Untitled (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
9F6095BC-2380-4BAB-A602-400CA3165D48 (resized).jpeg
Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
Knipex (resized).jpg
IMG_6122 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#641 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Like he said....cut the pins of old ic (Dremel cuts like butter),desolder pins, wick or desolder gun to clear solder....I've done all of mine...no issues.....Damn, year old resurrection posts lol

I prefer to use lead trimming pliers. If you slip with the dremel you can damage the board and traces.

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

If you slip with anything you risk damage to board/trace, but unless you're ten beers deep, it hard to slip with a Dremel cutting legs. I've used my precise snips as well, but found sometimes they cause more harm than good.

True. I all boils down to what you're comfortable with and what works good for you. I just prefer the lead cutters since that does work better for me. I had used the dremel in the past on a surface mount board and did slip. Luckily it was on a non pinball prototype board and I was able to fix it. That is when I knew that method wasn't for me...

4 months later
#685 4 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Bought from the same vendor and got mine today wrapped in cellophane. All 10 passed in my NeoLoch

I can use these in other projects too so I bought 50. They came in cellophane wrap too. Unfortunately about a dozen failed testing. On the bright side they were cheap enough that it was still worth it for the rest.

1 year later
#698 2 years ago
Quoted from Roamin:

There are a few ways you can go about to help you find more info. The very first would be to use an emulator , get the sram file from there after it saved the settings. Make a single change in the settings, save and compare both files. You should see the change you made + whatever checksum was changed. Or keep the settings the same , beat the first high score , save and compare. Or maybe you could use the emulators debug fonctions to access the memory directly and change the current player's score to the value of your high score , end the game and it will ask you to enter your initials.. Then it will save the sram properly with checksum and all.. Or you could look at the emulator's source code files if open source (pretty sure most MAME related code is open source usually, I'm guessing Pinmame would be the same), and look at how the file is handled in the source code.
I think the simplest way is to highjack the score in the emulator via memory editing and draining the last ball.

He could probably take the dump of the NVRAM from his real machine and load that into PinMAME. Be interesting to hear if that works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 22.50
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nvram-experience?tu=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.