nameofthegame.jpg
gary-stern-of-stern-pinball.jpg
358050-i.jpg
slika.jpg
image-750.jpg
punch.jpg
nudge.jpg
thats what she said.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#193 9 years ago

Are there any tips to making a game easier to nudge? I'm not talking about loosening the tilt mechanism or anything. My pins are on carpet so they can't slide at all. I can nudge them a bit but it takes some effort. I can't nudge it enough to avoid a center drain no matter how slow I see it coming. I'm mostly talking about my ST:PRO.

I'm still pretty new to the pinball scene and have only been a home pinball owner for about 6-7 months now. Yeah, it's safe to say it's my new obsession. I'm hooked and there's no going back. But I don't need to explain that to any of you.

Anyway, I'm a full nudge supporter. It just makes sense. Pinball is such a visceral hands-on game. Nudging just enhances that. Heck even the popular Pinball Arcade app has a nudging option built in.

As with the OP, I have a friend who was the one who got me into pinball in the first place(hey Dan!). For some reason he doesn't seem to want to nudge his machines. I've played his Tron plenty of times, showing him how I nudge. I still hold the high score on his machine. Sorry man. He doesn't care that I nudge his machine and I'm still careful with it and not sliding it all over the place.

It's just something that I feel you have to do as part of playing the game. For cripe's sake, pinball can be so damn frustrating at times even with nudging. I couldn't stand to just let balls drain without even trying to do something about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nudging-is-wrong?tu=PWhiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.