7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Linkage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Linkage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Picked this gem up this week and I'm loving it without even having played it.

Here is where I am at, and I'm not sure where to start. Working without the manual unfortunately. If you have scans......
Otherwise I'll be ordering one shortly.

Flippers, slingshots and all the bumpers are dead. None of the coils are firing.

They do work for the drop targets and all the kick out holes. They register (sounds, points etc) but dont fire.

Fuses are all good, except 26 (or was it 46, I need to double check) which had a blow 2 amp in there. Swapped a new one in and it blew right away. Without a manual I don't even know what that fuse is for or who the coils are interconnected.

Are the power for all these coils routed through the small capacitor board? Or is it more likely there is a break somewhere in the line feeding power to these coils? (assuming they are daisy chained). I wish I had a circuit diagram to check.

I need to check the coils for voltage as I just took a brief look at the machine last night.

Any suggestions on a starting point?

#3 7 years ago

Thanks so much!

Getting weirder now too. The moment I start a game all general illumination goes dead.

#6 7 years ago

Crap. Hadn't even noticed that, since I had not downloaded it yet. Thanks though. Also thanks for the info, will dig into it with that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Linkage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-sure-where-to-start-with-cactus-jacks?tu=Linkage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.