• Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Like.gif
Popcorn-03-Scarlett-Johanssen.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm sure everything is probably/maybe/possibly legal, download the iso right now and enjoy.

Hate to say I told ya so, but...

#53 10 years ago

If Rick bitches to WMS its gonna hit the fan!

#54 10 years ago

I'd recommend the OP pull their site now before it gets any worse.. I've been down this road before, it isn't fun.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

This indeed is a hacked version of Nucore. The op has stolen our software and is distributing it illegally. This really only hurts to community as a whole. The next set of guys who would consider putting thousands of hours work into a product like this will probably think twice.

Called it.

#56 10 years ago

If it turns out that it *IS* a hacked version, don't be surprised if the web site goes down and the torrent file goes up - just like Clay's guides.

#57 10 years ago

Dude stealing someone's work isn't cool at all. And then trying to take credit for it is down right shameful.

If this is a ripped off Nucore then I suggest you pull your site down because this is deplorable.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

f it turns out that it *IS* a hacked version, don't be surprised if the web site goes down and the torrent file goes up - just like Clay's guides.

Without a doubt that will happen. Its just bogus they did this to two guys who spent years making this happen.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

f this is a ripped off Nucore then I suggest you pull your site down because this is deplorable.

Chuck confirmed it to me off site. Its modified nucore code.

#61 10 years ago

Def not cool to steal other's work!

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Dude stealing someone's work isn't cool at all. And then trying to take credit for it is down right shameful.

I don't get why would someone publicly announce this like they're proud.

#63 10 years ago

Uh oh, not cool.

#64 10 years ago

Nucore becomes unavailable..................and this happens. Is anyone shocked?? Not me!

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Nucore becomes unavailable..................and this happens. Is anyone shocked?? Not me!

Shocked that it exists? No. Shocked at how they put up a whole site about it and are touting it in public? Yes.

#66 10 years ago

Nucore becomes unavailable.

Can anyone give us the quick synopsis on this? I am unfamiliar with the history here.

#67 10 years ago

Alex way to stealth ninja edit your original post lol.

shocked no not at all but it should have been done a little quieter out of respect for Chuck and Don and the mega MEGA SUPER EXTREME battle they went threw with WAYNE AND GENE AND WMS to get this out in the first place. Maybe some of the new guys dont know the story but it was MEGA HARD to get Wayne and Gene in on this and get it released.

Two of the BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEST EGOS ever in Pinball and they hated each other to boot had to agree on this coming to public light.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Can anyone give us the quick synopsis on this? I am unfamiliar with the history here.

I think the TLDR version is "Original licensing expired; negotiations weren't worth pursuing"

#69 10 years ago

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/nucore.html

The KIDDIE friendly version of what happened on Pinballnews.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/nucore.html
The KIDDIE friendly version of what happened on Pinballnews.

LOL love it..

#71 10 years ago

aaaand it's gone. wise decision.

#72 10 years ago

GUILTY lol BOOM. SNAP! GONE!

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Alex way to stealth ninja edit your original post lol.

Hell yeah. I would offer to help anyone who thieves code. If someone did that to me on proprietary work I'd lose my mind.

#74 10 years ago

They might want to actually take the file down too, since it is still up.

#75 10 years ago

dammit could have really of used this.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from thepita007:

dammit could have really of used this.

Yes same here. Hopefully this or Nucore gets released for us all to enjoy and get our faulty games running again.

#77 10 years ago

Shame this stealing happened... U know if they spent the time finding a way to do this for gene and kingpin he wouldn't sue them he would pay them

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

This indeed is a hacked version of Nucore. The op has stolen our software and is distributing it illegally. This really only hurts to community as a whole. The next set of guys who would consider putting thousands of hours work into a product like this will probably think twice.

Oh man, I hate to see this...

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#79 10 years ago

Its one thing to hack something but to do so and post it on a web site for download is REALLY dumb.

#80 10 years ago

I started reading this thread by thinking how innovative and awesome this was, but if its really just a stolen version of someone else's work, that's a real stinky move.

#81 10 years ago

I really wish that whoever did pinbox would have went through proper channels to do this.

It sounded like it would have been really cool with perhaps some new innovation with the technology.

I would have loved to have seen some new themes and kits produced.

Perhaps everyone could get together for a group hug and figure out how to compensate everyone that needs compensating to keep this going.

I liked the fact that you could run pinball 2000 with off the shelf technology instead of proprietary hardware. Pinball 2000 was saved for a few hours.

#82 10 years ago

I could use a PM...

#83 10 years ago

Wow, what losers. Now it makes sense why it came out of nowhere.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Pinball 2000 was saved for a few hours.

I'm still feeling the warm afterglow

#85 10 years ago

I don't even own a P2K currently but I wanted to Dl anyways for the future as I know I'll get another.
This is a HUGE drag any way you look at it.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I could use a PM...

+1

#87 10 years ago

How is it that someone who figured out how to 'hack' the nucore software would be so foolish as to create a website and then post it to Pinside. Yet another example of how the "Look what I can do" tactic is a bad idea.

If he bought the software license, and hacked it, but did not sell or distribute it, I consider it innovation. Happens all the time with software. Too bad NuCore wasn't sold as a software only product, but it would probably get hacked and distributed illegally.

#88 10 years ago

How unfortunate.

Don't support these tactics.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I could use a PM...

That or a torrent link.

Or honestly... a link to Nucore's sales page where I can buy this. I just want an alternative "just in case".

#90 10 years ago

what a let down. we need some good news on Nucore, when the hell is it coming back?

#91 10 years ago

Sucks, busy day at work and I figured I'd D/L it when I get home to find it's gone and improper.

I have hardware to do a NuCore, or something. Sorry this turned out this way. Sending my original computer to Rob Anthony tomorrow.

Hopefully he'll sort it out and I'll be P2King again soon!

#92 10 years ago

Hey Chuck, why is Nucore no longer available?

#93 10 years ago

The file is gone - fishy

#94 10 years ago

For a very different way of looking at this, maybe this was done as a way of "spuring" Nucore into "some kind" of action. Just sayin.

#95 10 years ago

I'm having a hard time believing that this genie can ever be placed back into the bottle at this point....

#96 10 years ago

Once it's released on the net it's out there for eternity. It's too bad nucore disappeared because had it not a I doubt a hacked version would have appeared.

#97 10 years ago

Was Nucore intending to release a product again? If not, I don't exactly see this as "bad". I imagine that the Nucore guys didn't want to deal with the hassle of licensing the product gain.

I would have grabbed a copy "just in case", had I seen this thread before the shit hit the fan. I'd still gladly grab one off a torrent, or private link if somebody PM's me one. It's better to be a shade of grey, then let the software rot away.

#98 10 years ago

I wouldn't mind a pm or torrent link either.

#99 10 years ago

if this is a possibility, why doesn't Chuck just sell CD's of it then, since nucore isn't available. Then it wouldn't be such a huge cost for all the hardware. Give you the option to use whatever hardware you want, and you still get paid for your software and time you put into it.

#100 10 years ago

why won't newcore guys sell the software if that's all it is?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nucore-alternative-announced-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.