(Topic ID: 280179)

Nudging technique to stop a bobber quickly (really!)

By gr3yh47

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

Interesting! Definitely works. Thanks for posting the videos.

On the downside, if this becomes prevalent in tourneys I may have to stop attending them, just for my own sanity.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

I'll definitely be using this at future tourneys where they haven't installed ear plugs on the tilt bob.

It begins.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

But it would mean 1-2 minutes less waiting per tilt. That’s good for everyone.

I can't speak for everyone, but hearing BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG after every move or before every ball would drive me insane. Any decent sized tourney with savvy payers will sound like a construction site. The requisite 1-2 minute wait is already a blight on tourney flow, but at least it's silent.

If "pecking" becomes prevalent I would expect the IFPA to ban it pretty quickly, due to machine owners not wanting their games beat on, and the distraction to adjacent players.

Quoted from Snailman:

And ear plug mod still solves the issue in the best possible way.

Agreed. No wait, no noise.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

It's going to do zero damage to the game though.

Irrelevant. What matters is if game owners don't want it done to their machines. Perception is reality. It looks & sounds like machine abuse.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

Then they shouldn't take it to tournaments.

Agreed. Let's see where that leaves the money and WPPR-hunting crowd, very few of whom actually supply games themselves.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

You honestly think that the light hitting on the metal rail (as shown in the video) does damage to pins? As the Black Knight would say, "No way!!"

Doesn’t matter what I think. It matters what the guy whose game is getting pounded thinks. If players do it like the video in post #6, many game owners will not like it. That’s not “light hitting,” it’s a pretty strong pounding/banging.

If everyone does it like the video in post #1, I guess it’s just annoying. No matter how you slice it, would prevent me from competing in a tourney if people were doing that crap on either side of me. Distracting & dorky in a hobby that already exceeds its dork quota.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nudging-technique-to-stop-a-bobber-quickly-really?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.