(Topic ID: 282659)

Nugent won’t start

By Tinman761

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.44 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

Ummm, add a credit? It’s going to be hard to tell what’s up unless you get the displays working or, post a video?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tinman761:

Ok got player one and credit displays to work. Shows no credits. Can I add credits bypassing the door?

If you have numbers on those two displays and targets are resetting, there’s a 99% chance that it has booted and that it always was booting. If the coin door wiring is messed up and you can’t add a credit, you could post a picture of it.

The Blu-White + Red-Yellow wires on the coin door should get you a credit...

Based on your description above, I want to mention that "getting the game booting" and "getting the game started and serving a ball" are two completely different things.

Here's pic of relevant switches and plug on the MPU in the head from the schematics on ipdb.org:
    Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.17 AM (resized).pngJ3 on MPU board in head (I5)-->Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.44 AM (resized).png

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tinman761:

Thankyou for the info. I was able to register credits. The previous owner taped the chute 1 wiring together. How can I redo this so that I don’t have to touch wire together to get credits. The door mechanism is a mess.

You can connect those two wires to the coin drop switch. It’s at the very end/bottom of the coin door.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nugent-wont-start?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.