(Topic ID: 81406)

novus 2 -- is there a better product out there?

By getbettersam

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by JoeJet
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WAX.jpg
    NOVUS-2.jpg
    NOVUS-3.jpg
    SCRATCHES.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

It's not that Novus 2 won't work or is the worst ever. It is that why not use something far less abrasive if it works really well? I.e - simple green or something similar. I always clean with the least abrasive item that still does a good job.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

Because using Novus 2 leaves a great shine but other similar products i have tried dont.
    We are not talking going nuts using Novus 2 here.. this is only for cleaning/polishing clearcoated playfields and I am not aware of anyone ever tearing through clearcoat with novus even using a drill/polish pad. (which is what you do with the treasure cove kit anyway)

Right. I highly doubt you'd tear through any clearcoat on a nice PF. But I can clean with simple green, then use alcohol to get rid of any simple green hidden residue and wax. it shines like crazy

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Where does one buy simple green locally at? I have looked before with no luck in IA. Is this the correct product ?
    amazon.com link »

Home depot and lowes both carry it and I end up picking it up there. Walmart also had it when I was there a while back, but been a long while

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

What is the difference between Simple Green and Isopropyl alcohol cleaning wise. I typically use the alcohol for cleaning. Is the simple green a better cleaning product ?

I use the simple green first and it gets rid of dirt a lot better and then the alcohol 70% mix next to remove any residue then wax. If you dont remove simple green residue it may not shine as well

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/novus-2-is-there-a-better-product-out-there?tu=jrivelli and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.