Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by sparkup
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparkup.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Nucore base units are sold out.
    Terry.
    http://www.pinballlife.com

Argh, I just saw this thread and went to get one.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I find this to be a very disturbing event and also a crappy way to run a business. I bought a RFM and am doing a complete restoration. My intent was to install a new monitor and NuCore after the full PF and Cab restoration this fall and was mostly waiting to hopefully see a RFM or SWE1 with nucore in action at Expo.
    Why not do a final run of Nucore systems before suspending production!!???!!!??? Why not notify people in advance of this news and provide an opportunity to buy in before games we have poured so much time into now become potentially the heaviest pinball paperweight ever made!!!??? SERIOUSLY, WTF?
    VERY frustrated with this news and the way this was dealt to the community of P2K owners.

Totally agree, I'm in exactly the same boat with a full restro and have been busy buying parts if I had of known about Nucore being suddenly pulled I would of bought that first.

1 week later
    #81 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bischt:

So here is a stupid question. What if anything do you need from Nucore to build a replacement PC for Pin2K? Going through the docs it appears as though the only oddity here is this USB Interface Board thingy. Is this the case or am I totally misunderstanding what is involved in setup and configuration.
    The setup is kinda crappy... installing an old version of desktop Linux, running everything as the root user (which you should never need to do), and then installing Nucore software and roms which is still downloadable from their site.
    It seems as though I can just package Nucore as a LiveCD/USB stick and make everyone's lives easier. Setting up Nucore should be nothing more complex then plugging a USB stick into PC you intend to install into your cabinet and booting. You don't even need a hard disk. If you do, just install the LiveCD locally and you are good to go. The only down site seems to be that without the original code, Nucore is frozen in time. I can dump hours into reverse engineering the binaries but to be honest I find that kind of work very boring and tedious and would rather do anything but that.
    Just thinking out loud, but it seems as though we can get a community around this and make it better than it ever was. Well, I'm stuck waiting for a replacement ramp for my Whirlwind anyways, might as well dive into my RFM and start tackling this problem.

I would love for anyone to come up with a permanent solution to keeping these games alive.

8 months later
    #92 10 years ago

Anyone know what the U6 IC is on the nucore interface board?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparkup.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nucore-announcement?tu=sparkup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.