(Topic ID: 12298)

Nothing makes my day like Demolition Time!!!!!!!!!!!!

By thedarkknight77

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Geocab
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DM.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I am on this sight everyday and I read about people paying $6000-$10000 for pins......Well, I have played almost all of them and my $1350 DM blows most of them away. Aside from the art and theme, this is one of the best pins ever! Ramps & flow are second to none..............Clearly I am still riding the high of beating my high score.

#2 12 years ago

That's why it ranks more highly in bang for bucks, machine I am thinking about as there a plenty around at a reasonable price and it's a Williams machine..

#3 12 years ago

I love my Demolition Man when I had it for almost a year. Some other good bang for buck games that come to my mind are Johnny Mnemonic, Judge Dredd, Last Action Hero, Jurassic Park and Congo.

#4 12 years ago

Demo Man is great! One of my favorite pins once you get past that ugly backglass.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from klark:

Demo Man is great! One of my favorite pins once you get past that ugly backglass.

lmao at my profile avatar. i love this backglass actually. i guess it takes me back to cheesy early 90's movies

i think my record demolition time score was 1,200,000,000

#6 12 years ago

Amen, brother. Paid 1100 for mine and don't think it will leave the collection for a long time.

As for demolition time... I have a hard time making it there. But it sure is satisfying when I do!

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

[]

i think my record demolition time score was 1,200,000,000

I just passed the 2 billion mark today, what a rush. It is amazing to me how unpredictable a game of pinball can really be. I once got 850m on the first ball and had two extra balls and only got 1.4 billion. The game I had today where i got over 2 billion, I only got 65m on the first ball.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

I love my Demolition Man when I had it for almost a year. Some other good bang for buck games that come to my mind are Johnny Mnemonic, Judge Dredd, Last Action Hero, Jurassic Park and Congo.

Haven't played LAH, but I like your list of bang for the buck pins. I'd add Road Show and BSD to the list.

#9 12 years ago

I really DIG DM and Nordman games are growing on my fast!

#10 12 years ago

Here is the original DM translite which Wesley Snipes apparently rejected because he didn't like the way he was portrayed.

Another underrated and fast Nordman game is Indianapolis 500.

DM.jpgDM.jpg

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The game I had today where i got over 2 billion, I only got 65m on the first ball.

My record was 9+B when I sold it... and I'm still trying to pry it from the guy I sold it from. I needed it at the time to fund my lotr, as all the lotr's that were coming up were right after I bought another expensive machine.

#12 12 years ago

I don't have a big collection but I've had this game before. I'll take a Rollergames any day over one of these. The cyro claw is a great design...........just implemented poorly. It stayed the least amount of time out any pinball I've ever had.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Here is the original DM translite which Wesley Snipes apparently rejected because he didn't like the way he was portrayed.

I actually like it better than the regular one.

#14 12 years ago

I know I've been toying with the idea of trading mine off lately, but then I have a morning like today where I was just flowing with this game, I finally broke 2.5 Billion and I was having a blast. I kept thinking how shallow the ruleset is but that it did not matter, I really do love this game. The real kicker is how great this game is for the price. I actually like the triggers too!

I'll be honest I'll probably never drop 6-8k for a game, I just can't rationalize it to myself. When you play something like DM or another "b" game and its good you feel like you find a secret jackpot, good price and a great game. It doesn't hurt that during the 90's I LOVED action movies (they came out like once a month remember?) and Stallone was king......cliffhanger anyone!

Ryan

#15 12 years ago

Traded mine away last week. It's a fast, smooth ramp game but it's just too easy. It's probably the best looking LED conversion I've ever seen though.

I'll remember it fondly.

-F

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Traded mine away last week. It's a fast, smooth ramp game but it's just too easy.

How many times have you scored the Demo Time Jackpot? That is quite hard to get to. People talk about DM being too simple and easy. There are only 5 game modes, yes, but relighting the modes is a challenge, like in lotr, and there are 4 MB modes, and getting to the final one, and scoring the DT jackpot isn't done frequently. There are also many other things to do, retina scan, car crash, many things increased with handle use and triggers.

DM is a great machine.

#17 12 years ago

The local market up here is pretty high and good deals only come up once in a blue moon. DM is still one of the best bang for buck pins up here. This game kept my attention for over a year playing in other people's collection and owning it. The only reason I sold it was because I wanted a change and something else I wanted came up. If I had thought of to sell my pool table I probably would still have it cause mine was a very nice example except for the worn top handles. It went to a good home and I get to play my old machine every now and then if I am in their area but their kids love it. I also really enjoy watching others play too because the ball is constantly on the move!

http://vimeo.com/33606800

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

thedarkknight77 said:The game I had today where i got over 2 billion, I only got 65m on the first ball.
    My record was 9+B when I sold it... and I'm still trying to pry it from the guy I sold it from. I needed it at the time to fund my lotr, as all the lotr's that were coming up were right after I bought another expensive machine.

Wow, good score!

My GC is 2,407,019,460

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

My record was 9+B when I sold i

solid man, my high is 7.4 bil, with a 6.5 deg pitch, 3 ball. do or die.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

solid man, my high is 7.4 bil, with a 6.5 deg pitch, 3 ball. do or die.

Mine is set up the same. My personal high is 3.2 billion or something like that, I wouldn't know because my buddy has Grand Champ and 4 scores above mine... *sigh* His top score is just a bit under 8 billion.

#21 12 years ago

Making want to play mine but I can't right now because the handles are off being chromed!

#22 12 years ago

It's a good game, I just wish it didn't seem like the sounds are coming out of a clock radio

Mine's a keeper though.

1 year later
    #23 10 years ago

What is the wizard mode? What do you have to do?

#24 10 years ago

Great pin. Often not so cheap any more as a result. Now in the low 2s in good condition.

#25 10 years ago

Now all restaurants are Tacobell.

#26 10 years ago

Smell the bell! Its taco hell!

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from klark:

All I see is Sandra !,,,

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

It's a good game, I just wish it didn't seem like the sounds are coming out of a clock radio

Mine's a keeper though.

Put a cheap external sub on it. This game really rocks with the bass!!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

Put a cheap external sub on it. This game really rocks with the bass!!

+1 on this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nothing-makes-my-day-like-demolition-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.