(Topic ID: 239430)

Now with Monster Bash R already released, what CGC title is next?

By FarFromHeaven26

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fester (resized).jpg
A0E14733-3BF8-4B00-A8C8-CC5220234AA2 (resized).jpeg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Monster Bash re-make is out there on location and in the hands of some eager early-run collectors. The reviews have been spectacular and for two weeks running the CGC LE is sitting in poll position on Pinside's Top 400. I should have mine in maybe two weeks, joining the other CGC remakes (AFM LE and MM with shaker motor) in my collection. Certainly this is a very exciting time for collectors of the hobby.

Now with strong rumors circulating that Jersey Jack will be moving on WILLY WONKA (1971 film) soon (a divine proposition for sure!!) some of us are speculating what CGC will do next. Rick indicated last year in a press release that Cactus Canyon, Big Bang Bar and Theater of Blood were imminent (as well as MB which of course is now a reality) but others have since weighed in with their own versions of how things will play out at CGC's factory, suggesting that Tales of the Arabian Nights, The Addams Family, Cirqus Voltaire and even Whitewater and Creature are in play. I seriously doubt the last two are even being pondered remotely but for various reasons all the others make sense. And yes, even with 20K made TAF would still be a formidable product, in view of the worn condition of most out there.

Based on previous threads and CGC's seeming affection for CACTUS CANYON (which many thought would beat MB out of the gate this past year) I am predicting CCR will be coming next. Any opinions or predictions? I have set aside the poll option, preferring to see responses here in comment section. Thank you!

#2 5 years ago

I've got a bottle of bourbon on the idea that it isn't Alien.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've got a bottle of bourbon on the idea that isn't Alien.

LOL Levi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 5 years ago

BBB.

It would be a battle royal for pinball dollars. Willy Wonka vs. BBB vs. Black Night Swords Premium.

#5 5 years ago

This isn't exactly a leap or anything nobody has predicted yet but my guess would be Cactus Canyon, and back up in original MM remake pricing.

#6 5 years ago

Cactus Canyon or Cirqus Voltaire.

#7 5 years ago

I'll vote Addams Family. I'd say IJ or TZ, but I don't know if CGC is configured for widebodies. Classic games, and high prices despite huge supply means high demand. If they can work out the licensing, any of these would be easy money.

#8 5 years ago

Alien. Or Magic Girl. I forget. I read that somewhere.

LTG : )
( Disclaimer : actually neither of those )

#10 5 years ago

Fish Tales. Wait till you see the topper!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

A real fish.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A real fish.

No , an actual fisher man

#13 5 years ago

I’m not sure that they go for a licensed game. TAF was based on the movie that is far from relevant. Disney now owns LucasFilm and IJ and I wonder what their licensing fee schedule looks like now. TZ was almost back breaking in the pinball salad days, and the Serling license debacle made that a never-return issue, I would imagine.

#14 5 years ago

So far, the 3 games remade were ones that were going for crazy resale values. So I'd be willing to bet it'll be a game whose resale value is higher than the initial sale value. They were also games ranked in the top 10 for "most wanted games".

Cactus Canyon is a good guess. If I was forced to guess one, this would be it.
Circus Voltaire is a good guess too.
BBB is a good guess because of it's rarity and intrigue.

I would also add Scared Stiff to the list of possibilities, as it's also ranked highly on the "most wished" games list.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

So far, the 3 games remade were ones that were going for crazy resale values. So I'd be willing to bet it'll be a game whose resale value is higher than the initial sale value. They were also games ranked in the top 10 for "most wanted games".
Cactus Canyon is a good guess. If I was forced to guess one, this would be it.
Circus Voltaire is a good guess too.
BBB is a good guess because of it's rarity and intrigue.
I would also add Scared Stiff to the list of possibilities, as it's also ranked highly on the "most wished" games list.

All possible, but BBB and CC are high priced in large part because they were rare. MM, AFM, and MB were high priced because of high demand. I'd think CGC would want to take that into account and make games that people will still want to play even when they're suddenly available again. But who knows ...

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

A real fish tank and a coupon from Petco to pick any 3 fish in the store.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

All possible, but BBB and CC are high priced in large part because they were rare. MM, AFM, and MB were high priced because of high demand. I'd think CGC would want to take that into account and make games that people will still want to play even when they're suddenly available again. But who knows ...

CC was incomplete. They would have to go get the rights to use the CCC code or come up with their own. If they did that, it would be plenty in demand.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Comes with your choice of fish. Only on LE model $7999

A0E14733-3BF8-4B00-A8C8-CC5220234AA2 (resized).jpegA0E14733-3BF8-4B00-A8C8-CC5220234AA2 (resized).jpeg
#19 5 years ago

game 4 is well down the road ... but we are actively discussing title for game #5 ...

