegF0CE5834-8A24-4C30-8D32-2DD63FEAF23A (resized).jpeg
#496 5 years ago

This are done. I’ll be hitting people up over the next week for shipping info.

9702AFEC-70F7-4D37-9A0B-8473C7158C1D (resized).jpeg9702AFEC-70F7-4D37-9A0B-8473C7158C1D (resized).jpeg02362F4C-0CB8-4C01-B019-26617AA634FB (resized).jpeg02362F4C-0CB8-4C01-B019-26617AA634FB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#497 5 years ago

Crazy cold has me a couple days behind on where I wanted to be on these. That said, these titles are now wrapped and going into tubes.

160A181C-1FC8-4753-A318-5A6248B19877 (resized).jpeg160A181C-1FC8-4753-A318-5A6248B19877 (resized).jpeg
#498 5 years ago

13 sets shipped today and hope to get the rest of these out tomorrow. Need to hunt down a couple buyers.

B9C8FA6A-F81B-45ED-A92D-B6D3F072CE01 (resized).jpegB9C8FA6A-F81B-45ED-A92D-B6D3F072CE01 (resized).jpeg
#500 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Is the Whitewater for me? If so, I’ll reach out.

It is. Wanted to make sure the address I shipped to in the past is still good.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Taylor - Can you send me a closeup of that green? Looks like it may fit well Wil the Big Ben colors!

This is the best I got as they shipped today.

53891BB0-7747-4388-BAEC-40F0525C90DD (resized).jpeg53891BB0-7747-4388-BAEC-40F0525C90DD (resized).jpeg
#505 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

When you are ready to accept new orders, I need a set of TAF rails. Thanks!

Shoot me a pm with your info. Thanks

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Title says no more orders?

I have about 15 orders to make and trying not to create an overwhelming backlog.

ISO the person that ordered TOM rails.

#509 5 years ago

F-14,TAF, Big Ben, Sorcerer and Motordome started up today. This are my stragglers before diving into a big order with a due date.

92C8C101-85B0-416D-9519-09DB530D4DF1 (resized).jpeg92C8C101-85B0-416D-9519-09DB530D4DF1 (resized).jpeg
#510 5 years ago

Routing tapered slots on Motordome rails. Can’t remember which game I made this jig for but has been a workhorse. 7CEBAD8A-B86E-4D00-A0ED-61F088BA22A0 (resized).jpeg7CEBAD8A-B86E-4D00-A0ED-61F088BA22A0 (resized).jpeg5E84C205-00E3-4392-BABE-E27DDA1ABC42 (resized).jpeg5E84C205-00E3-4392-BABE-E27DDA1ABC42 (resized).jpegFC25037D-DBFA-449D-9C1F-E14E411FF329 (resized).jpegFC25037D-DBFA-449D-9C1F-E14E411FF329 (resized).jpeg

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've got to say I've noticed the layout and compositions of your rails looks almost identical to the originals. Are the original woodworkers aware of your imitation?
Keep up the good work!

Better call kenada to launch an investigation!

#515 5 years ago

I’ve had several emails about my ordering process so want to clarify how I do things and to make a request to those ordering.

If inquiring about rails please put the name of the game in the subject line. It makes it much easier to search by game.

When you decide you want a set please send your shipping info.

Cost of rails is in the first post of this thread. Prices reflect material costs and how much work it takes to make a set. Prices can change due to material increases, but I charge what is listed at time of order. Payment is due after rails ship so I can add shipping to the total.

I always have a queue and make rails in batches due to the steps involved. I try to limit my batches to 5-10 sets so I can make them in a timely manner and frankly hate having backorders pile up.

And lastly, thank you. It’s been an honor to be a part of your restorations and projects throughout the years.

-Taylor

#516 5 years ago

Here is my queue. Some rails listed are being worked on including some for people who have sent in rails that are not listed. My birthday is tomorrow so I’m taking the day off. Cheers.

19756EEA-C4C9-49CD-B3C8-3469FDE1FF81 (resized).jpeg19756EEA-C4C9-49CD-B3C8-3469FDE1FF81 (resized).jpeg
#520 5 years ago

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 1.29.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-11 at 1.29.33 PM (resized).png

Update to what is in the current batch. I will not add any more rails to this batch.
This batch includes:
TAFx2
Centaur
F-14
IJ
Sorcerer
Big Ben
Motordome
LOTR

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 1.30.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-11 at 1.30.43 PM (resized).png

#521 5 years ago

Hole locations have been transferred. 28B6B43E-274B-4972-85FE-E84CD2ACB270 (resized).jpeg28B6B43E-274B-4972-85FE-E84CD2ACB270 (resized).jpeg

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Are you ever left with orphans/scrap/leftovers or mistakes in the process and would you be willing to sell? Like already painted but doesn’t fit.

Me? I have scraps but none are painted.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Nice, looks like I'm at the top of the list (even if slightly ominous to be underlined with a razor blade).
And happy birthday!

Haha, was just blocking out personal info..and thanks, it was a fun one.

Got everything drilled today and will sand them tomorrow. My sanding process includes sanding everything with a random orbit sander and then sanding each rail by hand, to say sanding is my least favorite part would be an understatement.

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 3.44.28 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-13 at 3.44.28 PM (resized).png
#527 5 years ago

Anyone have a Firepower Playfield they would sell? Might be picking up a project.

#529 5 years ago

chuckwurt what do you think of the hardtop?

#533 5 years ago

Nothing says Valentine’s Day like sandpaper and lacquer 2C95C7E3-569E-46F7-A4B5-117C32308039 (resized).jpeg2C95C7E3-569E-46F7-A4B5-117C32308039 (resized).jpeg751AAA02-A05D-4784-8A22-9707CF9D6112 (resized).jpeg751AAA02-A05D-4784-8A22-9707CF9D6112 (resized).jpeg

#536 5 years ago

Took advantage of the beautiful weather the last two days to get this latest batch through the lacquer stage. 3B8235C5-E5C3-46C5-B0C5-BAB1B9F73A91 (resized).jpeg3B8235C5-E5C3-46C5-B0C5-BAB1B9F73A91 (resized).jpeg1F8F428C-6B89-4A4F-A8D0-A22DE3AB10D5 (resized).jpeg1F8F428C-6B89-4A4F-A8D0-A22DE3AB10D5 (resized).jpeg

And I did make my wife and kids a beautiful dessert for Valentine’s Day. 1FEC24F1-E37D-4ECD-8CD1-E2499B4916F9 (resized).jpeg1FEC24F1-E37D-4ECD-8CD1-E2499B4916F9 (resized).jpeg

Chocolate cube was filled with raspberries, raspberry purée, white pudding and dark chocolate mousse 88FC7588-030D-4B2C-A402-A894821E1503 (resized).jpeg88FC7588-030D-4B2C-A402-A894821E1503 (resized).jpeg

#539 5 years ago

epeabs nice, thanks for sharing. How was the hardtop install?

#541 5 years ago

Put some rail money to good use today.

26C7990E-777F-40F6-9BD2-BD90C5405F55 (resized).jpeg26C7990E-777F-40F6-9BD2-BD90C5405F55 (resized).jpeg
703 posts in this topic match your search for posts by taylorva. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oak-replacement-playfield-rails-wh2o-and-taf-ready-to-ship-or-york/page/1?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.