Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

buy-button_(resized).jpg
2016-05-30_17.48.48.jpg
tmp_4645-Screenshot_2016-05-30-16-23-56-1243951376.png
tmp_4645-Screenshot_2016-05-30-16-23-56970393181.png
2016-05-30_12.47.51.jpg
2016-05-30_12.45.25.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joe_blasi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from mattster:

I'm running RFM via Nucore and the computer appears dead: no fans, leds, nothing.
I replaced the power supply but nothing.
Jumped the power switch pins, nope.
Did the paperclip test and the PS fan runs and one led comes on on the computer.
Prior to this problem the game would often boot to a login prompt and would occasionally reset if it did boot correctly.
I have no idea where to go from here. Any suggestions? The longer this game is down the more desperate I am to play it!

Do you have a different PSU to try? bad ram may lead to random reboots but this sounds like some kind of PSU issue. Now a bad PSU can nuke you MB as well.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from mattster:

Yes, I bought a new power supply but no luck. Is replacing the MB a practical thing to do?

You can get one that will work with the cpu / and ram in there but try to boot with just the MB and psu plugged in and then start adding stuff like video / keyboard / mouse / drives.

a dead CMOS battery should not stop the system for booting but a weak one may mess up the nvram / bios settings to a point where you need to pull it / set reset cmos jumper.

#13 7 years ago

I have fixed a few boards by pulling the battery to get them to boot now a bad hard drive with a power short can stop a system from booting.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You need to eliminate your power switch as the problem too. Find the connector where it plugs into the motherboard and short those two pins together momentarily. It's nine pins on the motherboard, 4 pins & 5 pins side by side. Your switch is probably labeled PWR on pins 6&8.

That is an usb header not the front panel

1 week later
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from mattster:

Will do.

It's prompting me to enter F1 to skip warning or press DEL key to enter BIOS.

what warning is coming up? it's the no keyboard one that is easy to turn off.

3 years later
#58 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

This old thread and i have a client with nucore. Wont boot. Only 1 volt at battery on cpu board. Would this be the issue? Thanks! Will go back again soon.

Some pc boards cant't boot with dead battery's or that week battery messed up the settings try with no battery at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joe_blasi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nucore-computer-wont-start?tu=joe_blasi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.