#20 5 years ago

Sounds Like CCr to me! Can't wait....

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Sounds Like CCr to me!

Credence Clearwater Revival ? Too cool !

#22 5 years ago

Anyone have a guess on when it will be announced?

#23 5 years ago

I’d like to see TAF SE and Gold editions for game #5.

The gold edition is impossible to find. When they do come up for sale, they run $10,000 plus.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Credence Clearwater Revival ? Too cool !

Now we’re talking!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I’d like to see TAF SE and Gold editions for game #5.
The gold edition is impossible this find. When they do come up for sale they run $10,000 plus.

Being that thete is anothe Addams Family movie , ya never know.

#26 5 years ago

*fingers crossed* Theatre of Magic

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

game 4 is well down the road ... but we are actively discussing title for game #5 ...

My informed Planetary Pinball friend, I take this to mean that #4 has been decided but will not be in production for quite some time, and that at this juncture the conversation for #5 has commenced.

As I stated earlier in initiating the post I personally believe that already decided #4 is CACTUS CANYON. Beyond that (for #5) it would appear to be one of THESE: BBB, TOM, TOTAN, TAF, CV or FT.

Hoping the wait for #4 will not be prohibitive, but we are all so grateful for #1, #2 and #3, all Class A works of art.

Of course on the thread everyone has volunteered their own speculations.

#28 5 years ago

My complete guess is that TOM will be one of the next 2 titles remade. There seems to be a lot of people interested in the title and, with no pinball manufacturing experience of my own, it looks like it can be manufactured at less cost than some other titles on the list.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

My complete guess is that TOM will be one of the next 2 titles remade. There seems to be a lot of people interested in the title and, with no pinball manufacturing experience of my own, it looks like it can be manufactured at less cost than some other titles on the list.

I would tend to agree with you my friend when you opine that title will probably be more cost-effective than the others for its comparative minimalism. Personally I much prefer the other two loved games from JPOP, Cirqus Voltaire and Tales of the Arabian Nights, but I know many who adore TOM as you do. Since the title was officially named by Rich in a press release that it is imminent (he did NOT mention CV or TOTAN, others have in the community) I'd say your speculation is sound. Thank you!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Rick indicated last year in a press release that Cactus Canyon, Big Bang Bar and Theater of Blood were imminent

Im definitely holding out for Theatre of Blood!

#31 5 years ago

I still think they should work a way to do a re-theme of TAF with the same basic stuff and just replace the Addams family and Raul Julia / Angelica Huston / Chris Lloyd likenesses. Couple new callouts, rename the modes, game is still fun as hell.

OR hell, use the Charles Addams cartoon characters

#32 5 years ago

I would tend to agree with you my friend when you opine that title will probably be more cost-effective than the others for its comparative minimalism. Personally I much prefer the other two loved games from JPOP, Cirqus Voltaire and Tales of the Arabian Nights, but I know many who adore TOM as you do. Since the title was officially named by Rich in a press release that it is imminent (he did NOT mention CV or TOTAN, others have in the community) I'd say your speculation is sound. Thank you!

To clarify. I have owned TOM and it's a fine game, but ran its course with me. Many people seem to be looking forward to TOMr, but it is not for me unless coding is changed.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I still think they should work a way to do a re-theme of TAF with the same basic stuff and just replace the Addams family and Raul Julia / Angelica Huston / Chris Lloyd likenesses. Couple new callouts, rename the modes, game is still fun as hell.

They got the licensing done for Pinball Arcade (including Raul Julia estate, finally), so most of the groundwork is already laid. The issue was likeness rights for Christopher Lloyd and the Pugsley kid, who refused to sign necessitating art changes. Could be that they'd come around for a bit more money which should be feasible if CGC making physical machines with larger overall revenues.

I'd definitely be down for a reskin with the Charles Addams cartoons, but I think that would be a niche product. If they're going to maximize profits on TAFr, they'll just need to work out all of the licensing. No one's paying top-dollar for modified art:

Fester (resized).jpgFester (resized).jpg
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I could live with art package changes, but the audio package is classic and needs to stay the same in my opinion.

ITS SHOWTIME!!!!

#35 5 years ago

My informed Planetary Pinball friend,

I'd listen to him. He is informed. He is Planetay Pinball.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

IJ TPA please!

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd listen to him. He is informed. He is Planetay Pinball.

LTG, I laid out the red carpet to him and saluted him. I know who he is and I greatly respect him not to mention I am honored he responded to this post. Everything I said there was humble and in the spirit of continued conversation.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

This statement makes me believe it is CC.

#39 5 years ago

The word on the street is they have a team on CCr (not including John Fogarty) So some very cool things might happen for that one!

