Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Patofnaud
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I put NVRAM into Monopoly about 18 months ago. Last night my son's 67 million #1 score got corrupted into 269,000. Anyone else experience corruption or loss of settings?

#3 8 years ago

It is anypin NVRAM. Any one know exactly what type of memory this is and what its characteristics are?

Wonder how much writing is going on to this memory and what effect that has...this pin is lightly used though.

#5 8 years ago

The chip says Ramtron, looking at the spec sheet this thing is very robust....who knows, could be a software bug!

#9 8 years ago

It is used at least weekly. The behaviour with the corrupt score also shows how the code handles it. Each higher score now comes ahead of it in the top score list but the artificially low score doesn't get kicked out, just pushed down along with the scores originally behind it. As a programmer I find that interesting!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nvram-corruption?tu=dr_nybble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.