nameofthegame.jpg
gary-stern-of-stern-pinball.jpg
358050-i.jpg
slika.jpg
image-750.jpg
punch.jpg
nudge.jpg
thats what she said.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago

My teenage daughters male friends are very competitive. They don't like me beating them at pinball. They constantly tell me that I am a "cheater" because I nudge the pin.

I've explained the tilt mech etc. a hundred times. Doesn't matter. NUDGING IS CHEATING and that's why I win!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I do not nudge and ask people to nudge their own machines. My house, my rules.

You're doing it wrong.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Same for me, and I know I'm in the minority on this and the nudgers will think I'm uncool. BUT . . . I think after watching some people look like neurotic ________, and shaking the living hell out of machines, I never developed a desire to play like that. I'll stick with the random bounce of the ball. I HAVE 'bumped' a pin a few times when a ball was trying to make up it's mind of which direction it wanted to roll on the outlanes.
And on a more selfish note, I just want to preserve my machines the best I can, no shaking, no scratching the floor with shifting legs, and no loose legs, etc., which seems slightly abusive to me.
It may all be in my head, but I like being kind to my pins.

It's one thing to not want people to beat the crap out of your pin, but it's quite another to say no nudging at all.

If you don't want people nudging your pins hard, simply set up the tilt tight and make sure your slam tilt is sensitive.

1 week later
#232 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

imo... the "best way" to learn nudging skills is to acquire a 2" flipper 60's em, and play the living crap out of it... as myself (and others) have noted multiple times on this thread, good nudging skills are a MUST on those machines... you will learn "what works and what doesn't" simply by playing it a LOT...
but that's coming from someone who cut his teeth on them...

Slick Chick is my first pin with 2" flippers and I'm loving it. I can't imagine playing Slick Chick without nudging!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nudging-is-wrong?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.