(Topic ID: 356336)

Now is a great time for pinball!!!

By SantaEatsCheese

62 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tappy (resized).jpeg
    A9D14BB5-84E9-420D-AAE8-DBE68EF2C3C7 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B035EB1F-3120-4933-AC9D-2B3C4854040D (resized).jpeg
    Lampin (resized).png
    aggressive-child-behavior-part1-thm-200x200 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8417 (resized).jpeg
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 62 days ago

Too much negativity on this site:

1. How many new pinball machines have we gotten this year? Pinside shows 20 since the beginning of 23. When is the last time we had this many companies making this many machines?
    2. Parts availability. I just picked up a 1979 Harlem Globetrotters. It has brand new repro boards in it and plays like greased lighting. You can get parts for just about anything now.
    3. How deep of a catalogue is there on pins you can buy now? How many different options does your local distributor carry?
    4. Pinball machines are back on location now. How many different pins are on location near you? Are there more now than there were 5 years ago?
    5. Ever play in a pinball league or in a tournament? Are there more opportunities for than now or 5 years ago... 30 years ago?
    6. How many pinball people do you know? Does it seem like there are more people into pinball now than there were when you got into the hobby?
    7. Pinball machines freaking rock right now. Every one of the top 10 is available for sale right now or has been remade in the past 5 years. There is also so much more to do in modern pinball machines (if thats your thing).
    8. More people are bringing more older pinball machines back to life. New boards, hardtops, backglasses, playfields, plastics, are bringing old machines back to life.
    9. With more people in the hobby its easier to buy/sell/trade than ever. Maybe not for top dollar, but if you want to trade your Turtles for Zeppelin, its easy!
    10. Pinball shows! So many pinball shows and it seems like there are more every year.
    11. Code is deeper than it ever has been.

Its a great time to buy a pinball machine. Its a great time to play a pinball machine. Its a great time to route a pinball machine.

Why is now a great time for pinball?

#2 62 days ago

ya this site is goofy af for sure

#3 62 days ago

I’m going to be too busy this summer to keep up with the negativity on here…

IMG_8417 (resized).jpegIMG_8417 (resized).jpeg
    #4 62 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Too much negativity on this site:
    1. How many new pinball machines have we gotten this year? Pinside shows 20 since the beginning of 23. When is the last time we had this many companies making this many machines?
    2. Parts availability. I just picked up a 1979 Harlem Globetrotters. It has brand new repro boards in it and plays like greased lighting. You can get parts for just about anything now.
    3. How deep of a catalogue is there on pins you can buy now? How many different options does your local distributor carry?
    4. Pinball machines are back on location now. How many different pins are on location near you? Are there more now than there were 5 years ago?
    5. Ever play in a pinball league or in a tournament? Are there more opportunities for than now or 5 years ago... 30 years ago?
    6. How many pinball people do you know? Does it seem like there are more people into pinball now than there were when you got into the hobby?
    7. Pinball machines freaking rock right now. Every one of the top 10 is available for sale right now or has been remade in the past 5 years. There is also so much more to do in modern pinball machines (if thats your thing).
    8. More people are bringing more older pinball machines back to life. New boards, hardtops, backglasses, playfields, plastics, are bringing old machines back to life.
    9. With more people in the hobby its easier to buy/sell/trade than ever. Maybe not for top dollar, but if you want to trade your Turtles for Zeppelin, its easy!
    10. Pinball shows! So many pinball shows and it seems like there are more every year.
    11. Code is deeper than it ever has been.
    Its a great time to buy a pinball machine. Its a great time to play a pinball machine. Its a great time to route a pinball machine.
    Why is now a great time for pinball?

It is not Pinside. It is just some negative pinsiders spreading their toxic negativity and sometimes it is infectious.
    Pinside is fantastic and there are many more positive pinsiders than negative ones. Owners threads are generally great and if you have an issue with a machine, there is normally someone that will step up and help you get it sorted.

The hobby is fantastic and Pinside is the go to place for a lot of people. New releases, shows, mods artwork, powder coating, Pcbs etc, etc are all to be found on Pinside. Pinside also brings a lot of people together in one place.

