Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture_(resized).PNG
Nucore_is_Returning!_-_(resized).png
mal_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lurch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago

Id want the ability to add a customization mode, where we could spruce things up. Individuals could create their own animations and we could share and load them into our systems. Add some foul languange!!!

Perhaps expanded online play would be awesome. Todays high-speed internet could allow a webcam for head-to-head gaming over the internet a reality.

Also, it would be awesome to be able to download the wizard blocks software when that is complete

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

the lag will kill head to head pinball over the net.

I think its worth a try! I volunteer to be a guinea pig.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

the thing is you have little control over the lag and it can very a lot.

Its no different than playing on xbox or playstation, lag can kill any game. Question is how much lag can be tolerated? If we are talking 50ms then i doubt the average player would even notice, if higher, then i suspect it would be unplayable.

#51 8 years ago

Anyone recall that someone made an interface that sent commands via telnet to the pin2k platform? Id like to get an example of this code that i can host. I could use a webcam and make it available for play online.... would be cool to test.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from knazzo:

Mame support would be a nice feature.

i was thinking the same thing last night! How awesome would that be? All they need to do is figure out how to work-in one of the emulators and let us load the games. That would be SWEEET!

Quoted from markmon:

What good is that? There isn't even a joystick. You can play maybe 3 games that like galaxian and space invaders. Besides, the computer can actually run mame and a front end could be very easily written (by me for example) to select pinball or mame. It's not the job of the nucore to run other programs on the pc. But again, it's moot without any controls.

well it has two more buttons at the flippers than normal pinball machines. (its a start).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lurch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nucore-is-returning-2016?tu=lurch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.