6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

stinking-badges.jpg
    pinside_badge.jpg
    81243959.jpg
    cheerleaderscarwash.jpg
    IMG_1986.JPG
    IMG_1985.JPG
    IMG_1980.JPG
    IMG_1981.JPG
    IMG_1983.JPG
    IMG_1987.JPG

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Time to plan the next get together...in Allentown

5pm. PM me for details if you don't have them already.

A few local folks will becoming over to my house in New City this Saturday night to teach me how to play some real pinball. If anyone in the area is interested in meeting some folks and playing pinball send me a PM. New City is a few miles from The Tappan Zee bridge from the east and the top of the GSP from the west.

I'm just a skip from the Palisades Mall, which locals should know very well. All machines are up and running well: ACDC premium, avengers LE,TFLE, SM and CSI.

I'm much more agreeable in person...and I promise not to talk about guns, religion or politics!

Just kidding about the car wash....

#2 6 years ago

Just over an hour and a half from me.... Tempting offer. What time?

#3 6 years ago

I'm IN! Come on Whrild! (I'll bring cigars!)
    Playin' pinball, talkin' movies!

#4 6 years ago

We can start fairly early. I can BBQ. I have a thing to do in the afternoon that won't take long and then I'm here. We could start around 5pm or 6pm, probably.

#5 6 years ago

This is getting better all the time!

#6 6 years ago

If your going Ted I will try and be there. If your bringing cigars I might have to try one. Never smoked anything a day in my life.

BBQ is cool. You won't kick out a vegetarian now will ya?

Quoted from spfxted: Playin' pinball, talkin' movies!

Talkin' stooges! That thread got me back into watching some episodes again. It's been awhile since I've popped in a DVD of theirs.

#7 6 years ago

BBQ, cigars, stooges...alrighty then! Who else is IN??

#8 6 years ago

Wish I could come but bad timing for me as I'm heading to Pinburgh the next day & will be gone for a week! The wife would never allow me to come to this! lol I was lucky she let me go for the whole week for Pinburgh! I'll try to make your next one though...if there is a next one?

#9 6 years ago

Without a doubt! Vyzer is away too otherwise I'm sure he'd be there...

#10 6 years ago

I definitely would be there. Have a good time.

#11 6 years ago

Pinburgh isnt for a week!

I have an old Laser Disc player and a projector in my game room, so Ted, if you have any of your films on Laser, bring them and we can play them on the wall, big as life!

Vegetarian is fine...so long as I know how many are coming I can make lots of different foods. Can you grilled vegetables be cooked on a grill that's also cooking meat...or so we need an auxiliary meatless grill?

Man, ACDC is playing so hot that I can't stand it. I LOVE Avengers LE but it's not in heavy rotation since ACDC arrived...and my beloved TFLE just sits there...,looking beautiful, practically untouched.

#12 6 years ago

No extra aux grilles needed. I will know for sure Friday if I can
    Make it.

I was registered for pinburgh. Had to give up my spot as family events arose that weekend :/. Will be nice to get out and play with a bunch of others.

I think I have some nice bourbon around the house too I can contribute to go with the cigars. Unless everyone prefers beer. I can bring some of that too. Don't think I have any homebrew left tho!

#13 6 years ago

I agree AC/DC trumps them all. Not that there is anything wrong with the others. AC/DC is just that kick ass

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I will know for sure Friday if I can
    Make it.

Hope you can make it!

#17 6 years ago

I'm checking with the wife...I promised her a pin-free weekend!

#18 6 years ago

There's no such thing! Not anymore.my wife got "pin-free" weekends from 1992 until 2008...

Anyway, I know I PMed to bring your wife, but I just found out my wife may not be here! Probably a good thing. She has this nasty habit of slapping burning objects out of my mouth...

#19 6 years ago

Well, you'll be gone and she can be pin-free!

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

She has this nasty habit of slapping burning objects out of my mouth...

Might be fun to see...

#21 6 years ago

Bring your panavision!

#24 6 years ago

Come on!...Where are you NJ, NY, CT guys??