Pinball is in the best place it has been for years. Lots of manufacturers, plenty of arcades, and very popular again. Pinside is a large part of that success. I always choose to enjoy the hobby.

#5 62 days ago

Pinball brings sadness to the world .

#6 62 days ago

It's like 1994 all over again.

#7 62 days ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Pinball brings sadness to the world .

Sadness and anger is all that makes some people happy now. Pinball provides a valuable outlet for them too, so maybe that’s at least keeping some puppies from getting kicked.

For the rest of us pinball is still a good time.

I guess I’m happy that all the things I like about the hobby and have liked for the past 25 years - easy availability of games and resources to keep old ones running, and classic shows like Allentown - are all going strong. And there’s a new generation of people at the shows to replace all us geezers and give us someone to sell overpriced games to.

#8 62 days ago

This site isn't representative of pinball at large. There are 10 negative annoying fuck hole trolls that just post angry shit all day long and try and push their misery to others. Just put them on ignore just like the pinstadium guy and it's a much more pleasant environment.

This site is a fantastic resource filled with amazing generous people. Don't let the handful of miserable losers get you down.

#9 62 days ago

I think pinball helps bring out the kid in all of us.

aggressive-child-behavior-part1-thm-200x200 (resized).jpgaggressive-child-behavior-part1-thm-200x200 (resized).jpg
    #10 62 days ago
    Quoted from Deez:

This site isn't representative of pinball at large. There are 10 negative annoying fuck hole trolls that just post angry shit all day long and try and push their misery to others. Just put them on ignore just like the pinstadium guy and it's a much more pleasant environment.
    This site is a fantastic resource filled with amazing generous people. Don't let the handful of miserable losers get you down.

Uh-oh you said ignore they’re gonna moderate you now!

Agreed though. Some people get away with murder here and others get smacked immediately. It’s odd.

#11 62 days ago

Yeah, Pinside is a strange microcosm. Venom is super shit on by so many people, but I love the game. And apparently I'm not alone; Insider Connected data shows it's frequently a top earner on locations, and gets played like mad in homes. Totally checks out with my experience, because I constantly tell myself "one more game" with Venom more than any machine I've played in the past. I can throw down 20 games in a row without noticing what happened.

Pinball is in it's second golden age. We have more and better games now than ever. Maybe that just means there's more stuff for people to complain about?

#12 62 days ago

Sounds like a realtor.

#13 61 days ago

But I thought it was all about ball eating sharks
    I am really going to reevaluate my collection

#14 61 days ago
    Quoted from Casual:

Yeah, Pinside is a strange microcosm. Venom is super shit on by so many people, but I love the game. And apparently I'm not alone; Insider Connected data shows it's frequently a top earner on locations, and gets played like mad in homes. Totally checks out with my experience, because I constantly tell myself "one more game" with Venom more than any machine I've played in the past. I can throw down 20 games in a row without noticing what happened.
    Pinball is in its second golden age. We have more and better games now than ever. Maybe that just means there's more stuff for people to complain about?

Dude, venom is awesome
    Let the haters hate

#15 61 days ago

Pinside is Great !

Pinball people are good people.

Pinball is awesome!!!

#16 61 days ago
    Quoted from Deez:

ignore just like the pinstadium guy

This post sponsered by the NEW!! Megalodon Oxygen Copper Magnetosphere Wagon Queen Family Truckster Pinstadium Neo Atoms!

At only $10 per letter they are a steal!

#17 61 days ago

A great time for me. I have the best pinball line up in my business I've ever had.

A couple more coming. And two more next year.

Not counting surprises.

LTG : )

#18 61 days ago

Pinball is great. We have parts for the most part, games to pick from good ,bad and ugly. Having multiple makers. Now over priced yes.

#19 61 days ago

Lots of positive things happening, even in little Norway. More private locations starting up, lots of new tournament players, more tournaments!

The beer is ridiculously expensive though! And its freezing in the winter!

