(Topic ID: 81406)

novus 2 -- is there a better product out there?

By getbettersam

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by JoeJet
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WAX.jpg
    NOVUS-2.jpg
    NOVUS-3.jpg
    SCRATCHES.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from getbettersam:

I(s there any product that's works better then novus 2 on your playfield? Or works the same and cheaper

Just about everything else is better. Novus 2 is a rubbing compound not a play field cleaner. It is not a wax. It does not protect. It should never be used on a playfield. Clean it with a cleaner like simple green, wax it with a carnuba wax. Throw the novus away.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

Because using Novus 2 leaves a great shine but other similar products i have tried dont.
    We are not talking going nuts using Novus 2 here.. this is only for cleaning/polishing clearcoated playfields and I am not aware of anyone ever tearing through clearcoat with novus even using a drill/polish pad. (which is what you do with the treasure cove kit anyway)

Actually, I know of someone that was using novus 2 to clean ball wear marks by hand and ended up with wood showing.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

What is the difference between Simple Green and Isopropyl alcohol cleaning wise. I typically use the alcohol for cleaning. Is the simple green a better cleaning product ?

Simple green heavy duty cleaner. Comes in a purple concentrate you mix. It's very strong and bio degrade able. You can douse your ramps in it, star posts, playfields. Its great stuff.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

What game? Pics?

Addams family. Game is long sold. People don't keep games forever nor would I be rushing to a friends house to post pics on a forum lol.

#41 10 years ago

Clean your playfields once properly then keep the waxed with a real wax and you'll never need to "polish" them again, seriously. This is also why you want to wax your brand new games from the start.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/novus-2-is-there-a-better-product-out-there?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.