ej89vsgmomv71 (resized).jpg
squirrel_nuts_c8a7d7767e9ec63373165da30d2b5fe6c728832e (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.09.06?PM (resized).png
IMG_9951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9950 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg
91UVNq58i+L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 64 days ago

I really like the Filberts.

DSCN9056 (resized).JPGDSCN9056 (resized).JPG

#3 64 days ago

Cashews are food.
Salted Pecans are a delicacy.
Brazil nuts you bite a chunk off and keep it in your cheek
Peanuts are not real nuts/ instead beans.
Buttered salted Walnuts roasted could be the ultimate.

#4 64 days ago

I'm mostly into walnuts and pecans. But mostly walnuts, I love those walnuts.

#5 64 days ago
Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#6 64 days ago

Blue diamond salt & vinegar almonds.

#7 64 days ago

Throw in some raisins and you got the next pinball machine theme

#8 64 days ago

I like mixed nuts...peanuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, walnuts...

Occasionally beer nuts too.

The downside is the salted nuts taste way too salty to me, and the unsalted nuts are too bland. I haven't found a happy medium.

#9 64 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Throw in some raisins and you got the next pinball machine theme

California Raisins, and you have a license.

hqdefault-3221803592.jpghqdefault-3221803592.jpg
#10 64 days ago

Macadamia nuts grow on trees and are good with or without almost anything.

nu (resized).jpegnu (resized).jpeg

#11 64 days ago

I have a walnut tree in my backyard......... : )

IMG_4189 (resized).JPGIMG_4189 (resized).JPG

IMG_4190 (resized).JPGIMG_4190 (resized).JPG

#12 64 days ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

I have a walnut tree in my backyard......... : )
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Dad used to sit by the fire and crack walnuts at Christmas time. Besides what we ate, he turned it into some pretty darn good candy.

That looked similar to this.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 8.02.06?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-16 at 8.02.06?PM (resized).png
#13 64 days ago

When I was a kid, I hated when there were walnuts in anything (cookies, brownies, etc)… now I am disappointed if I eat those things and there aren’t walnuts in them.

#14 64 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Buttered salted Walnuts roasted could be the ultimate.

Well yeah. My buttered, salted popcorn is going to be better than my unsalted pretzels too.

#15 64 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The downside is the salted nuts taste way too salty to me, and the unsalted nuts are too bland. I haven't found a happy medium.

PLANTERS-Deluxe-Lightly-Salted-Mixed-Nuts-Party-Snacks-Plant-Based-Protein-15-25oz-1-Canister_f811f4a8-255f-4ed0-aa5a-5b42586697PLANTERS-Deluxe-Lightly-Salted-Mixed-Nuts-Party-Snacks-Plant-Based-Protein-15-25oz-1-Canister_f811f4a8-255f-4ed0-aa5a-5b42586697

#16 64 days ago

All mixed nuts are not created equal. I stay clear of the ones with peanuts because I have a separate bag of those in the shells which is how I like to eat them.

Costco's are good quality and sometimes include macadamias, and the above Planters are good because they have pistachios, but I've been going with the store brands like Stater Bros that include the filberts lately.

#17 64 days ago

I like to make my own mixes. I typicality buy extra dry raosted peanuts, and add cashews and peanut butter M&M's to the mix.

If I'm feeling crazy, I break up pieces of these and throw em in there:
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 11.54.18?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-17 at 11.54.18?AM (resized).png

#18 64 days ago

Pretty sure I buy the exact same thing at Target with a different label stuck on it. Is Filbert the proper noun for a hazelnut?

nutz (resized).pngnutz (resized).png
#19 64 days ago

I like deez nuts

#20 64 days ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Pretty sure I buy the exact same thing at Target with a different label stuck on it. Is Filbert the proper noun for a hazelnut?
[quoted image]

Either one is correct, but the tree is called Filbert I believe.

#21 64 days ago

My best friends parents owned a walnut ranch in Patterson ,Ca.We would go help harvest and bring home walnuts to share with neighbors.We also went there to drink and fish in the off season when no one was around to bother us.I still remember that white liquor.

#22 64 days ago

These are dangerous. So damn good, it’s hard to stop eating the whole container in one shot

IMG_7175 (resized).jpegIMG_7175 (resized).jpeg
#23 64 days ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#24 64 days ago

A family member picked these up for me in SLO. Paso Almonds crush it.

https://www.pasoalmonds.com/

IMG_9949 (resized).jpegIMG_9949 (resized).jpeg

#25 64 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Peanuts are not real nuts/ instead beans.

Yes, they are actually legumes because they are in pods and don't grow on trees.

Stator Bros sells these bags much cheaper than at the ballparks. They are really good, but I like The Angels ones better.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpegUnknown2 (resized).jpegUnknown2 (resized).jpeg
#26 64 days ago

Tradition.

