(Topic ID: 114071)

Now that its over, did you chose The Hobbit SE or LE?

By jazc4

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Asael
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Now that its over, did you chose The Hobbit SE or LE?”

• SE 104 votes
    76%
  • LE 33 votes
    24%

(137 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

SE all the way!!

Me too.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Woz direct print and Woz decals are both "ultra high gloss". The Hobbit decals v. the thick decals were similar, but I'd say the thicker ones have more of a high gloss and have been through 6 months of testing for fade, UV, etc (per directly asking Jack at Expo after the reveal). I'd go with the thicker ones b/c I think they'd hold up better when moving the machine and look better in 10 years. We heard the direct print gouges can't be repaired well. Decals are replacable, but why do most people redecal?, b/c of fade (i.e. IJ, AFM).

Testing is good, but how is it done. Does it represent real life useage? I find that with modern technology both decals should be durable and UV resistant. The only advantage for the thicker one should be protection against abuse and lots of moving. Ideal for operators. Not so much for home use.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#60 9 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Why did you have to commit?
Distributors ordered for stock, PinballStar has said they did - pinballsales likely has too. The market will quickly decide price, especially since supply is limited (at least order period is now closed, so we don't know the #, but it is a fixed quantity now). Ask PinballStar and see if Joe has any WoZ EC, RR or standard and the prices.

Maybe he has pre ordered? Hmm, probably not after reading the comment again. Then stock would be fine to choose from.

Post edited by PinballRulez: Reading again gave new insights

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I still don't know how you cut holes in the PF protector for those pop-ups and NOT have it effect gameplay. The ball will be catching those edges non-stop. I had a bitch of a time just getting my Congo lower playfield window leveled right. Those uneven surfaces would drive me batshit.

I believe the SE showed at Freddy's had one on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-that-its-over-did-you-chose-the-hobbit-se-or-le?tu=pinballrulez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.