"Theres a Bad Moon On The Rise"

#40 5 years ago

BBB - mmmm, after having played it over the years it just isn't that fun to me. I'd probably skip that one. CC - maybe, but my excitement level would depend on if it is a straight remake or they did something to upgrade/complete the code. TOM - probably would consider, but I'd be afraid of it getting boring quickly. CV or TOTAN - I would probably buy since I like playing both of those, and my other family members like them as well.

I already have a really nice TAF and TZ, so I'd probably skip those. If I didn't have 'em, those would be on the top of my list for sure.

#41 5 years ago

TOTAN or CV and I would be buying both of them in a heart beat. TOM I would also highly consider. I’ve got lots of time in CC and BBB and I would never consider buying either of them. Snooze fest in my honest opinion and are only fun for the first 10 games. While you could argue CC, TOTAN, or TOM are the same. I think the Win is their theme. It doesn’t get old as quick.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That's great, can you give us a bit of a hint as to what game 4 would be? just a little one PLEASE.
Well down the road? so will that be towards the end of this years or next year?
cheers

#43 5 years ago

CV ‍♂️, yes please.

#44 5 years ago

When looking at the current top 100 and their place on the list/current average cost / and rarity maybe that will help us out.

#9 - IJ - $7000 avg - 12,716 produced
#11- TAFG -$10,000 avg - 1000 produced
#15- TOTAN - $7400 avg - 3128 produced
#16- TOM - $6500 avg - 6600 produced
#21- SS - $7000 avg - 4000 produced #23- CV - $7000 avg - 2700 produced
#35- CC - $11,500 - 903 produced

My Personal Breakdown:
While CC is probably only being made for it’s ridiculously high resale value you can also see that it’s only had 903 made which as we know jacking up the price of a “just okay” game. I’ve played it and it’s in the right spot at #35 IMO.

The next highest price game is Adams family gold at $10,000. However they have made a lot of normal TAF’s and I’m not sure they would focus on that as their strategy has been going after games with low production numbers as of current CGC trends.

TOTAN at $7400 Which also sold only 3128 units which makes it a great canidate for the 5th remake. IMO the best logical next choice

CV is close behind with a $7000 average and only 2700 games produced.

Maybe: my current thoughts (could change)
- game 4 (cactus canyon)
- game 5 (TOTAN or CV)

#45 5 years ago

I think Game 4 is definitely primed to be CC.

I bet Game #5 is an original theme or a different licensed theme altogether.

I think BBB is the only game with a chance in that remaining list. TAF, CV, TOM, etc have tons of games out on the street, many restored or in very good condition, and their prices are reasonable. It's not like the situation with the first 3 remakes where (although there were also tons of games on the street) the prices were SIGNIFICANTLY higher. You could get a standard edition remake for thousands less that a mint condition original had been going for. That's not going to be the case with TOM, TAF, etc.

Also, as an aside, I don't think we're going to see a TOTAN simply because of the theme.

#46 5 years ago

A new and improved Addams Family ?
I’d hit buy now for an LE but not the gold
Version. I have a beautiful AFG and personally think the blue is a better looking color IMO

A new Creech ! Yes

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I could live with art package changes, but the audio package is classic and needs to stay the same in my opinion.
ITS SHOWTIME!!!!

Understood - but I am sceptical CGC can release a non-DCS game without an audio package overhaul. They’ve added all the visual sparkle, and need an audio package to go along with it. TAF doesn’t have a very high quality soundtrack, and IMO it would be very noticeable

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I think Game 4 is definitely primed to be CC.
I bet Game #5 is an original theme or a different licensed theme altogether.
I think BBB is the only game with a chance in that remaining list. TAF, CV, TOM, etc have tons of games out on the street, many restored or in very good condition, and their prices are reasonable. It's not like the situation with the first 3 remakes where (although there were also tons of games on the street) the prices were SIGNIFICANTLY higher. You could get a standard edition remake for thousands less that a mint condition original had been going for. That's not going to be the case with TOM, TAF, etc.
Also, as an aside, I don't think we're going to see a TOTAN simply because of the theme.

Totally agree, except for the “reasonable prices” part.

1 week later
#49 5 years ago

Anyone think maybe a taf retheme with the new animated version coming out later in the year? That would be a twist on the remake train.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

A new and improved Addams Family ?
I’d hit buy now for an LE but not the gold
Version. I have a beautiful AFG and personally think the blue is a better looking color IMO
A new Creech ! Yes

I agree on AFG. I ended up keeping the standard as the blue is better. Cactus Canyon is for sure next and then BBB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-with-monster-bash-r-already-released-what-cgc-title-is-next?hl=toppers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.