Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by arakissun
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

The latest NuCore update has a fix that I think will allow me to use the computer I've been trying to get working. I was able to get Pinbox running, but it won't see my parallel PCI card. Newest NuCore allows you to set parallel to a different address. Fresh NuCore install fails, I think because it's looking for files that have been moved or no longer exist. I've tried updating Pinbox with the NuCore update, but it didn't work. Maybe because things are in different directories? I've tried renaming files and directories, but just broke everything in the process. Any ideas? This is driving me insane!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

The latest NuCore update has a fix that I think will allow me to use the computer I've been trying to get working. I was able to get Pinbox running, but it won't see my parallel PCI card. Newest NuCore allows you to set parallel to a different address. Fresh NuCore install fails, I think because it's looking for files that have been moved or no longer exist. I've tried updating Pinbox with the NuCore update, but it didn't work. Maybe because things are in different directories? I've tried renaming files and directories, but just broke everything in the process. Any ideas? This is driving me insane!

I'm not an expert on this, but it sounds like there might be a driver issue with the parallel PCI card. Perhaps try a different parallel PCI and clean install? I had problems with on board sound on mine, so I added in a soundblaster card and it worked then after reinstalling.

#3 6 years ago

I'm getting some help over on the bigguyspinball forum. I'll post back with results.

#4 6 years ago

Parallel PCI card are not the best option.I tried two or three before but no one worked.
Of course when I just put a PC with on board parallel port worked perfect.
PC was HP DC7800.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Parallel PCI card are not the best option.I tried two or three before but no one worked.
Of course when I just put a PC with on board parallel port worked perfect.
PC was HP DC7800.

Mine had onboard parallel port and worked perfect as well.

#6 6 years ago

I had a mini PC with a paralell port onboard in my MAME cocktail so I swapped it. Now I have 2 broken things in my game room. Ha!

#7 6 years ago

Why two?
Is the problem same with the mini PC on board parallel port?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nucorepinbox-fresh-install-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.