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 8.31.43?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-17 at 8.31.43?AM (resized).png
#27 64 days ago

I've been on a big 'no ultraprocessed foods' kick for the last year or so and I snack on nuts constantly.

From our local Amish market, usually lasts about 3 weeks. Used to include almonds instead of 2 lbs cashew but always seems to end up with lots of them at the end.

2lbs deluxe (walnuts,cashews,almonds, Brazil, filberts, pecans and macadamia) 2lbs cashew butts, and 2lbs dry roasted peanut for $34.70

PXL_20240517_164812566 (resized).jpgPXL_20240517_164812566 (resized).jpg
#28 64 days ago

I always have several options in the pantry at any given moment. Mixed nuts in general, like what bosco just posted never last long here at all. I find they are also a great snack with bourbon

IMG_7176 (resized).jpegIMG_7176 (resized).jpeg
#29 64 days ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#30 64 days ago

I make a fall mix with , Spanish peanuts, toffee peanuts, boston backed beans, french burnt peanuts and candy corn. Its sweet and salty delicious.

#31 64 days ago
Quoted from JayDee:

These are dangerous. So damn good, it’s hard to stop eating the whole container in one shot
[quoted image]

Good thing I can’t stand coconut or I would be tempted to eat the entire thing.

#32 64 days ago

needs more gum.

#33 64 days ago

my current go-to is those large packs of salted mixed nuts from Costco, then get a bag of unsalted walnuts as well, and mix the two. Just salty enough, and walnuts are my current fave.
Though if I was richer I'd get macadamia nuts weekly. Those things taste more buttery than butter.

#34 64 days ago

also, anyone into chestnuts? They look like small brains but oh are they surprisingly satisfying.

#35 64 days ago
Quoted from cait001:

Though if I was richer I'd get macadamia nuts weekly. Those things taste more buttery than butter.

My neighbor across the creek has a macadamia tree, but I think the squirrels get most of those. I can always see them dancing around up there. Takes a little of the heat off my avocado trees, but not much.

#36 64 days ago

I’m a fan of these from Aldi’s. No peanuts. No filberts (they’re the worst!). BUT it has pistachios and macadamias…not a bad nut in the jar.

Now if only the almond:other nuts ratio was a little lower it’d be perfect.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#37 64 days ago

…oh, and don’t forget ALDIs prices. I think I paid about 14 cents for that 30oz jar of nuts.

#38 64 days ago

Trader Joes has a good selection of nuts, especially if there are certain ones you tend to like more than others.

91UVNq58i+L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg91UVNq58i+L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#39 64 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Trader Joes has a good selection of nuts, especially if there are certain ones you tend to like more than others.[quoted image]

Hazelnuts are great; it's the filberts that are horrible.

#40 64 days ago

I wonder...
...do you think nut allergies are more prominent in Pinsiders than the general population?

I'm saying "yes". I bet there's some correlation to what makes people allergic to nuts and what drives people to pinball.

#41 64 days ago
Quoted from curban:

I wonder...
...do you think nut allergies are more prominent in Pinsiders than the general population?
I'm saying "yes". I bet there's some correlation to what makes people allergic to nuts and what drives people to pinball.

I'm not allergic to anything, but really haven't been to any shows to get a whiff of a large gathering of Pinsiders yet.

#42 64 days ago

Filberts take up valuable space in an otherwise good nut mix.

#43 64 days ago

You got Basenji nuts? How about Brian nuts?

#44 64 days ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Filberts take up valuable space in an otherwise good nut mix.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#45 64 days ago

Blue Diamond Wasabi Almonds, beef jerky, and Red Bull….Road Warrior Fuel.
Started the solo car trip around 4am to grab a stern CSI. Went from Bay Area then to LA and got back to the Bay around 330pm.
Game secured and is Beautiful.
IMG_9951 (resized).jpegIMG_9951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9950 (resized).jpegIMG_9950 (resized).jpeg

#46 64 days ago

Brazil nuts (aka ni##er toes, my grandparents were ignorant tenement farmers from the 1890's), I need the selenium.

#47 64 days ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Blue Diamond Wasabi Almonds

They are good except there is no wasabi in them. They use common horseradish and green coloring to fake it like a lot of products do.

I did have some of the real stuff at Tokyo Lobby the other night though.

#48 64 days ago

I can't have peanut brittle since I've been diagnosed with the diabeets but hot damn I wish I could find a sugar free alternative

#49 64 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I can't have peanut brittle since I've been diagnosed with the diabeets but hot damn I wish I could find a sugar free alternative

Wish granted!

https://www.amazon.com/Peanut-Brittle-Sugar-Free-CandyKorner/dp/B0BLTKSZMD/ref=asc_df_B0BLTKSZMD/

#50 64 days ago

Sorry, wrong nuts.

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.09.06?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-17 at 3.09.06?PM (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.