Topic Stats

• 302 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccotenj
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN3438.JPG
TILTPOLICE.jpg
nudge.jpg
image.jpg
th.png
nameofthegame.jpg
gary-stern-of-stern-pinball.jpg
358050-i.jpg
slika.jpg
image-750.jpg
punch.jpg
nudge.jpg
thats what she said.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I have a good friend (a non-pinhead) who insists that, "Nudging is wrong, and I choose not to do it."
I've told him it's integral to the game, and actually encouraged by many game designs (such as Centaur where you can nudge the ball back into play from the outlane)
Do you have any friends with strange concepts regarding nudging, and how do you talk sense into them?
Where do people get these ideas?
thanks,
-mof

There is a guy in downtown Cincinnati that runs a pinball parlor. He has about 15 games in there. A lot of good titles from early 80s to late 90s. He has a rule, "If you tilt once, you get a warning. If you tilt twice, you are asked to leave." I stopped going once I found this out by getting my first warning.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I can't imagine not bumping nudging a machine. Teach someone new to pins to do it right, then you don't have to worry about them doing it like apes. Pushing opposite the direction you want that ball to go is usually the first thing I show someone after they lose a ball down the outlane.

took me forever to learn this naturally. first instincts are to nudge in the direction you want the ball to go. Hard for me to get over that.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Gate-keeper:

I always encourage a nudge. How bout a slide tilt?

I will slide the game from side to side if there is room, and the tilt is loose enough. The TWD at my local watering hole is a perfect example. being able to slide that bad boy is essential to surviving and not have to pay a small fortune to play for a few hours. doesn't hurt the game at all IMO. No reason for the game to ever leave the ground or for rage pounding/shaking it. that is the stuff I personally cannot stand.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Just for the record, and i've said this at least 30 times on this site. The plastic ones are not protectors. not only will they not protect anything, but cause more damage farther into the cabinet than just the legs will.
For those that miss it.
Plastic cabinet ruiners, are not protectors. The metal ones are awesome and should be used on every game you have.

What about the felt ones? I would think just from a material standpoint that felt would be the best option. I haven't used any protectors on my games yet.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Curious about the physics of that....

I pull back on the game to help with live catches too. Helps me out cause I stink at those.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I considered allowing death saves in a time-limited format. They would certainly add some excitement. The problem is that due to their stigma as 'cheating', many players don't bother to learn how to do them, and doing them well (like how Bowen does them) takes a lot of practice. It could end up being an overwhelming advantage for some players.

I don't think they should be allowed at all. If the ball is in the outlane, past any sort of ball save feature, your ball is dead. I can assure you that although nudging is a very important part of pinball, death saves and bangbacks are not. Sure if you want to have a trick shot tournament for novelty, but these actions have no place in a true tournament IMO.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Keep the ball in. sometime the ball goes down the middle and pops out.

yeah but you did nothing to cause that. I am sure every once in a while a crazy air ball has hit the out lane and bounced back in as well. But if the ball rolls down the outlane and you force it back into play, that it totally different. I think most everyone here knows the difference between random luck and a force generated by the player to bring a dead ball back into play. Again, just my opinion.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from pinBilly:

Sometimes, a teeny-tiny nudge is all that's needed for a deathsave. The opportunity shows itself when the ball shoots down the outlane with a high velocity. A little left-right wiggle like you're doing a slap save and bam! Up comes the ball.

sorry, it has gone down the outlane. Ball over.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Tell that to the ball I walked up the outlane of a game at the SCS champs this year..

Not sure I know what you're talking about. If that was within the rules, good for you. If you got away with something that wasn't allowed, then you cheated.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Just a shake save, or whatever the real name is, totally legit. Ball bounces left and right and 'walks' back out of the top area of the outlane.

Crazy. Yeah I mean if it's legit and the tilt lets you, more power to ya. I'm all for it.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

nothing wrong with nudging a pin, i do it all the time. death saves and sliding pins across the floor is an instant boot from my gameroom.

What is your issue with sliding? I get it if there is risk of sliding into the machine next to them, but armed with the right feet coasters, there is less risk of damage done from sliding than nudging because the slide is smooth with no vibration

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you are relying on sliders under the feet so you can move it better.. You might as well just take the tilt bob out and call it a day.
Slide what the tilt will allow you. Nudge, slap, whatevr the tilt will allow you. This is what they are made for.
Dont throw into the wall, kick the coin door, hulk smash the glass. Kicking legs to save is a grey area i would discourage. Kicking in rage tilts should be a no no
Bang backs are tough on the machine... I was raised thats a no no unless given prior approval

Just trying to gauge his issue with the slide is all. I mainly play on route and slide all the time with only one to two tilt warnings.

2 weeks later
#298 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I have rubber feet coasters on all my games which rest on a concrete floor coated in epoxy...the games are not sliding anywhere, haha.

HAHA. I hear ya. If I am playing a game that can slide, I am going to slide it assuming the tilt lets me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 269.00
$ 249.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 160.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Lit Frames
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 12.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside