Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).PNG
Nucore_is_Returning!_-_(resized).png
mal_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

Doesn't sound any different. No release dates etc.

1 week later
#14 8 years ago

Pinbox will be available forever.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

QEMU can't be THAT taxing?

Wtf do you actually understand how things work or just make assumptions? Emulation is one of the most CPU intensive operations for any platform. The more diverse the two platforms, the more that has to be done via software. I don't see any rasp pi handling this.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I like how it is 'money order' only, which creates yet another pain/barrier for someone who wants it vs using paypal or sending a personal check.

This kind of BS makes me think pinbox is well deserved.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

luckily there are torrents of it to be found with minimal effort and it is also spread around by collectors that need it. I know of 5 games running on pinbox!

That's right. Pinbox is never going away.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from knazzo:

Mame support would be a nice feature.

What good is that? There isn't even a joystick. You can play maybe 3 games that like galaxian and space invaders. Besides, the computer can actually run mame and a front end could be very easily written (by me for example) to select pinball or mame. It's not the job of the nucore to run other programs on the pc. But again, it's moot without any controls.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Although Nucore MAY have violated an open source license - the fact remains that as a result of Nucore's efforts those with a RFM or SWE1 machine and a bad computer had no other options before the Nucore solution.
Why continue to rant about whether or not Nucore MAY or MAY NOT have violated an open source agreement? This is really not the point.

The point is that Nucore hasnt been available for years - leaving those with RFM and SWEP1 in the same boat as they were before hand. If Nucore was till shipping products all along, there wouldn't be much of a point. So pinbox stepped in and solved this problem. Then Nucore sues. And it becomes relevant on the QEMU license as they may not have had the right to distribute their code closed source in the first place.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Ahoernchen:

So relax and play pinball

Unfortunately, the only way many can do this is to use pinbox.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nucore-is-returning-2016?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.