You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hole (resized).png
IMG_0569 (resized).JPG
IMG_3147 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

This is the bar across the lane where the ball launches, not the ball return gate at the far top but this is near the spinner on the right side. Sometimes when the ball doesn't go all the way up the spinner, the ball will drop back through this area and land on the launcher again. I think I remember there used to be a gate on the bottom of this bar so the ball could only go back into play, not return to be launched again into play. Am I correct on this and if so, what is the correct name for this gate?

IMG_3147 (resized).JPGIMG_3147 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

There has been a wireform gate on both Argosi I've played

#3 6 years ago

Shooter lane wire form.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from mikat11:

Shooter lane wire form.

Looking at the metal there doesn't appear to be a hole on either side so I'm guessing if the part is available it's going to be sold with the wire attached already but that the gate part isn't something to purchase separately.

#5 6 years ago

There should be a hole on both sides. You can make a new gate out of a paper clip, however a piece of 'music wire' from the hobby shop would last longer.

IMG_0569 (resized).JPGIMG_0569 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

however a piece of 'music wire' from the hobby shop would last longer.

I couldn't find a ready supply of music wire where I live so I've used a stainless steel TIG filler rod in the right diameter to replace a gate. Seems to be holding up.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

There should be a hole on both sides. You can make a new gate out of a paper clip, however a piece of 'music wire' from the hobby shop would last longer.

thanks, great shot so I know how it goes into the metal top bracket. Those holes must be really small or my eyes just suck..

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from tdwin2000:

thanks, great shot so I know how it goes into the metal top bracket. Those holes must be really small or my eyes just suck..

Looks like a hole in your first image:
hole (resized).pnghole (resized).png
Probably 1.5mm or so.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Looks like a hole in your first image:

Probably 1.5mm or so.

Yes it certainly does. I will try to find a gate and fix her up

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from tdwin2000:

Yes it certainly does. I will try to find a gate and fix her up

So I put a gate on and YES, there were two holes and fixed her right up. I really couldn't see them they were so small

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.00
Electronics
UpKick Pinball
Electronics
$ 9.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-sure-but-think-there-is-supposed-to-be-a-gate-on-this-crossbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.