Now looking for a TSPP in Colorado

By dirtrider

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I was going to look at one today for a routed 3500 specimen. When I went to set up a time to look at it, person called back later and said it was sold to someone in CA. I'm telling you, it must be really nice to have thousands to throw around and buy all kinds of shit sight unseen. My hat's off to you wealthy folks out there where price is no issue! Just buy a NIB for f@ck sake! The woman running the show said they had another TSPP but it's on route. I told her the draw was to be able to set eyes on something before laying out big bucks. She said she can't pull one off route so I can see it. I talked with her last night about wanting to see it. What more does a guy have to do anymore? Seems as soon as I finally decide on a machine to go see, it's freakin' gone! Maybe its time to pick another, less frustrating hobby. Sorry for the rant, but this stuff is gettin' old.

#2 12 years ago

Ask What Location its at and go see it on location.

Operators are not in the business of selling games, most would rather not deal with it and trade them into a Distro because its not the focus of there business.

#3 12 years ago

Cheyenne Wells.

#4 12 years ago

I get your frustration and I bet some others do as well. Just stay patient TSPP is a very popular title so if you find one in good shape for a reasonable price you have to jump on it as quick as possible or it's gone. I didn't give TSPP enough credit a friend of mine recently got it and I was able to get some good play time on it and I must say it is a hell of a pinball machine. Good luck on the search keep your head up and eyes open the right deal will come along.

#5 12 years ago

Just googled the distance between Colorado Springs and Cheyenne Wells.. I can see why you haven't gone out there to try it, yet. If you have some time over the weekend I would make a little road trip of it. Google says 2:45, so it's probably more like 2:00, and looks to be a straight shot.

If you go, make sure to note everything that's wrong with it. Have him describe the game to you, he'll say good, working condition (of course). Then rebuttal with your list of problems, go to marcospecialties.com and show him what it would cost to replace any parts, including cracked ramps.

He may not come down a lot, but it should be enough to show him you're serious and maybe knock some cash off the top. Obviously not ideal to drive that far, maybe give them a call to ask if they'd bring it back if you'd buy it.

#6 12 years ago

Hahaha Cheyenne Wells, who the hell puts a pin on location there? I haven't been there in years, can't imagine it's gotten any better. What maybe 200 people there?

#7 12 years ago

I have found my frustration greatly reduced by adjusting my wishlist to fit within whats available. I also wait for the shows each year. Most everything you would want is there, and most are available for sale.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I have found my frustration greatly reduced by adjusting my wishlist to fit within whats available.

I agree with that philosophy! That is exactly what I do. I see something I may like, read up on it for a couple days, the spring right out and go see it. By then it's gone. Ive been to the last 2 shows and also agree on that. But it's almost 2 months away!

Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Hahaha Cheyenne Wells, who the hell puts a pin on location there?

I hear ya. But, I guess some of us have to cast a wide net to make a buck these days. I'm into making due these days in all sorts of ways since most of tech jobs left the Springs.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from dirtrider:

I hear ya. But, I guess some of us have to cast a wide net to make a buck these days. I'm into making due these days in all sorts of ways since most of tech jobs left the Springs.

My dad landed a job at honeywell. Have you looked there?

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

My dad landed a job at honeywell. Have you looked there?

I've applied a couple of times. I get no response. Lots of defense work here but, without a current security clearance, they won't talk to ya. 20 yrs in no longer enough. Now running into an age barrier. Stoopid gen-xer's.

#11 12 years ago

Yeah, My dad got in through a temp agency and got the security clearance with them. Maybe look at lockheed too. I know they are hiring right now. I think they help with clearance too.

Good luck. I feel lucky every day i have my job.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-looking-for-a-tspp-in-colorado and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.