2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by radium
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

As a Pinside+ user that browses the market subforums frequently, I would like to be notified any time a new thread is started, so that I am less likely to miss out on a "for sale" thread for a hard to find part. I believe this would add great value to the paid Pinside+ features.

Notification for any thread posted globally is good enough. Being able to "subscribe" to individual subforums is even better. I use this a lot on stock Xenforo sites and really like it.

Example of why I'm requesting this: Recently a PFS thread was started with a couple of hard-to-find WPC transformers for sale. I missed out because I didn't know they were listed until I got home and checked the site.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

I would like to be notified any time a new thread is started

You want a hundred notifications every day just for pinball stuff? This is the opposite of what I want in my digital life

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

You want a hundred notifications every day just for pinball stuff? This is the opposite of what I want in my digital life

If that’s what it takes, yes. I’m building a game from scratch and there’s parts that might only pop up once a year. It’s definitely worth $35/year to me to get notified when a part comes up.

If we can choose subforums this is a non-issue though, because there aren’t that many sale threads posted.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/notifications-when-a-new-thread-is-started?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.