(Topic ID: 209503)

**Now Available** Gottlieb System 1 NVRAM Battery Eliminator

By acebathound

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gottliebsys1_nvram.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

gottliebsys1_nvram.jpggottliebsys1_nvram.jpg

GOTTLIEB SYSTEM 1 NVRAM

This is an nvram module (Battery Eliminator!) for Gottlieb System 1 games. Allows you to get rid of batteries on these games and replace with an NVRAM chip that does not need batteries to hold the high scores. These games require a specialized nvram module to allow the nvram to work properly since they utilize the separate data inputs and outputs on the 5101 RAM.

http://www.pinitech.com/products/gottlieb_sys1_nvram.php

This design is actually by @cactusjack. I had my own sys1 nvram module in-development, but had not completely finalized or ordered volume of boards in. CactusJack had created his own Sys1 nvram design & had extra boards and components that he sent along to me so I could test the market for this type of module. Many thanks to him for offering to send those along! And of course he'll get a bit of kick-back on any sales to pay for the materials, etc.

Works with the following Gottlieb System 1 Games:

• Asteroid Annie
    • Buck Rogers
    • Charlie's Angels
    • Close Encounters
    • Count Down
    • Dragon
    • Genie
    • Incredible Hulk
    • Joker Poker
    • Pinball Pool
    • Roller Disco
    • Sinbad
    • Solar Ride
    • Torch
    • Totem

**NOTE: REQUIRES SOLDERING / DESOLDERING EXPERIENCE**
    This is not plug-and-play and will require soldering/desoldering experience to install. You must remove the 5101 SRAM chip at located at Z22 on an original Gottlieb System 1 MPU and install the included 22-pin IC socket in its place. You should also replace the CR26 diode with a jumper to give the nvram a full 5v.

LIMITED AVAILABILITY
    I only have about 8x assembled boards at the moment with parts I was sent. If there's enough interest I'll order in some more parts for the remaining pcbs I have in-stock and go from there

INTRODUCTORY PRICE & FEEDBACK REQUESTED
    Introductory price is $19.95! This is being offered at this price to get some feedback on the design and get it out into some people's machines. If for some reason the module does not work for you, I'll offer a full refund upon return of the module. Module will be tested in a RAM Tester & also via checksum test before being sent out.

PRODUCT LINK:
    http://www.pinitech.com/products/gottlieb_sys1_nvram.php

Let me know if any questions!

---
    http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
    NVRAM, kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from german-pinball:

Great board ... as all your products!!!
    Let me put it in my sinbad, so please sent me the price including shipping costs to germany. Will pay by paypal at once.

Credit to CactusJack -- his boards I'm just doing the grunt work of soldering up extra parts he had. I had my own design going.. but last left off with realizing there was incompatibility with the RAMTRON part. SRAM worked okay in my prototype, but I sold the machine I was using for testing before figuring out I could have slapped a SIMTEK in it and it would have likely worked. Anyway, since CactusJack had boards this was an easier way to get something out there and test the market. Looking like very low volume so far, as expected. Yours is the only interest so far. Considering most people don't mess with repairing Sys1 boards and they're not super popular machines, market is as-expected. But I'm happy making the option available.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acebathound.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-available-gottlieb-system-1-nvram-battery-eliminator?tu=acebathound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.