2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

buffalo bill (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 2 years ago

I loves me some good drama, and I do not consider myself a chauvinist. I'm all about TOTAL equal rights for women. Equal pay, fight in the military, head of household, you name it. I also support political correctness. Does it makes sense 100% of the time in practice necessarily? No, but def appropriate and necessary for the most part.

So I was expecting a good, Kaneda-esqe shit storm, with wildly inappropriate behavior getting called out and spanked down. I was disappointed, confused and saddened all at the same time.

I watched the Twitch stream and rewound some parts to listen carefully to what was being said in the background. I read the Tilt thread.

With all due respect to the women involved who felt disrespected - and their feelings and opinions are perfectly valid and important - I feel for the guys doing the stream. You can tell how shell shocked they were at the accusations and how things played out.

I wouldn't say they said or handled everything perfectly, but they took some pretty strong criticism for some pretty mild, and obviously not ill intentioned comments. They seem like nice guys and true pinball fans. I disagree with the tilt poster that said "they weren't even watching the match" or "they weren't doing play by play" (paraphrasing). They most certainly were, and their commentating was balanced, informative and quite entertaining IMO.

It goes to show how everyone can have an off day; that even folks who would never assume they are the least bit sexist might learn a little something about themselves (and others); and that issues like sexism and racism run deep and are very complex. And are very real and can be very painful. And impact EVERYONE, whether every person is aware of it or not.

I hope everyone involved in this comes out better and wiser on the other side. I'll posit a guess that they are all good hearted people, and they obviously share a love of pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 24.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 21.00
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Great American Pinball
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside