(Topic ID: 282659)

Nugent won’t start

By Tinman761

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.44 AM (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

Hello all, some may have seen some earlier posts about my question, but what would be the easiest way to jump out the door to get the game to boot? Boards were rebuilt, when I turn on the game, the led flashes it correct number of flashes, but won’t boot up. Targets reset themselves, but that’s it

#2 3 years ago

If it's flashing 7 times then it's booting. Do you show credits?

#3 3 years ago

No unfortunately display is burned out. Is there anything else I can do without the display?

#4 3 years ago

Do you have a ball in the game? If you do maybe the trough switch isn’t registering the ball, and the switch needs adjusting.

Check credit settings and adjust the number of credits per coin to 14. Insert a coin and you should hear it trip the wire that adds the credits. Then try to start a game.

#5 3 years ago

Ball is in the game. Coin door wiring is a mess. Probably part of the problem. Trying to figure out what the last guy did.

#6 3 years ago

Are all five displays bad? If not, swap around till you can get player one working. Then do the tests as mentioned above.

#7 3 years ago

Ummm, add a credit? It’s going to be hard to tell what’s up unless you get the displays working or, post a video?

#8 3 years ago

disconnect the coin door
    disconnect J3 from the mpu board let it do the 7 flash thing
    use a jumper and ground pin 1 from J3 momentarily to simulate what the coin door test button does. Game should go into lamp test. Do it again and it will be in display test, then solenoid test, then switch test, then audits.

You'll know it booted correctly if it goes into the lamp test first with the grounding.

#9 3 years ago

Ok got player one and credit displays to work. Shows no credits. Can I add credits bypassing the door?

#10 3 years ago

See Slochar's post

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tinman761:

Ok got player one and credit displays to work. Shows no credits. Can I add credits bypassing the door?

If you have numbers on those two displays and targets are resetting, there’s a 99% chance that it has booted and that it always was booting. If the coin door wiring is messed up and you can’t add a credit, you could post a picture of it.

The Blu-White + Red-Yellow wires on the coin door should get you a credit...

Based on your description above, I want to mention that "getting the game booting" and "getting the game started and serving a ball" are two completely different things.

Here's pic of relevant switches and plug on the MPU in the head from the schematics on ipdb.org:
    Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.17 AM (resized).pngJ3 on MPU board in head (I5)-->Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.24.44 AM (resized).png

#12 3 years ago

Thankyou for the info. I was able to register credits. The previous owner taped the chute 1 wiring together. How can I redo this so that I don’t have to touch wire together to get credits. The door mechanism is a mess.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tinman761:

Thankyou for the info. I was able to register credits. The previous owner taped the chute 1 wiring together. How can I redo this so that I don’t have to touch wire together to get credits. The door mechanism is a mess.

You can connect those two wires to the coin drop switch. It’s at the very end/bottom of the coin door.

#14 3 years ago

Connect those two wires to a door-bell button. Mount the door-bell inside the cabinet. Don't drill holes through the cabinet.

See this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-credits-on-non-free-play-games

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nugent-wont-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.