(Topic ID: 8141)

Not sure what to charge. What do you think is fair?

By the_pin_family

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hawkeye11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo-47.JPG
photo-46.JPG
photo-44.JPG
photo-48.JPG
photo-45.JPG

#1 7 years ago

I bought this on CL on a whim and after picking up more pins I just dont have room for it. Its in great shape and works well. Ive never seen another one for sale and there were very few made. Its a 1971 Bally Double-up bingo pin. I have an extra BG in perfect condition and backbox, complete and working. Im not sure what to ask for it. I know many of you buy and sell pins so Im wondering what you would charge. What price is fair? Heres some pics to make it easier. Thanks all.

photo-45.JPG photo-48.JPG

#2 7 years ago

more pics.

photo-44.JPG photo-46.JPG photo-47.JPG

#3 7 years ago

Don't be too hasty to unload it to what you think the first "reasonable" offer might be.

You may have something special on your hands: the 2010 Mr. Pinball price guide shows only 55 being made and has assigned a value of $$$ to the game.

I'm not sure exactly what $$$ means in actual dollars on this game; only that they usually only assign this symbol to games that command big bucks.

You need some expert advice now on this one.

#4 7 years ago

WOW. That makes me wonder what I have. Who is an "expert" and where do I find him/her?

#5 7 years ago

On ipmd the one that shows only 55 produced is a totally different game than this one.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3069&picno=2750

That said.. it does say this next to the bingo model which you have:

We had previously indicated an estimated production run of 100 units, but we have removed that information because two serial numbers pictured in this listing represent two games made over three hundred units apart.

#6 7 years ago

Just checked the serial numbers on both my backboxes and there 250 apart.

#7 7 years ago

There have been a couple in the past few months on Ebay, but the listings have expired to where ya can't see the sold price....Boston Pinball lists one sold for $821.

#8 7 years ago

So then what's it worth with an extra backbox and BG?1200$? The backbox on these is the heart of the machine. I would like to know the condition of the $821 one.

#9 7 years ago

heres some info I guess on the game number and play rules: http://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/double_up/

this looks pretty similar ebay.com link » Bally London Pinball Machine Bingo

#10 7 years ago

You might try posting a price check on rgparchives.com. There's alot of EM guys that hang out there. If it's worth something, your mailbox will be full of offers.

#11 7 years ago

I don't know about this machine. But in my experience these things are hard to even give away. I agree with robertmee try posting on RGP. Theres some Bingo guys on there.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

On ipmd the one that shows only 55 produced is a totally different game than this one.

Looks like someone may have got their wires crossed in the Mr. Pinball price guide.

The guide says there were only 55 Double-Ups made in 1971 and assigns it the $$$ valuation.

Then they don't even mention the Double-Up made in 1970 (that apparently was the one they were referencing with the $$$ valuation).

Obviously further research required, but would obviously think the big bucks would go to the pin over a bingo game.

Oh well, keep us posted.

#13 7 years ago

The 1970 Bally Double up is a pinball machine, Mr Pinball got the date wrong. Pinball Eric has it listed at $2500/$1650/$875.

The one that sold for $821 on Boston Pinball is the 1970 Pinball Machine.

I would guess the Double Up Bingo pictured in this thread would fetch a couple hundred tops. Unless its some rare, collectable (for some reason) Bingo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 109.99
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.99
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside