(Topic ID: 114071)

Now that its over, did you chose The Hobbit SE or LE?

By jazc4

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Asael
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Now that its over, did you chose The Hobbit SE or LE?”

• SE 104 votes
    76%
  • LE 33 votes
    24%

(137 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I thought it would be fun to see the final tally.

#2 5 years ago

if I were to do it, it would be SE

#4 5 years ago

Ummmed and aaaahed for weeks, switched from SE to LE last night. Chuffed with the decision.

#6 5 years ago

SE all the way!!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

SE all the way!!

Me too.

#9 5 years ago

Staying with LE

#11 5 years ago

Ha ha! LE is the rarest Hobbit of them all!

#12 5 years ago

Stayed with LE. As the kids and all like all the characters on the sides especially the right/dark side.

#13 5 years ago

LE for me, love the armor colour and prefer the more reddish hue of Smaug not mention cabinet art. Like beelzeboob has stated its turns out this will be the more rare of the 2, another bonus. As long as everyone got what they wanted, that's most important.

#14 5 years ago

The best looking package, of course, smaug

#15 5 years ago

I love that even picking a version of TH can have such a polarizing effect on Pinside. Pinheads really are a passionate bunch!

That said, you're just wrong, perryd.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

LE for me, love the armor colour and prefer the more reddish hue of Smaug not mention cabinet art. Like beelzeboob has stated its turns out this will be the more rare of the 2, another bonus. As long as everyone got what they wanted, that's most important.

I like the LE too, just wondering how it could ever be more rare than the SE. They will continue to take LE orders for some time.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That said, you're just wrong, perryd.

I just love turning the corner in my gameroom and seeing the large dragon peering across the room.
I just like evil looking images and horror themed pins for the most part, thus the reason for changing my LE order to the more sinister SE edition! I could care less about what machine might be rarer than the other.

#18 5 years ago

SE, prefer the overall art package on it and the gold trim.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I like the LE too, just wondering how it could ever be more rare than the SE. They will continue to take LE orders for some time.

I don't know, doesn't really matter to me if they made LE's forever, Stern also, if they said they were remaking STLE's I couldn't care less. I buy an LE for just to get the best possible version not for LE status at all or any kind of investment. I like the armor on the LE that's the main reason for my choice to stick with THLE over SE.

#20 5 years ago

I went with SETH also.

#21 5 years ago

Never any doubt. SE all the way!

#23 5 years ago

SE, Gold hardware was the determining factor.

#24 5 years ago

Took a while to decide, but went with the SE, all things considered, the better package for me.

#25 5 years ago

Neither, I passed on both.

#27 5 years ago

LE for me. Family all chose it over SE.

#28 5 years ago

SE for me.

#29 5 years ago

LE I prefer the original art work and trim.

#30 5 years ago

SE, love the the Smaug cabinet art...

#31 5 years ago

Without prompting even the wife said too much Smaug , LE for me, plus not feeing the gold trim on the SE, haven't seen it person but from the pics it looks like that fake gold spray paint people try to put on their stuff to bling it out, not feelin it

#32 5 years ago

SE.

Did someone the decals upgrade?

#33 5 years ago

LE. Just too much Smaug for me. I prefer the LE art and Smaug toy.

#34 5 years ago

Indecisive for weeks then took the path of least resistance. LE I really think the cabinet art is more interesting and I have a 1-yeqr-old future pinball wizard that I don't want to have dragon nightmares. Really no bad choices here.

#35 5 years ago

I was on the fence for weeks... went SE in the 11th hour, only by a hair.

#36 5 years ago

SE by a 3 to 1 margin. Honestly, that's about what I would expect. I personally much prefer the SE.

#37 5 years ago

I haven't seen any of the Hobbit movies. I looked at the cabinet art and decided the dragon was cool. I'll probably end up buying the movies and watching them some day, but for right now it is all SE for me - f'n dragon on the side of that game looks cool.

#38 5 years ago

Couldn't live with the goblin king, so SE for me.

#39 5 years ago

The interesting question is which will be more in demand in one years time. My guess is SE but who can say. Man, I'm ready for these to start being shipped...not in on a preorder but I plan to snag this one.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The interesting question is which will be more in demand in one years time. My guess is SE but who can say. Man, I'm ready for these to start being shipped...not in on a preorder but I plan to snag this one.

I am really interested to see how it plays when done. I think with an open field with lots of targets is going to be fun. I am glad they didn't just do another WOZ with The Hobbit theme. I am glad they decided on a fan layout with a single playfield. Time will tell if it is a hit or a miss.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm in the same boat as you. Still interested in the pin despite my disappointment with the Expo reveal, really like how JJP has responded since then. I do have to play the pin before buying one down the road though, so it could be awhile before one makes its way into my collection.

Quoted from Goronic:

I am really interested to see how it plays when done. I think with an open field with lots of targets is going to be fun. I am glad they didn't just do another WOZ with The Hobbit theme. I am glad they decided on a fan layout with a single playfield. Time will tell if it is a hit or a miss.

Exactly.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Man, I'm ready for these to start being shipped.

Me too! I think TH is going to be a great game. Hope they ship in the 1Q 2015.

#43 5 years ago

It will be interesting to see how many SE's the distributors ordered. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be close to the same number of each. The distributors, including JJP's Pinball Sales, probably converted most of their LE orders to SE's, and will just order more LE's over time based on demand. The SE was clearly the more popular choice, so why wouldn't JJP produce the full 1000 games that the "convert your LE" approach allowed. This was really a creative way for Jack to probably double the number of LE's without upsetting original buyers like Ruby Red.

#44 5 years ago

According to JJP forum. LE way more than SE ordered.
I'm hearing no shipping till later March/early April.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

so why wouldn't JJP produce the full 1000 games that the "convert your LE" approach allowed.

I believe the LE run is 1500, not 1000.

#46 5 years ago

I think it is sad that we had to commit before playing it. I want either LE or SE but will buy neither until I have actual knowledge of game play.

#47 5 years ago

I regret that I won't get to see the thicker, shinier decals. Has anyone seen them and thinks they are actually worth the considerable extra expense?

#48 5 years ago

Who knows? Nobody will tell us what we're looking at when you see a machine in person. It's always a high-gloss decal, but is it the thicker one? And do you really NEED a thicker one in a home environment? The Hobbit flyer says both the LE and SE have "ultra high gloss" decals with an upgrade to thicker ones available. So I'm assuming they're both really shiny and you're just paying for thicker decals.

#49 5 years ago

Ill save the 400 and assume there should be no problem in the home environment unless you move your games around a lot. The only extra ill get is probably the playfield protector.

#50 5 years ago

That's certainly my inclination, but I wish I could see the others for myself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside