(Topic ID: 138585)

Not Releasing All 5 Balls

By rvalkenburg

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a 1964 Gottlieb World Fair machin I restored 20 years ago. I have been restoring video games, slots and jukeboxes and newer digital based pinball units for years, but have not worked on any EM game since I restored this one This World Fair machine is my favorite and has been working flawlessly for years until now and I cannot remember how to fix this issue.
When you start the game up, it goes through the start up sequence properly and the game plays without failure except probably now 80% of the time during the start sequence the release arm will trap the 5th ball and not release it, basically closing to early. Can someone give me a direction as to which switch controls this in the start sequence.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ron

#2 8 years ago

You might want to move this thread over to the EM forum to get better help, but I'll take a stab...

I am not familiar with this game, but check inside the coin door where the balls stage when the game is over. When you start a new game a plate is pulled out of the way and the balls load for play. When they do this they roll over one or several switches. Check all those switches and make sure none are adjusted too closely so it might bounce closed, and clean them so they can't be intermittent and double-fire due to that.

Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-releasing-all-5-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.