New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 275149)

O-din?

By elcolonel

78 days ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 78 days ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Odin (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 78 days ago

Where did he go? I was doing my business at about 5 am musing at his posts, now poof!

#2 78 days ago

Looks like he froze over? Just signed in this morning myself and looking around.

#3 78 days ago

Ice giants?

Odin (resized).jpg
    #4 78 days ago

He was here and active till about 6:50 EST, then poof.

#5 78 days ago

First vid returns and soon after O-din freezes.

Coincidence? I think not.

#6 78 days ago

He went a bit over the top on threads he started, must have been a full handle of Jack day.

#7 78 days ago

Frozen- o-din in a time out again.
    Or the drunk tank....

#8 78 days ago

Lol... He is entertaining.

#9 78 days ago

Odin like to post purposely obnoxious, antagonistic parody threads, get them shut down or moderated, and then before he passes out he leaves in a huff.

We’ll see him in a few months. Can’t wait! In the meantime I look forward to occasional drunken emails. My inbox is always open to you buddy!

#10 78 days ago

I had to freeze O-din's account because he keeps creating nonsense/bogus/trolling topics, even after many requests from the mod team and me to stop doing so. He's had more chances than any other Pinsider but there's got to be a limit somewhere. I have explained this to him several times, but he keeps ignoring the requests. So the account will remain frozen until further notice.

#11 78 days ago
    Quoted from robin:

I had to freeze O-din's account because he keeps creating nonsense/bogus/trolling topics, even after many requests from the mod team and me to stop doing so.

You can only poke the bear so many times.

#12 78 days ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

First vid returns and soon after O-din freezes.
    Coincidence? I think not.

Wait, what? Vid is back? Hot gum got dam!

#13 78 days ago

So he was the "onion" of pinside?

#14 78 days ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Wait, what? Vid is back? Hot gum got dam!

Vid made one post, a request to stop forwarding him posts about the guy that thinks PayPal ripped him off....

#15 78 days ago
    Quoted from robin:

I had to freeze O-din's account because he keeps creating nonsense/bogus/trolling topics, even after many requests from the mod team and me to stop doing so. He's had more chances than any other Pinsider but there's got to be a limit somewhere. I have explained this to him several times, but he keeps ignoring the requests. So the account will remain frozen until further notice.

some people just like being internet aholes...

#16 78 days ago

Shocked. Not shocked. Poor guy, maybe he's lonely.

#17 78 days ago
    Quoted from robin:

Thank you Robin. Not sure what the appeal is with this guy but he does seem to have his followers. He is just a pain in the ass broken record who thinks he is funny, but he comes across as just a loser looking for attention.

#18 78 days ago
    Quoted from robin:

I gotta say... I would like to have an O-dins corner, much like LTG/ Ask Llyod.

I also would be all for a drunken IceMan section also.

IMHO, there is a certain foundation in the character of pinside in some of the people and they are for sure part of what gets clicks and makes the site entertaining for many. Would be nice to figure out a way to foster boundaries to allow certain things. I gotta admit, I always got a chuckle from O-dins often controversial sounding thread titles that were totally on topic and beningn once inside.

#19 78 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Would be nice to figure out a way to foster boundaries to allow certain things.

Alcoholics can't control themselves, boundaries don't work.

#20 78 days ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Why badmouth the guy when he can't respond? He sometimes went a bit overboard, but the greatest threads of pinside usually are just that.

#21 78 days ago

Absolutely uncalled for, labeling someone you do not know is pretty classless.

#22 78 days ago

Going cold turkey from Pinside is going to hurt.

#23 78 days ago

Thank you Robin. Not sure what the appeal is with this guy but he does seem to have his followers. He is just a pain in the ass broken record who thinks he is funny, but he comes across as just a loser looking for attention.

Wow, you hate the guy... I have no problem at all with provocative parody. If I cared to care, I would probably have more of a problem, with you. You come off a someone you would hate to have as a neighbor.

#24 78 days ago

I don’t agree with everything o-din says either, but this is out of line.

#25 78 days ago

And thread lock in 5...4...3...

#26 78 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don’t agree with everything o-din says either, but this is out of line.

Out of line like "It can't possibly be true!" or out of line like "wow that's really rude!"

Cause I mean...where there's smoke there's fire...

And it's not like Odin doesn't broadcast the fact that his diet consists mostly of alcohol and fillet o' fish sandwiches.

#27 78 days ago

#FreeOdin

#28 78 days ago

#WhoCares

#29 78 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And thread lock in 5...4...3...

2... 1... Boom!

Okay, sorry but since O-din is not here to "defend" himself it's not exactly fair to let everyone talk about him. Closing this... for now.

FYI, O-din did not get a permanent ban. I'm just thinking about a way to let him back on Pinside (if he even wants to) that works for everyone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 6,200.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.95
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 58.00
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 3.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 13.00
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside