Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Notes?”

• Notes 17 votes
      50%
    • No notes 17 votes
      50%

(34 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6a00e54ee7b6428833014e891bbe82970d-500wi (resized).png
    79D08442-12B5-411A-8B76-1FB1B9CEE1E6 (resized).png
    37ABCD49-AA04-4C5E-AA62-B270F3D6352C.gif
    C96B570A-7145-4C5C-B824-0F3071E6B2A4.gif
    A1A2520E-AF55-4509-BBB7-DFB8DE433215 (resized).png

#1 5 months ago

I would like to have the ability to add personal notes to pinside profiles. Often I see someone post something that makes me think, “I never want to do business with this person.” It would be great if I could add a note to a profile, that only I can see, to remind me when I’m buying or selling a game.
    I don’t necessarily want to block everyone I don’t want to deal with. But if I notice someone treats other people poorly or treats their games poorly, it would be nice to note.

#2 5 months ago

Add a note to my profile that I think you have an awful idea here.

#3 5 months ago

If you can’t keep a list of petty grievances you have with other pinsiders in your head you have no business doing the Forum thing!!

You just made the list!!!!

#4 5 months ago

I dont know I think I am pretty despicable
    But thats just me.

#5 5 months ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

I would like to have the ability to add personal notes to pinside profiles. Often I see someone post something that makes me think, “I never want to do business with this person.” It would be great if I could add a note to a profile, that only I can see, to remind me when I’m buying or selling a game.
    I don’t necessarily want to block everyone I don’t want to deal with. But if I notice someone treats other people poorly or treats their games poorly, it would be nice to note.

Queue list of “YOUR LIST JUST MADE MY LIST!” comments.

Steam (online gaming platform) has a function like this and it’s helped me many times. There are lots of scammers out there. My online gaming profile is high ranked and has thousands of dollars worth of virtual “swag” I get many friend requests and invites from people who’d like to play games with me but also love to attempt to scam me. So when a random person adds me I make a note “random person/possible scammer/wants to join party” after 13 years of gaming, I’m usually right on the money.

It’s a good idea and it also helps keep track of friends who you might not recognize because they change their profile pic constantly. Let’s be real here, most of us see a profile picture and recognize that versus the username. It’s just how we are. I kinda wish we could add private patterns to people for our own identification purposes so we don’t have to rely on avatars that are always changing! *cough cough* Levi *cough*

#6 5 months ago

You could do this with pen and paper or any word processing software including Google drive for free.

#7 5 months ago

hahaha

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you can’t keep a list of petty grievances you have with other pinsiders in your head you have no business doing the Forum thing!!
    You just made the list!!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/51196335890/in/dateposted/

#8 5 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

You could do this with pen and paper or any word processing software including Google drive for free.

Exactly. Why spend Pinside resources on a feature that anyone who cares can already utilize with existing solutions?

#9 5 months ago

Sounds like a recipe for creating animosity. Not a good idea.

#10 5 months ago
    A1A2520E-AF55-4509-BBB7-DFB8DE433215 (resized).png
    #11 5 months ago

A pinside circle of trust?

C96B570A-7145-4C5C-B824-0F3071E6B2A4.gif
    #12 5 months ago

Let me head you off at the pass:

Beelzeboob is a dick.

#13 5 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let me head you off at the pass:
    Beelzeboob is a dick.

37ABCD49-AA04-4C5E-AA62-B270F3D6352C.gif
    #14 5 months ago
    79D08442-12B5-411A-8B76-1FB1B9CEE1E6 (resized).png
    #15 5 months ago

Likely with this thread you will have a huge head start on your list lol.

#16 5 months ago

Looks like I’m in the minority. I was thinking it would be a good way to remember times someone said they would show up to buy a game and never came, or came and played the game for an hour and said “I’ll check with my wife”, or someone’s house smells like dead mice. Stuff like that.

Notes are already implemented in your collection. I use them to keep maintenance logs and remember mods I add when it comes time to sell a game. Seems like it would be easy to have the same feature for pinsiders.

I don’t understand why it would be a bad idea or cause animosity, as long as the notes are private.

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Likely with this thread you will have a huge head start on your list lol.

Haha, if I were making a list of people that disagree with me I’d be on my way.

#18 5 months ago

Why stop there? Additionally, when you add the note it sends them a DM letting them know they made your list! Gotta collect them all.

