(Topic ID: 10404)

Now that TF has been out 4 awhile, what are your thoughts?

By Riffbear

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I got to play TF le recently and liked it allot.

I'd like to hear others thoughts on it, more so the LE versions than the pro.

#2 12 years ago

I played a TF LE at the PHOF this past weekend and liked it a lot. Awesome game and way better than i expected.

#3 12 years ago

May I just remind everyone that no negative comments are allowed in this topic. Especially about the awesome pro model. Thanks!

(Just kidding of course)

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from robin:

May I just remind everyone that no negative comments are allowed in this topic. Especially about the awesome pro model. Thanks!
(Just kidding of course)

Wait, am I on Stern's Facebook page? My mistake. :>

#5 12 years ago

Having played the pro many times more than I had needed to, I can solidly say I'm fine with never owning it. I did see a lot of LE's in the box, but didn't get to see any unboxed versions sadly. Maybe the small playfield makes it an entirely different game, I don't know.

At this point I'm pretty certain that LOTR is Gomez' best game of all time and he will never do better. I would love for him to prove me wrong. Not to underscore JM, I love that game, but LOTR just does it for me more.

There are some nice modes, and I think that TF would do a lot better as a 6 ball game as Stern had previously implied. It is a fast paced game giving me no time to look up at the DMD, which is a good thing. A gripe my gf has is that all movie footage scenes on all stern games look bad, this includes spider man. I'm inclined to agree when I'm looking at the DMD.

The game flows when balls aren't stuck in Megatron and that is entertaining. I find no shots particularly difficult to hit which I would like to see at least one 'hard' shot on considering I'm not that great a player, I can't see a lot of pinball pros gravitating toward this game, just the theme.

Theme wise it's great. Since I'm old, I would like to see a retro version mod, but that's probably just me and a handfull of others. I'm going to go ahead and throw it out there since I came up with the idea when they announced 12 WHOLE SONGS on AC/DC. Stern could do well for all home markets to dual purpose that USB, and allocate some spare space for people to upload MP3 music on it. Personalize your pin with your music, you could play 'the touch' from the transformers movie, or 'dare to be stupid' if you felt like it, or anything else you want. This wouldn't improve gameplay, but it would make it more fun for personal buyers.

That's about my feelings on TF.

#6 12 years ago

I have a decepticon LE it is a fast fun pin. It is up there with SM. I installed my power pack kit last night had no air balls. I have had drop target disabled since I got it because I had a lot of air balls.

#7 12 years ago

I just played it a lil more tonight.
Ok atm I don't get any of the rules... That takes awhile, but in terms of gameplay/feel it is a GOOD game.

Now my options have changed from a NIB TF LE or a used SM pro.
Sm a few thousand cheaper which is appealing of course.

Ah the decisions! Grrrrr

#8 12 years ago

One of Stern's Best in my Opinion (TF-LE version). Hard fast pin.....Novice players may not like the
difficulty with this pin...however seasoned players will love the shots and timed modes.

p

#9 12 years ago

TF PRO. Fast fun but a little more flow.

TF LE. Fast fun with a little less flow. But, better fit and finish, better toys. Now with the fix kit in place I believe it is way up there. Looks like AC/DC LE looks amazing too. If only I were into the band....

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

TF PRO. Fast fun but a little more flow.
TF LE. Fast fun with a little less flow. But, better fit and finish, better toys. Now with the fix kit in place I believe it is way up there. Looks like AC/DC LE looks amazing too. If only I were into the band....

I have no appreciation for this band. But I am starting to recognize what a fun pin it'll be. Heck, I'll just turn down the volume.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Wait, am I on Stern's Facebook page? My mistake. :>

Goonie, you're banned!!!!

The TF LE unboxing video from Bucci made me excited about this game again.
I only played a few games on a pro and was very underwhelmed.
Now i can't wait to try a TF LE

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from flippman:

Goonie said:Wait, am I on Stern's Facebook page? My mistake. :>
Goonie, you're banned!!!!
The TF LE unboxing video from Bucci made me excited about this game again.
I only played a few games on a pro and was very underwhelmed.
Now i can't wait to try a TF LE

It's seriously so much fun. Great shots! Tilting that mini pf is a blast!

#13 12 years ago

I don't keep games in my collection I don't like, unless my wife makes me because she loves it! like our IJ4 : P anyway . . . . TF is a game that has really grown on me. I am a big Transformers fan and I love pinball so the theme and game just was perfect! When I first got it I was a bit disappointed with the games because of the air balls, the ball getting trapt, no in game VO call outs for what to really do or what you did..........."JACKPOT or Shoot left ramp Hurry" and not enough Transformers classic G1 flavor etc. . . but with some of those issues now worked out and learning all the rules, I love the game. I own a Decepticon LE, reminds me a bunch of Spidey wich I also own. The game is tough as nails and a real pinball players game. It's a game that will not be leaving my collection anytime soon.

With all the talk about the "power pack" and future updates. This game will get even better! and the power pack mentioned was not the air ball fix. it's a code update with a bunch of things coming and getting added to the game.

Mat

#14 12 years ago

I believe TFLE is faster with more flow over the pro because of the added control gate. I could be wrong though or off base as I haven't played the pro model yet.

As for what I think; TFLE is awesome! I have both LoTR and TFLE; I think TFLE is Gomezs better of the two as far as design and flow are concerned. TFLE still needs more added rules, software updates, and polished code. With the right programming it has a chance to be sterns best.

#15 12 years ago

It is a pretty rad game, me & the kids love it, havent stopped playing it since we got it I just installed the anti airball kit last night it looks ok, havent played it with it on yet though. Waiting for my topper & BBee shooter rod to bling it out a bit more. Really disapointed with the cabinet decals as mine have started bunching by one of the legs.. bummer...

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

coasterguy said:TF PRO. Fast fun but a little more flow.
I have no appreciation for this band. But I am starting to recognize what a fun pin it'll be. Heck, I'll just turn down the volume.

Well, I am not into AC/DC at all but recently played the Pro and wow, was it fun! Surprised the heck out of me and code is way incomplete. Super fast at times.

#17 12 years ago

I'm not in love with it but I think it's pretty solid. I've only played the LE (two different ones). One had much worse airball problems than the other and was much faster. No idea why.

The autobot and decepticon choice is a cool idea, and I hope they further differentiate the rules on each side. I'm not sure if you can play different stacking strategies depending on your alignment choice, but that would be awesome.

The art package is quite nice if you are into TF-style art. TF style art lends itself perfectly to the photoshop/computer-generated/not-hand-drawn style so unlike a lot of themes, it doesn't take a hit. The purple/red two-tone thing is a gimmick but it's a gimmick that is totally up a TF fanboy's alley.

It's loaded with toys, and thank god or this game would have been DOA.

The sound is good, not great. Tron, backed by that stupid awesome daft punk sound track, is clearly the winner. I also think Avatar has a better overall sound package. Both of those games just get me PUMPED once modes and multiballs start to get rolling. TF doesn't do that for me.

Some good shots. Both the Ironhide and Star Scream ramps can be hit with either flipper. That is very nice, and should lend to this game being fairly durable in the field - even if a flipper starts getting a bit weak the game is still playable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-that-tf-has-been-out-4-awhile-what-are-your-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.