#20 61 days ago

It's a great time for pinball and also a great time to buy affordable Snickers bars (if you know where to look).

#21 61 days ago

Word, so sick of the whining from some guys because every single game doesn't check every single box for them, personally.

Pinball rules! Every game has something cool about it. High speed physics puzzles!

#22 61 days ago

I’m happy to report that even in my small town 100 miles west of Chicago we have a brand new Barcade. Shinnys.
    They have 8 brand new stern pros, many arcades and golf simulators. In a brand new building on the rock River.
    Never thought I’d see that here.
    And pinball is amazing now and I bet it becomes more competitive in pricing soon
    Life is good and with the negative dudes I just block them. Makes pinside much more how used to be! Thanks Robin and team.

#23 61 days ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

It's a great time for pinball and also a great time to buy affordable Snickers bars (if you know where to look).

Only if you can find the at a below average price.

#24 61 days ago
    Quoted from Deez:

There are 10 negative annoying fuck hole trolls that just post angry shit all day long and try and push their misery to others. Just put them on ignore

THIS. My Pinside experience has been substantially better (and much more positive) after blocking about a half dozen users who are often aggressively negative. I like talking with people who have different opinions than me (one of the cool parts of Pinside), but not like that.

#25 61 days ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

THIS. My Pinside experience has been substantially better (and much more positive) after blocking about a half dozen users who are often aggressively negative. I like talking with people who have different opinions than me (one of the cool parts of Pinside), but not like that.

Can't agree with this more. I don't like to ignore people that I disagree with because I think it's important to not live life in an echo chamber. Unfortunately, there are people on here that are just trolls and aren't acting in good faith in their discourse. So they aren't even worth engaging with.

#26 61 days ago

The following games are still available NIB at or below MSRP:
    Abba
    Alien
    Avengers: Infinity Quest
    Barry O’s BBQ Challenge
    Black Knight Sword of Rage
    Cactus Canyon
    Deadpoool
    Elton John
    Elvira’s House of Horrors
    Fathom
    Final Resistance
    Foo Fighters
    Galactic Tank Force
    Godzilla
    Guardians of the Galax
    Guns N Roses
    Halloween
    Hot Wheels
    Houdini
    Iron Maiden
    James Bond
    James Bond 60th
    Jaws
    John Wick
    Jurassic Park
    Jurassic Park Home Edition
    Labyrinth
    Led Zeppelin
    Legends of Valhalla
    Looney Tunes
    Oktoberfest
    Pulp Fiction
    Queen
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    The Big Lebowski
    The Godfather
    The Mandalorian
    The Princess Bride
    Toy Story 4
    Venom
    Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity

Thats 40 NIB pins you can snag right here from distributors listing on pinside. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/new-games

If you start looking at what is available lightly used HUO at $500+ off MSRP and are willing to drive... there are over 100 titles to choose from.

If you just want something to play? There are 1465 "used" pins for sale on pinside starting as los as $500 for a working machine.

If you want a pin... you have choices.

If you want to play on location the pinside map shows 45,056 pins at 11,852 public locations as of this morning.

#27 61 days ago

This is a great time for pinball.
    I have three arcades within a half-hour's drive from my house. Two of them have over 60 pins on the floor. I have access to new releases and classics.
    And I have three beloved pins inside my own home.

Pin Life is Good.

#28 61 days ago
    Quoted from ParkRangerPinball:

Word, so sick of the whining from some guys because every single game doesn't check every single box for them, personally.
    Pinball rules! Every game has something cool about it. High speed physics puzzles!

I love everything you said here.

"high speed physics puzzles" is an excellent description.

#29 61 days ago
    Quoted from Casual:

Pinball is in it's second golden age. We have more and better games now than ever. Maybe that just means there's more stuff for people to complain about?

I saw this with The Munsters also. Wish I would have jumped on them at 4700 back then.

But you got to say Venom LE for 8500 relisted 3 times already and another poster put his Venom up for 5k and hasn't gotten a single bite is concerning.

