2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gypsycat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi a few months back i replaced a 6116 with a NVRAM chip in my Banzai run but it won't let me change settings from AD 52 backwards sometimes AD 61 onwards and test mode it will let do what i want. Also the machine will set everything to hard sometimes replay changed kickback is set to hard when everything goes hard it will let change the settings as i wish from AD 52 backwards could that nvram chip be faulty

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from gypsycat:

Hi a few months back i replaced a 6116 with a NVRAM chip in my Banzai run but it won't let me change settings from AD 52 backwards sometimes AD 61 onwards and test mode it will let do what i want. Also the machine will set everything to hard sometimes replay changed kickback is set to hard when everything goes hard it will let change the settings as i wish from AD 52 backwards could that nvram chip be faulty

Not sure how thorough the test is, but the MPU checks the RAM chip at boot up. Not a system 11 NVRAM problem I have heard of before, but I guess its possible it has a problem. Try restore factory settings. Check the memory protect switch.

Do you happen to have a 2nd NVRAM module or another game to test the suspect module in?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Try restore factory settings

+1

#4 2 years ago

Tried the memory switch came up memprot failure and then went into attract mode i tried that memory switch on Big Guns and police force and that message did not come up tried factory reset it wiped the credits and high scores but left the old settings and still could not adjust them i do have another nvram chip but my other system 11 do not have that u25 socketed so i can't test that chip in another game

#5 2 years ago

Solved the not accessing the adjustment menus turned out to be a bloody sticky coin door switch the game thought the coin was closed

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nvram-won-t-let-me-change-settings-sometimes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.