Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Good evening guys,

today I finally found a store carrying a lot of good older Stern machines to fair prices, however this seems to be to good to be true. Their website looks professional however there is no real information if the machines are used and also just stock Stern pictures. This may mean nothing, but I just want to make sure, especially cuz I am a beginner in this bussiness.

What do you think?

http://gametablesusa.com/Store/tabid/14582/CatID/86/Pinball_Machines.aspx

Thank you already for your answers!

Kap

#2 7 years ago

These are fair prices? They look about as "stock" as the photos. You might want to search harder

#3 7 years ago

You can do a lot better than those prices.

#4 7 years ago

That site looks out of date.

#5 7 years ago

Heh, if I'd have begun searching like two days earlier I'd have catched this nice Batman TDN offer right here... but yeah, no luck. ;D

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from KapitanPronin:

Heh, if I'd have begun searching like two days earlier I'd have catched this nice Batman TDN offer right here... but yeah, no luck. ;D

Rumor, Stern may be working on a Batman 60s edition.

#7 7 years ago

Batman, yes

#8 7 years ago

Sounds good. I am more interested in a TDK tho. And you say about 5000 bucks is too much? I haven't seen any lower than 4700.

#9 7 years ago

$4500 is about average from what I've seen

#10 7 years ago

Sounds good. I am more interested in a TDK tho. And you say about 5000 bucks is too much? I haven't seen any lower than 4700.

If you want one right now, you may have to go with a dealer like them. If you're willing to wait, you should be able to find one for less. You can post a wanted ad on here for something in your area and you may get lucky. You could also go to some shows coming up and check out games for sale there. You may even find something better than TDK.

Edit: Looks like you have a wanted ad. Have you played the game before or do you just like the theme?

#11 7 years ago

Both. We want to buy one as a family, and even tho I'd be interested in one of the classic 90s machines we thought that buying a newer one which is still supported is better for our first machine. I still like the theme tho... especially cuz of the Joker!

#12 7 years ago

Stern is good about support, but if you're that worried about it be sure to set aside about $400 for any repairs. They all break, sometimes constantly.

Have a few bucks around in case you need to call a pinball repair person.

we thought that buying a newer one which is still supported is better for our first machine.

#13 7 years ago

Sounds good, thank you already for your support!

Anyway, what'd you say where to look for the Batman TDK? MD doesn't seem to be a pinball paradise and here on Pin I have only seen like three in the past months and they were all sold quickly.

#14 7 years ago

There's a bunch of dealers you could call to see if they have one but be warned their price will likely be higher than you could get from an individual. I've never heard of the dealer you listed. There located in Louisiana so it would be hard to go check out the game.

Tilt Amusements in Ohio
    Great American Pinball in Chicago
    Automated in Conn.

GAP shows a TDK in stock but you may have to call them to check.

#15 7 years ago

LOL. Any game I see 3 times locally for sale in one year I'd consider very common. The prices you pay when your looking for a title are different than the ones you pay if you're seeking the game out.

If you buy a game retail, I'd do it from a local retailer. You are paying for service, warranty etc, a local shop will be in a much better position to help you when the game breaks. No, It doesn't mean cross country shops can't call a local tech, I just think you're service is better if their techs are local.

I have only seen like three in the past months and they were all sold quickly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-sure-if-gametablesusa-is-legit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.