Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ontvlogo.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtatesr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

The person(s) who created pinbox accidently left info leading to their IP address. They are located in the Atlanta Georgia region and use Comcast for internet access. We’re handing this info to our attorney who will get us the person using that IP. The person(s) who created pinbox have stolen our hard work. Any additional information/help any of you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Send any such information to info (at) bigguyspinball.com. We will keep any information and it's source confidential. We still plan to support real Nucore users as we've always done.
    Thanks to everyone for their support.
    Chuck and Don.

So let me get this right... You've got an IP address... So you're going to issue what, exactly? A DMCA notice to the ISP? It doesn't exactly work like that the last I checked. If you can prove that copyrighted content is being distributed from that IP address directly, they MIGHT fork over the contact information for the person on the account. However, with many three strikes policies being implemented around DMCA, they might not do that.

As someone who deals with these issues for a living, this can be a difficult subject to just walk up and say "Hey, I need the contact belonging to THIS IP address." and handing them something as simple as an HTTP access log.

I'm sorry your intellectual property was leaked.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

At any rate, hate to see anyone's IP misused....

I agree. One thing to learn is that something good can always be gained from this. Learn from the flaws in your security, see what good was done, etc.

Also, as far as I could read, pinbox never released ROM files with their software, did they? Not sure how that's relevant in any case. Also, was a SLA (Software License Agreement) posted with Nucore for the download of the original software?

I am not trying to pry here, I am just trying to figure this out for the sake of my own curiosity.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtatesr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nucore-theft?tu=dtatesr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.