#19 5 months ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

That's actually a great idea.

A little private flag that would pop up if you were about to contact someone who you had previously noted - possibly years earlier.

"Ah shlt, that's the guy who makes the playfields where the ink peels up" or "I forgot, that's the craphole that still owes me the Genie plastic from 4 years ago"

#20 5 months ago

And why not positive notes- this is the guy that I owe a beer, was a great buyer or helped me out, etc.

#21 5 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's actually a great idea.
    A little private flag that would pop up if you were about to contact someone who you had previously noted - possibly years earlier.
    "Ah shlt, that's the guy who makes the playfields where the ink peels up" or "I forgot, that's the craphole that still owes me the Genie plastic from 4 years ago"

These are great examples of how notes would be useful. Much better than what I described in my original post. From the reactions, my intention may have been misunderstood.
    Thank you for helping me clarify.

#22 5 months ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

These are great examples of how notes would be useful. Much better than what I described in my original post. From the reactions, my intention may have been misunderstood.
    Thank you for helping me clarify.

Not misunderstood at all. It's just a flat out bad idea to people who don't dwell on the negative. I have changed my opinion on people many times and given people a second chance. I would like to hope that others would do the same for me.

If someone hasn't wronged you enough that you can remember it maybe it wasn't all that serious. Sounds like a feature the price police would like. If someone lists a game at a price you don't agree with make yourself a note so when they sell something you want you remember not to buy it.

#23 5 months ago
    6a00e54ee7b6428833014e891bbe82970d-500wi (resized).png
    #24 5 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

This is what I've done, old school pencil and paper in hand.

John

#25 5 months ago

My list of Pinsiders who "I would not pi** on if they were on fire" is two people
    I do not think I will have trouble remembering them

#26 5 months ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

My list of Pinsiders who "I would not pi** on if they were on fire" is two people
    I do not think I will have trouble remembering them

#27 5 months ago

Don't worry beelzeboob , the odds of you catching on fire is.

Hmmmm............. better get one of them pocket fire puter outerers.

LTG : )

#28 5 months ago

....impressed that you think I can pi** that far

neither person lives in the USA

#29 5 months ago

I think you guys are missing the OP’s point.

#30 5 months ago

@ OP you could just put a dodgy dealer on ignore
    I would have also suggested sending yourself a PM, but that is not possible on pinside

#31 5 months ago

For $5 a PM I will be happy to send you a PM to remind you which pinsiders you think are assholes.

Pm for details!

#32 5 months ago

It would be convenient for leaving notes for myself. You know, like "Remember to buy milk tomorrow" or "Are you EVER going to clean out the garage? Looks like a tornado ripped thru a rummage sale in there."

#33 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For $5 a PM I will be happy to send you a PM to remind you which pinsiders you think are assholes.
    Pm for details!

How often are you planning on sending these out?
    Depending on frequency it could be a financial burden or a real bargain.

#34 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pm for details!

I suck at reading.....
    I blame the Scotch.

#35 5 months ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

... or treats their games poorly, it would be nice to note.

Weird.

#36 5 months ago

Sort of, but then again - if you went to someone’s house to look at a game and it and all 10 of his or her games all look like shit and you pass on the buy.. could be worth noting to save you a trip 5 years later.

I think it’s a great idea. Sure you can pencil/paper it and then Lose it during a move, but you can pencil lots of things on here — change battery dates, price trends of recent sales, etc. it’s not like there’s a finite amount of improvements that can be made here and then that’s it. It can go on a list of potential features to add.

Not really about the stupid grievances. More about the pinsiders that pull complete dick moves on others during sales— or the rare cases people get kudos for being awesome sellers (although, that often can be verified in their feedback too)

#37 5 months ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

I dont know I think I am pretty despicable
    But thats just me.

Nope. There are many others here besides just you.

#38 5 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Nope. There are many others here besides just you.

Yes you are

#39 5 months ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

....all look like shit and you pass on the buy.. could be worth noting to save you a trip 5 years later.

The personal stuff is the only thing thst makes sense to me. Condition is king, what do I care what it looked like 5 years ago? Plenty of mybgames looked like shit before I bought them.

Maybe its just the verbiage. People whom "treat their games poorly" sounds like diaper rubber shorthand to me.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside