Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by bontango
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

schematics_v2 (resized).png
    schematics_v1 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    6116 layout (resized).JPG
    6116-ADAPTER (resized).JPG
    FM1608_Rev_July_2000.pdf (PDF preview)
    DSCN1905.jpg
    DSCN1909.jpg
    DSCN1908.jpg
    DSCN1906.jpg
    DSCN1907.jpg
    Kontakt_LR.jpg
    5101_nvram_soic_450.jpg
    5101nvram.jpg
    5101_RAM_Adapter_Example_8.jpg
    5101_RAM_Adapter_Example_7.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scucci_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 5 years ago

I realize this is a thread necro, but I didn't see any reason to junk up the forums with another post related to the same subject.

I have a few FM16W08 laying around from a bulk "don't know what this stuff is" buy a few years ago and a few breakout boards. I'm wanting to use them as NVRAM in some MCR arcade boards (Tron, Satan's Hollow, Spyhunter, Tapper, Timber, etc). At first I was thinking it would be a 1-1 and grounding the other 2 address lines... wrong (or my FM16W08's are boo-boo'd).

Do you, or anyone else, have a quick schematic for these?

Quoted from german-pinball:

1.)
    It is imho NO challange to solder the 6116-Adapter, if you have a good layout.
    Here is how I did it in 2011. Board is single layer-design.
    First foto is 6264-Adapter, second is 6116-Adapter.

Both pretty simple to solder - I did a (bad) video of soldering, if you wanna see, look here:
    » YouTube video
    2.)
    To 5101-Adapter: There are no additional PCB-costs, when you design a board with combining the 2 CEs. Only more parts are the IC and 2 resistors, extra costs of about 0,2 USD, but you have the advantage, that you have extra support for WMS 3-4, GTB Sys80 - imho no question, do add the logic to every 5101-Adapter.
    3.)
    You might have seen, that I always - Lindsey does the same - add a PWR LED to my boards, I like it and all who use my adapters too.
    4.)
    You use universal PCBs, why? If you design your own PCBs, you are more open, to integrate your own ideas and the price of each spare pcb is not more than 1,00 USD.

#63 5 years ago

Awww, I was so close too. Didn't think about the pull-up. Still should've at least tested right, so I guess there's something wonky with atleast one of my NVRAMs. I'll have to redo the thing with the pull-up and a different FM16W08.

Thank you!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scucci_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nvram-technical-discussion?tu=Scucci_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.