Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dmcomplete.JPG
04.JPG
03.JPG
02.JPG
01.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

My first teardown. I realize there's a little more work to do here. But I've got access to most of the rubbers and playfield. I've put most of the new rubbers on and polished up the playfield.

God willing I'll be able to put it all back together. A bit scary... but I have to learn sometime.

01.JPG01.JPG

02.JPG02.JPG

03.JPG03.JPG

Oh, and if some of you really wanted a nude man pic... here you go.

04.JPG04.JPG

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Damn, I need to do the same thing to mine, just have not made the jump yet... How did you organize your teardown list?

Organize shmorganize. I just busted out the tools and started going. Actually, I just went at the easiest pieces first. As I've taken them off I've taped the screws/nuts/washers to wherever I took them out from. Lots of wires to pull out from underneath... I've labeled both sides so I can get them put back together. I've arranged the pieces on the floor the way I took them off. So when it comes time to go back on I'm going to try and work in reverse order.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Why and the world would they put that shot on a pinball machine??? []

I know... thankfully he stays hidden behind T2 most of the time.

Quoted from tripp:

Looks REALLY nice!

Thanks!

#13 12 years ago

Looks clean Rascal!
Time to put that 'Radiohead' on and do work!
I bet it will only take you a couple of albums... []

Aw man, that would have been so much better than the crap that was on TV.

Anyway, it's done! Started this morning and finished at 1:11 AM. Not too bad for my first time.

Still have a flipper off because I'm waiting on a rebuild kit to be delivered.

dmcomplete.JPGdmcomplete.JPG

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Allegro:

Man now I have to do this... Did you do the GI lighting on top with LEDs as well or just the under playfield lights?

Up top? I have LED in the backbox... can't remember if I finished that though. When I had the playfield all stripped down I took the opportunity to replace the GI that are on the back wall of the (otherwise they'd be tough to get to). Waiting to do the rest of the GI because Marco mistakenly sent me 555 for GI instead of 44.

My remaining issues:
- new lockbar assembly... not the bar itself, but the mechanics are all screwed up and bent. I've got a new one on the way.
- rebuild the flippers. Parts on the way.
- the 'Super Jets' switch outhole of the CryoClaw is a nightmare. Constantly gets hung up there. I ordered a new switch that hopefully lets the ball pass through more freely. If that doesn't work I need to jack up the back and have a ridiculous playfield angle (hope I don't have to do that).
- need a 2.5" rubber because one didn't come in the DM rubber kit for some reason.
- LED GI

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i think he was refering to the GI's on 'top' of the playfield. did you order the 3 flipper rebuild kit? (it's a better deal than getting the 2 kit..or individual pieces.)

Oh. Actually, I left a lot of the rubber covered ones as bulbs. The kit I had gave me some frosteds to use there that I might try, but I sorta like the bulbs there for now.

Really wish I had thought of ordering the 3 flipper kit. Got the 2 flipper kit and forgot all about the 3rd. I'll have to order that 3rd one too.

i think you may just need to do some tweaking. this seems to be common among most DM machines. i think its just poor design. maybe lower the switch a little bit (make sure it still registers). also, the ball exit trough may be off line.

Yeah, I'm just going to need to play with it for awhile. I bent the hell out of the switch that was on there trying to fix it... so I got a new switch to start from scratch.

#26 12 years ago

Ahh, it feels so good to fix things!

Tonight's fixes

- new lockbar assembly. Replaced the whole bent up mess that wouldn't allow me to clamp onto the lockdown bar. Now I can!

- rebuilt 2 out of the 3 flippers (forgot a rebuild kit for the top flipper)

- Fixed the 'Super Jets' switch outhole of the CryoClaw. Installed a new switch that lets the ball pass by smoothly instead of hanging it up. I did an AWWWWWFUL, MESSY soldering job.... surprisingly enough, it works.

- Installed replacement 'Retina Scan' eyeball. The old one was all dried up.

- Installed all the LED GI! Took some pics but they always come up really crappy on my phone so I won't bother to post.

Not a whole lot left to do except for the leveling machine properly ... and playing!

#31 12 years ago

i purchased one from marcos within the last month;
http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=20%2D9935

still in stock

Yeah, I got mine from Marco as well. Ended up with yellow (they give you a random color unless you call)

#32 12 years ago

The Super Jets switch on the CryoClaw started to hang up the ball again (ugh). Ended up just taking out one of the screws and tilting it forward. Not very pretty solution but it works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 72.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nude-man-demolition-pics?tu=rascal_h and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.