• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RTR
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

grill.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jean-Luc-Picard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

How about the Speaker Grill? Anyone know where I can find them so I don't have to screen my own.

#10 9 years ago

I can screen them. But I want "certified" Bally/Williams grills. All else fails I will make them as I really cant stand the black ones I have now.

#12 9 years ago

In Indiana Jones case. You first spray paint the grill tan. Then silk screen the logo. No different than screening anything else. Prob use a heat resistant spray paint if I would run it down my conveyor oven to cure the ink. But I think standard spray paint could handle the few seconds of heat. Or use a curing additive. You could screen the tan as well, but I assume the tan is suppose to be inside the holes not just the surface. If not, then you would just screen both colors.

#15 9 years ago

You take the grill off. Its only held on by a staple. In my case I have a screen printing studio so I use a conveyor oven. The home brew option is a stencil and spray-paint or airbrush.. I was thinking of offering people vinyl stencils that you could apply and spray paint the logo. I can post a example of the modified design if anyone is interested. Someone posted a thread recently about grills being available soon so the stencil idea was something I would use while I waited. He claims they will be certified Williams grills which is what I want vs making my pirated version lol.

1 week later
#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'd like to see the modified design.

The best option would be to screen print the design, but I would prob get in trouble if I screened this for people. The other option is a stencil and spray paint. This is a modified design for a stencil. I still want licensed grills, but I think this would still work while we wait. .

Would spray paint the grill tan. Then the outside part of the stencil would be put down first to get your center. Then the design would be added last with some windex and wet/slide method.

grill.jpggrill.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jean-Luc-Picard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-available-indiana-jones-speaker-panels-next-up-sttng?tu=Jean-Luc-Picard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.