#30 61 days ago

Jaws Premium being ordered

#31 61 days ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

But you got to say Venom LE for 8500 relisted 3 times already and another poster put his Venom up for 5k and hasn't gotten a single bite is concerning.

Concerning if you're selling. Exciting if you're buying. Of course, most of us are doing both.

#32 61 days ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Concerning if you're selling. Exciting if you're buying. Of course, most of us are doing both.

Buying it definitely has me thinking about it. lol

I only played it a couple times at expo and I didn't hate it.

#33 61 days ago

Of the original list, could see these as eventually being viewed as classics and worth owning a new/like-new table of, in order to maintain it and keep it in good order:

Godzilla
    James Bond
    Jaws
    Jurassic Park
    Labyrinth
    Looney Tunes

Personally, am waiting a little on Jaws as I think there are engineering bugs to get worked out. Definitely am not a first mover

Seems like now is the best time to buy a NIB Godzilla, as the value holds and the price isn't coming down.

#34 61 days ago

It's the best it's been since the late 90s, that's for sure. the 2000s and first half of the 2010s were a bit of a dark age for pinball. It was pretty much Stern keeping the hobby alive and many of their machines from that period were pretty okay for the most part. Now, we have multiple medium and large Pinball designers cranking out multiple new machines a year. The quality of some of these tables has been amazing, the best since the Bally/Williams golden era.

As for this site, fandoms in general suck and there is always needless negativity, gate keeping, and all sorts of other nonsense that goes along with it. Pinball is probably one of the better communities. You should see how bad most car communities are...yikes!

#35 61 days ago

It's going great here. We have three new pinball locations that opened up 15 minutes from our house in different directions with about 14 machines each, plus another with 40+ that's been around. We can in play multiple tournaments every week if we want.

My wife is playing in a Women's league and because pinball is now a hobby for both of us, it's easier to get permission to buy another new machine for the house - I'm currently looking at Bond, Jaws, or Foo and a couple of Wicks will be showing up around here soon so I'm probably going to hold off until then before deciding.

#36 61 days ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

But where are the rock road snickers. Everyone has been out around me.

#37 61 days ago

Seeing infectious negativity play out in real time, this thread's activity (low) vs the countless others with joyless angry people still predicting doom and gloom (lots of posts).

#teampinballisfun

#38 61 days ago
    Quoted from ParkRangerPinball:

Seeing infectious negativity play out in real time, this thread's activity (low) vs the countless others with joyless angry people still predicting doom and gloom (lots of posts).
    #teampinballisfun

Why not post in both?

#39 61 days ago

It's the best of times, and everyone is miserable. Apply it to any subject...

#40 61 days ago

Why not post in both?

Inspired by your thread here, I tried making a constructive one that met an even worse fate... whatever. You try where you can!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-no-eat-ball-gun-gate-post-mortem

#41 61 days ago

How dare you start a positive thread at a time like this

#42 61 days ago

So this thread is where all the cool kids are lampin at

#43 61 days ago

Lampin?! Is that a new term the kids are using?

#44 61 days ago
    Lampin (resized).pngLampin (resized).png
    #45 60 days ago

I had to lookup lampin up,never heard the term before.

Lamping is hunting rabbits at night with a flashlight.
    Lampin is chilling out.

#46 60 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's the best of times, and everyone is miserable. Apply it to any subject...

I’m not miserable.

#47 60 days ago

Do used Pinball market is great right now. New inbox pricing is stupid. I am glad and agree that we have so many choices amongst Pinball companies. This is a definite plus. Just hope it drives down the pricing on new inbox Pinball.Keep flipping!!

#48 60 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's the best of times, and everyone is miserable.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.

#49 60 days ago

Yes, now seems like a great time. I’m certainly enjoying the hobby and the people I meet. My family enjoys pinball so far too and it’s really fun to have my kids, grand kids, in-laws, and friends over to play. I like working on broken machines almost as much as playing them.

#50 60 days ago

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” (I see the more complete quote above, another gentleman of culture.)
    Great choice of machines — but priced out. Bad Canadian dollar doesn’t help.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.