#25 6 years ago

I'm here...trying to free up my Saturday night so I can show off my feeble pinball skills!

John

#26 6 years ago

Sounds like its gonna be a blast.

Unfortunately, I work the two nights most people reserve for these occasions.

If you ever do anything on Sunday, or during the week, I'm in.

Have fun fellas!

#27 6 years ago

If I wasn't tied up, I would carpool with these guys!

#28 6 years ago

Damn... gotta work all weekend or I'd' be driving across the Tap and driving my Flintstones pimped out for the party. Sounds like a fun event and it would be great to meet other NY pinheads! Have fun and drink a brew for Westchester!~SpOoKy

#29 6 years ago

Wish I could make this one... hope it goes well so there will be another when the weather gets warmer. Cheers!

#30 6 years ago

Sadly I can't make it this time around. Have fun.

#31 6 years ago

yes, considering all the folks within an hour or so, more regrets than attendees...I guess one must plan these more in advance.

#32 6 years ago

Is there a train station nearby?

#34 6 years ago

there's a NJ Transit train stop in Nanuet (very close) and also in Suffern (about 10 miles away). There are metro north stops in Tarrytown, just over the TappanZee bridge.

Or, alternatively, maybe Ted or someone is near a station and could pick you up and drive you here.

#35 6 years ago

Are we on for 5pm?

#36 6 years ago

New City is that anywhere near New Jack City ? where they shot that movie

#37 6 years ago

Right next door...

#38 6 years ago

Get the Meat! Isn't that a Jagger line from New Jack City?

I think 5pm works...no one has expressed a preference for start time...so let's tentatively say 5pm and see how the feedback goes.

This is shaping up to be a decent little party. Certainly not an out of control "Woodstock" style pin festival like that held by Gerry...or the very impressive NoVA pin event hosted by Mr. Wizzo...or the highly sophisticated gatherings of Hwawonyu, but hey, some folks hanging out playing pins is always a good thing. Just wish I had some B/W to balance out the Sterns. Someday.

So Gerry, Dave, Dan, etc. I just have two words: Road Trip!

#39 6 years ago

And hey, unlike Reciprocal - and you know I love you Big Erhle - my machines are set on free play!

#40 6 years ago

You fu$k@d up...you trusted us!

#41 6 years ago

Have plans, otherwise I would be in. Have fun!

#42 6 years ago

Ok, so maybe the car wash part is made up. But if you're coming, see you tonight!

#43 6 years ago

If there was a cheerleader car wash, my existing plans would be ditched.

#44 6 years ago

Hey, I know some cheerleaders! Former cheerleaders anyway. They're all around 50 years old, but they can still wash a car!

#45 6 years ago

The games are free. I charge for having to open the glass to retrieve a stuck ball, which just happens to occur every game!

#46 6 years ago

Would love to make it gents, I am in Chicago unfortunately. Have a blast and hopefully will meet up next time.

#47 6 years ago

Anyone else coming? Putting the food on the grill!

#48 6 years ago

Thanks for the invite but I cant make it.Had a great time yesterday, see ya around dude.Scott

#49 6 years ago

FANTASTIC party! Great company! Fantastic host (and wife) Food, booze and PLENTY of PINBALL! Got to play Avengers LE, Spider-Man, Transformers LE, CSI (Great game!) AND, finally AC/DC LE...I have totally changed my opinion...FANTASTIC game! Sooo much fun we didn't even get to the cigars! Thanks to Nelson for being an outstanding host! PIX TOMORROW!
    (went from 5pm to 12:15!!)

#50 6 years ago

Lets see 3:48am and I'm in my room at the Tropicana, Atlantic City listening to a guy fight with his girlfriend next door. Earlier a trip to the soda machine yielded a guy passed out, stretched across the hall with what looked like a baloney sandwich flung on him. Oh, and there's more police sirens outside, joy. I'm so bleary-eyed trying to get back to sleep.

Yep, I would've rather made the pin party.

Glad you all had fun guys. Next time around.

Brian

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 149.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 22.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside