Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Looking at Pinside and IPDB, they both say 14 were made. Yet 56 pinsiders have this game in their collection. What's the story?

#2 10 years ago

Reproductions were made by Gene Cunningham after he bought out the rights to Capcom's pinballs. You can search around for more details

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Reproductions were made by Gene Cunningham after he bought out the rights to Capcom's pinballs. You can search around for more details

Thanks!

#4 10 years ago

14 capcom

191 aftermarket builds as stated above

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

14 capcom
191 aftermarket builds as stated above

But then there's this: http://alsarcade.com/Expo07/DSC_0132-1024.jpg

That's EXPP14 as a serial number. That's the highest number I saw of the ones build from "Extra Parts". Does the 191 include the EXPP machines?

Also, the original 14 are called prototypes and Gene called his "Production Builds".

Capcom only built 12 prototypes. The other two were built after the company folded. One of the original 14 was destroyed in a house fire so there are 13 left. Gene had his prototype up for sale for $50,000.00.

The history of the building of the games is available on a video we did a long time ago but still available from Marco: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PAV3

#6 10 years ago

As far as I know 191 is including the exp games, like I've written here:
http://www.flippers.be/pinball/capcom/bigbangbar/bigbangbar.html

If that should be correct then let me know

#7 10 years ago

And if anyone is interested, I still have my "Pictures" site up as well. It has pictures during the development and also the ones we took at delivery. http://www.bbbpictures.com

-Al-
Former #95 owner

#8 10 years ago

I didn't realize the original Capcom run was so low. I wonder if any pinsiders have one of the original 14 (now 13)?

#9 10 years ago

14 total prototypes created. Only 13 left today as one perished in a housefire. A "Kingpin" prototype also perished Here is my page...

www.habosarcade.com/BigBangBar.htm

#10 10 years ago

I know of a real one that the owner might sell soon.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

14 total prototypes created.

No one is positive of how many were made. I've heard three different totals from the designer alone.

I would suspect it's closer to 10.

LTG : )

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I wonder if any pinsiders have one of the original

Yes.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No one is positive of how many were made. I've heard three different totals from the designer alone.
I would suspect it's closer to 10.

Rob Morrison told the Chicago Expo crowd that they produced 12. I heard that two more were made after the fact. I don't know if either of them was the Williams proto completed with Capcom boards or not. I've always suspected that.

#14 10 years ago

Two Capcom ones went to Williams.

One was disassembled. Parts were used in the Williams BBB.

As far as the Williams BBB went, it was later made back into a Capcom BBB. It was at Expo in 2005 and don't know if they got it all working.

Only thing remaining of the Williams BBB is a bare playfield, with very limited art work on it.

Rob Morrison has also said there were 13, and 14.

So with the shenanigans going on at Capcom, we may never know an exact number.

#15 10 years ago

And eventually ill sell one of the 8 kingpin north of $50k

#16 10 years ago

So much interesting info on this pin. No wonder it's such a sought after pin! Is it fun?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

So much interesting info on this pin. No wonder it's such a sought after pin! Is it fun?

Umm... Not so much...

#18 10 years ago

wow, congrats

Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

I know Mauro (malboroman) have been looking for this one for a while.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

It's not bad. The thing is, it's gorgeous (artwork: Stan Fukuoka). It's got lots of sexual innuendo and the gameplay is not terrible. Capcom flippers are really nice and the mechs used in the game are as good as Williams. The soundtrack is incredible as well (Jeff Powell). I liked it a lot, I just couldn't justify it's value.'

#20 10 years ago

Yes, its beautiful. I absolutely love the frogs that hold the balls in their mouth for multiball. Incredible design element. The game is very fast, very hard and not forgiving. The flippers are very nice and very good as awarner stated. I have to thank Chad for giving me the opportunity to play his. I watched Troy North play a killer game, so I know It can be DOne!

#21 10 years ago

I see lots of IL Pinsiders have them, Maybe someday...

#22 10 years ago

BBB is nice and fun, but I think it's more for a big collection and not for a players collection.
I sold my BBB after 5 years...

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

BBB is nice and fun, but I think it's more for a big collection and not for a players collection.

Yea, I probably should have been more clear. Maybe someday...I'll be able to play one.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Maybe someday...I'll be able to play one.

Come on over.

You are only about five hours away.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Like any other game, setup is key... BBB is very fun when set up hard. Make the game steep so backhanding the ramp isn't automatic.. the rollbacks off that steep ramp are brutal. Keep it waxed and fast. Best part about the software is that nothing locks anything else out.. you can start any feature at any time, even ending a mode and starting a new mode during multiball, so there's always things to shoot for. Looped in Space is a unique 2-ball, having the player knock down both banks of droptargets for a very large jackpot. Only thing you can't do is stack the two multiballs.

Gameplay rates a B, maybe a B- .. but the artwork, music, callouts and playfield toys are all A+

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Come on over.
You are only about five hours away.

Sweet! Another plus to the June road trip up by you. Man am I looking forward to this trip!

#27 10 years ago

I know someone who has BBB #12!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 209.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/number-of-bbb-produced and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.