7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by egyptrus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

When I read a thread, if there are say 5 new responses, it'll show a green circle with the 5 in it to let me know that there are new posts to read. If I click on it and read the thread when I click the back button in my browswer it doesn't update the page to show that I've read the responses. In other words, the green circle will still show a 5 in it even though I've read the new entries for that thread.

Prior to the most recent update, I was using an older version of firefox as this has been a problem for me for quite a while. With the most recent update, the problem started again with my older version. I updated to the most recent version of firefox and am still seeing the issue.

I don't think it's a setting on pinside or in firefox that I can change that will cause the screen to update but if it is, I'd need to know what it is.

Thanks for your excellent work.

--------------------------------
    Your browser/os information:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0 (this will help us make sense of your bug report)

#2 7 years ago

I've been noticing this today too in chrome. I couldn't seem to figure what (if any) actions were triggering it, though.

#3 7 years ago

As I said above, I've noticed this before but using an older version of firefox seemed to solve the issue but with the latest update neither the older version nor the newer version of firefox correctly updates the page upon going back to it. Hopefully, this is something that can be fixed as it's an annoyance to not have it updated.

Thanks for corroborating my finding.

#4 7 years ago

Oddly enough it now seems to be working correctly...I have no idea what's going on.

#5 7 years ago

Ok, updated information...it works correctly on the individual topic pages, such as topics you started or topics you've viewed but doesn't seem to work on the forum front page...maybe that's a hint that could help solve the issue.

#6 7 years ago

I'm getting the same thing with IE11.

#7 7 years ago

I noticed that when you back out of a topic, the green circle is grey. If you go into another topic & back out, the circle in the previous topic is now green.

2 weeks later
    #8 7 years ago

These issues have to do with browser caching which seems to be a bit inconsistent, that's why it's working in some browsers / situations and not in others. We're still looking into a way to fix this for all browsers. Thanks for reporting.

#9 7 years ago

Thanks for the update Martijn. It's funny as I have the same issue, only on the front page, whether I'm using Firefox or Internet Explorer. If I'm reading posts on any of the sub-pages (topics I've read, topics I started, etc.) then it works correctly.

Dave

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/number-of-new-responses-in-thread-doesnt-update-after-reading and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.