PB220034.JPG
PB220032.JPG
PB220033.JPG
PB220031.JPG
PB220041.JPG
PB220030.JPG
PB220029.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Finally decided to use some bonus money and pick up my first pin... a Bally Elektra for $800. Seems to be a love/hate kinda game, but I enjoyed the couple of games I played on it before agreeing to purchase. Cabinet is rough (but not as rough as Aladdin's was!), definitely saw time in the field, but playing surfaces look good, if dirty. Hoping owning a machine lives up to the dream. lol

Post edited by JEFrank: Added additional info on cabinet

#2 9 years ago

I hope you didn't spend all your bonus money yet. Elektra will have neighbors soon.... Welcome. Let's see some pics of your score!

#3 9 years ago

Congrats with your purchase and welcome to pin-ownership!

#4 9 years ago

Start practicing saying this...
"Hi, my names Frank, and I'm a pinaholic"
Welcome!

#5 9 years ago

it starts with electra..... then a couple more, then you loose count , then you build an addition to your house as a game room.... best addition ever!

ENJOY!!

#6 9 years ago

Yep. It started with a golden tee. Then my genesis, then a silver slugger, then a Middle earth. My dining room is gone.

#7 9 years ago

congrats, you will have 10 before you know it

#8 9 years ago

Ha, I thought this would be a Funhouse thread.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from JEFrank:

Finally decided to use some bonus money and pick up my first pin... a Bally Elektra for $800. Seems to be a love/hate kinda game, but I enjoyed the couple of games I played on it before agreeing to purchase. Cabinet is rough, definitely saw time in the field, but playing surfaces look good, if dirty. Hoping owning a machine lives up to the dream. lol

Welcome to ownership. Welcome to Pinside. Welcome to high scores and multiplying machines. Welcome to frustration and exhilaration: the "almost there" and the "I never had a chance" and the "did you see that" with "unbelievable" following close behind. One of the best things I have ever done is get a pinball machine. Bought my first just over a year ago and am now up to four. Too much fun! Hope you feel the same after time goes by. And it will be ok if you get JUST one more. Happy high scores my friend.

#10 9 years ago

Make your second purchase yet? What's taking so long??!

#11 9 years ago

Welcome Frank!!

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

#12 9 years ago

welcome to the club! nobody can stop at just one

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ha, I thought this would be a Funhouse thread.

I thought OP got the multiball on TAF. Or broke his TAF

#14 9 years ago

Congrats! When is the 2nd coming? They multiply hella faster than you think

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from JEFrank:

Hoping owning a machine lives up to the dream. lol

It can be a pain when things are not working right but overall it's a blast to have your own. Like the others said, it's hard to stop at just one.

#16 9 years ago

Have a great time with it. This is by far the best hobby I've ever had (nearly 2 years in).

#17 9 years ago

Pics will get posted once the beast makes its move to my basement. Saw the machine last Friday... hemmed and hawed... decided to hold off. The guy wanted $1100 and had someone coming over to look at it on Saturday. Had finally decided I was going to offer him $750 since the Craigslist ad was still up this morning when he sent me a message saying he'd go as low as $800. Decided that was the sign I needed. lol

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from JEFrank:

Pics will get posted once the beast makes its move to my basement. Saw the machine last Friday... hemmed and hawed... decided to hold off. The guy wanted $1100 and had someone coming over to look at it on Saturday. Had finally decided I was going to offer him $750 since the Craigslist ad was still up this morning when he sent me a message saying he'd go as low as $800. Decided that was the sign I needed. lol

nice work being patient and getting the price you wanted. Can't wait to see the pictures.

#19 9 years ago

Sometimes you lose out when you hold out. Glad it worked out for you in this case.

#20 9 years ago

Congrats & welcome-great buying!!

#22 9 years ago

Elektra has migrated into the house. Not powered up yet, but here's the first photos...PB220029.JPGPB220029.JPGPB220030.JPGPB220030.JPGPB220032.JPGPB220032.JPGPB220031.JPGPB220031.JPGPB220033.JPGPB220033.JPGPB220038.JPGPB220038.JPGPB220039.JPGPB220039.JPGPB220040.JPGPB220040.JPGPB220034.JPGPB220034.JPGPB220035.JPGPB220035.JPGPB220036.JPGPB220036.JPGPB220037.JPGPB220037.JPGPB220041.JPGPB220041.JPG

#23 9 years ago

Now the fun begins... trying to level the table and finding that the nuts seem to be frozen in place. Sigh

#24 9 years ago

thats a great first pin! lots of neat stuff going on that PF!.

#25 9 years ago

Elektra was the only machine I sold at a loss.

That was ages ago, back in '92

It's also the only time I broke a painted backglass.

That's the reason for selling it at a loss.

#26 9 years ago

Still don't have her leveled, but played it some anyway. Everything seems functional, except sound is barely audible and it seems like the pot is broken from the board; voice works though. Need some caps on the plastics, a replacement gate for the middle ramp, and light bulb for the #2 target on the upper playfield... and probably need to remove the factory battery, think I see some corrosion. All in all, doesn't seem to bad for $800.

PB220001_1.JPGPB220001_1.JPG PB220002.JPGPB220002.JPG PB220004.JPGPB220004.JPG
1 week later
#27 9 years ago

Nice score!

Elektra was one of my first three pins. Got mine in a three package deal. Really fun game once you understand the rules. My sound wasn't working at all when I got it. Rebuilt the sound board with parts from big daddy. http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/ Make sure you get the two small pots too. If you have any questions PM me and feel free to stop by. I'm just south of you in Tecumseh off of M-52

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Nice score!
Elektra was one of my first three pins. Got mine in a three package deal. Really fun game once you understand the rules. My sound wasn't working at all when I got it. Rebuilt the sound board with parts from big daddy. http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/ Make sure you get the two small pots too. If you have any questions PM me and feel free to stop by. I'm just south of you in Tecumseh off of M-52

Thanks Robert. I'm probably going to "cheat" and send my sound and MPU boards out to be reworked. I'm just not sure enough of my soldering skills on anything smaller and more sensitive than a piece of 1/2" copper pipe. The hard part now is to stop looking at the Craigslist ads. lol

#29 9 years ago

Get that battery off ASAP!!! It is leaking, and will destroy your CPU soon. Make sure to research how to clean that board and install a remote battery holder before it's too late.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from JEFrank:

Thanks Robert. I'm probably going to "cheat" and send my sound and MPU boards out to be reworked. I'm just not sure enough of my soldering skills on anything smaller and more sensitive than a piece of 1/2" copper pipe. The hard part now is to stop looking at the Craigslist ads. lol

No problem. I hope you can get it working. It's a fun one. And yeah....do as sunking said. Cut that battery out ASAP. Take care.

#31 9 years ago

Can I simply cut it out for now or will I need to install a remote battery pack in order to continue playing the game? I'm trying to hold off until after Christmas to send the boards out.

#32 9 years ago

You should still be able to play without the battery. The machine will just not keep any saved settings/scores without a battery to retain them when the machine is powered off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-ive-done-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.