Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Tmezel
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ELwire.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider terryb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

The wall wart (unless it's a piece of garbage) should provide clean enough power. Can you link to the specific wall wart you purchased? Also a link to the EL wire you're using would help.

Are you plugging it into the service outlet in the game or the wall? If it's the service outlet I would try a wall outlet. Probably not the issue, but worth a try.

#6 9 years ago

No idea how much you need without seeing the EL wire specs, but would guess 1 amp is not enough since I seriously doubt if voltage is the problem (unless it's a really crappy wall wart). In any case get a good power supply and make sure it will provide at least 3 amps.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from MArmour:

I pair of AA's can't pump out that much amperage so I don't think that's the issue.

Actually they can. An Energizer Max, for example, is rated at 2.85 amp hours max (that's for a single battery).

Just to be clear running an EL wire off two AA batteries is a bad idea to begin with and it all goes downhill from there. Get a good power supply and the problem should go away.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider terryb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-really-a-pinball-question-but?tu=terryb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.