Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

buy-button_(resized).jpg
2016-05-30_17.48.48.jpg
tmp_4645-Screenshot_2016-05-30-16-23-56-1243951376.png
tmp_4645-Screenshot_2016-05-30-16-23-56970393181.png
2016-05-30_12.47.51.jpg
2016-05-30_12.45.25.jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from mattster:

Will do.

It's prompting me to enter F1 to skip warning or press DEL key to enter BIOS.

what warning is coming up? it's the no keyboard one that is easy to turn off.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from mattster:

Will do.

I have the same problem and I have replaced the battery and tried changing the bios settings. very annoying

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from mattster:

You can disable that warning in your BIOS. Go to the "Standard CMOS Features" section 1.6 "Halt On" and change it from "all errors" to "all errors but"

Your computer needs more testing. If it were mine I would disconnect it from the pinball machine and run Linux from a USB stick to see if the computer randomly reboots while testing. If it does, you have a PC problem. If it doesn't, you have a pinball component problem.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You can disable that warning in your BIOS. Go to the "Standard CMOS Features" section 1.6 "Halt On" and change it from "all errors" to "all errors but"
Your computer needs more testing. If it were mine I would disconnect it from the pinball machine and run Linux from a USB stick to see if the computer randomly reboots while testing. If it does, you have a PC problem. If it doesn't, you have a pinball component problem.

Ok guys, here's what I did. Went to BIOS and it's already set to "all errors but". However, the keyboard and mouse were disabled. I enabled the mouse and keyboard and now it boots up all the way!

Played about a ten minute game and didn't reset. I'll give it a workout this weekend to see if the reset problem persists.

Thanks everybody for your time and patience. The collective knowledge base on this site is amazing and it's so cool that you guys are willing and eager to help.

#55 3 years ago

That kind of lock up can be caused by bad RAM or a bad hard drive. I would run disk check on the hard drive itself and there are tools to do a memory check of every bit. RAM is cheap enough if it keeps happening I would replace the ram chips.

Good luck and hopefully everything will work out.

#56 3 years ago

tools to do a memory check of every bit.

I use Memtest86 when I test RAM. http://www.memtest86.com/

3 years later
#57 16 days ago

This old thread and i have a client with nucore. Wont boot. Only 1 volt at battery on cpu board. Would this be the issue? Thanks! Will go back again soon.

#58 16 days ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

This old thread and i have a client with nucore. Wont boot. Only 1 volt at battery on cpu board. Would this be the issue? Thanks! Will go back again soon.

Some pc boards cant't boot with dead battery's or that week battery messed up the settings try with no battery at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
MicksPinball
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside