8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by guymontag451
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC07053.JPG
    images-2.jpeg
    KICS.jpeg

#1 8 years ago

Okay, so I just got back from the train station and from the Seattle pinball and gameroom expo.

Good news: It was AWESOME. So many machines that I had only heard about there and in the flesh. So many incredible people and pin enthusiasts alike. Pinball fever was palpable in the air and to be around thousands who attended the show, and share their passion for pinball was a truly incredible experience.

The bad news: So that camera I promised to not forget and in turn, document this wondrous gathering with? Umm, I brought it but forgot to charge it. So my first day was lost, the images are there, they just happen to be burned into my fleshy synapses and sadly, as of current technological limitations, they are currently only viewable by me.

Second day, camera was charged and ready to go, but the crowd had at least doubled, and getting playtime on your grail machines was becoming a real sport of judgment, cautious lingering, and then quickly pouncing to ensure your opportunities. What that means is no pictures
    Sorry, but I am sure you all can understand my excitement level. My eyes just glazed over, and I went to pinball tunnel vision. All I could see was what my next table was going to be, who was close to finishing their last ball, who I could ask to play doubles, what row hadn't I hit yet, what had I never seen before, and WHO WAS THAT that I just saw in the crowd? Gottliebs, and Ballys, and WEDGEHEADS, oh my! Suffice it to say, I was having too much and I lost sight of one of the most important things in this pinball life, you gotta look out for your pinside brothers and sisters and feed them the pictures of things that they were unfortunate enough to see themselves.

So guys (and girls), I am sorry. But I am sure that laughingotter has some great ones to upload for y'all. Please understand that I am young and that was only my second expo, everywhere I turned, I saw a machine that I had never seen before, and as we all know: pinball machines are fun to look at, but they're WAY more fun to play! Next time I will find that balance better.

note to laughingotter: I am sorry that I didn't introduce myself. The time I was going to, I saw what I thought was you in the tiedyed shirt as promised, but you were deep in tournament mode and had the look when you turned around that the WPT machine was behaving as a cruel mistress. And I am not one to interfere with anyone's focus so I told my GF, "maybe later" and then ended up exploring the city and never made it back. But next time I am in Seattle, I will be looking for your advice on the best places to play (Shorty's is RAD btw). Hit me up if you ever make down to Portland, and I will return the favor. Hope you did well in the tourney!

#2 8 years ago

Don't worry too much about it, you and thousands of others made an effort to even go to the show. You enjoyed yourself, and that's what matters. Heck, I'm young too and all I get to see and play are a very small number of games in my hometown either on location or in my dad's game shop. Consider yourself lucky!

#3 8 years ago

Any good deals to be had? Wish we had something like that here.

#4 8 years ago

Your lack of photos is simply inexcusable! I make a motion to boot guymontag451 from Pinside. All in favor?

#5 8 years ago

Naahhhhhhh - just block him from the forum for a month or two. That's punishment enough.

#6 8 years ago

Sorry, but I am sure you all can understand my excitement level.

I know what you mean guy!
    Kind of like this- right?..

KICS.jpeg

Ooh!!! I want that one and that one aaannd....

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I know what you mean guy!
    Kind of like this- right?..

Ooh!!! I want that one and that one aaannd....

true

#8 8 years ago

It's O.K. guy- "Premature Epinulation" happens to even the best of us!

#9 8 years ago

It is kind of hard to report on a show take photos or roll vid and at the same time play all the pins you want.
    Almost impossible when people get in the way one thing you can try is to let the organizers know that you will be covering the show on "PINSIDE"- a world known pinball site,
    might get you in the door an hour before the masses to do what you have to do.....

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Almost impossible when people get in the way one thing you can try is to let the organizers know that you will be covering the show on "PINSIDE"- a world known pinball site,
    might get you in the door an hour before the masses to do what you have to do.....

Good to know. After I experienced the crowds, I was amazed at all the photos that you were able to grab @ allentown. Maybe I'll try to make it down to PPE and try it all over again.

#11 8 years ago

one thing you can try is to let the organizers know that you will be covering the show on "PINSIDE"- a world known pinball site,

Hi!
    I'm from Pinside!

images-2.jpeg

Lemme in!

#12 8 years ago

Definitely make sure to tell people you are a Pinsider. It gets you all sorts of perks. Last convention they upgraded me to a suite and sent up a couple hookers on the house.

#13 8 years ago

>>>start again<<<

#14 8 years ago

I don't recall anything about the hookers. Hmm, better have a chat with those guys since they weren't there this year.

guymontag451: That was indeed myself you saw. Worst Piece of Trash, err, World Poker Spewer was perhaps the cruelest machine in that tournament. I could not get a break on it no matter what I tried. You should have introduced yourself anyways, it would have broken me out of that foul mood.

Actually, none of my scores even made Top 50 and I played all of them! I'd got as high as 12th Friday night, then I got in on Saturday and saw I had already gone down to 30th and decided not to play any further. If I got a quarter-point for all that I'll be very surprised. My friend Francesco La Rocca who had flown in from Brooklyn won the EM Classics division, though, so that was cool! He beat Cayle George, Keith Elwin AND Robert Gagno to accomplish that! WHOA!
    I suppose I should also mention that all three people who had flown in from New York were in the finals on Sunday. Hard-core pinball-playing bastards, those New Yorkers!

I did get some reasonable pictures. I'll be pooling the stuff I got with the stuff the rest of the Tribe got and we'll come up with some collective picturebook.

Meanwhile...

DSC07053.JPG

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from LaughingOtter:

He beat Cayle George, Keith Elwin AND Robert Gagno to accomplish that! WHOA!

That's impressive!

#16 8 years ago

Man LO-
    They sure know how to NOT sign things properly...
    It is not a "High School" yearbook guys!
    Be professional and sign Flynn's disc following the arc!
    Amateurs.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from LaughingOtter:

You should have introduced yourself anyways, it would have broken me out of that foul mood.

Sorry, it just seemed like a bad time. It was also my first time in Seattle, so I had a lot of exploring to do. So over two days, I think I only spent about four hours at the expo. Which my girlfriend is still trying to convince me is a lot of pinball. I would've liked more, but I did promise her a real weekend getaway in Seattle. But I loved your city and I am sure that I will make it back soon.

Quoted from NimblePin:They sure know how to NOT sign things properly...
    It is not a "High School" yearbook guys!
    Be professional and sign Flynn's disc following the arc!
    Amateurs.

That's funny, I said the same thing when I saw that at expo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 248.85
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 69.00
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 6.95
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside