image2-6 (resized).jpeg
image4 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image1-6 (resized).jpeg
image2-5 (resized).jpeg
image2-4 (resized).jpeg
image1-4 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I am working on my CUE-T from Williams but cannot at credits on the machine. Does anybody has a clue what it could be

image1-4 (resized).jpegimage1-4 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

Are you trying to add credits with coins? Or trying to put the game on free play.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Are you trying to add credits with coins? Or trying to put the game on free play.

There is no coin facility anymore in the door but the credit button on the front should work because it looks correct connected

#4 4 years ago

The start button will decrement a credit from the credit unit. Are there credits on the unit or is it on free play? Zero switch on the credit unit adjusted?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

The start button will decrement a credit from the credit unit. Are there credits on the unit or is it on free play? Zero switch on the credit unit adjusted?

Need to look. The CUE-T is an add a ball

#6 4 years ago

The button on the schematic is called R.P. Button Sw. and the coin relay is energized through it and the replay unit zero position make-break switch.

#7 4 years ago

Many mid-1960s add-a-balls came from the factory with a single coin chute (to take a dime), no credit unit, and no start button. Judging by the flyer...
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=611&picno=4443
Williams wasn't suggesting 2/25c play yet. The "twin chute" option could have been a dime chute and a nickel chute. Notice that the flyer shows no start button and also no credit light on the lower apron.

Free play would have been implemented by adding a button in parallel with the dime switch. It may help to post a photo of the whole front face, including the coin door and the whole surrounding panel. A photo of the inside of the coin door could be useful, too.
.................David Marston

#8 4 years ago

Going by the Miss-O schematics was a mistake, sorry! If you have the schematic please post.

#9 4 years ago

Had a look and there is no credit unit in the machine.

I did not find a schematic for the Cue-T but indeed for Miss-O but not sure if it can be used.

There is a start button in the front.

image2-4 (resized).jpegimage2-4 (resized).jpeg
#10 4 years ago

If you can deduce which two wires were on the dime switch, you could put them on the start button. Otherwise, you should get the Cue-T schematic to see the specifics of the game-start wiring. Actually, you should get the schematic anyway. You'll need it sooner or later.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

If you can deduce which two wires were on the dime switch, you could put them on the start button. Otherwise, you should get the Cue-T schematic to see the specifics of the game-start wiring. Actually, you should get the schematic anyway. You'll need it sooner or later.

I am searching for the schematics but no luck so far , not find it on ipdb maybe another place is possible. Will make a photo from the inside as it is at the moment

#12 4 years ago

If there's no credit unit, there's probably a credit relay. On my Love Bug (add a ball), it was in the back left of the bottom board, unlabeled. I bent the hold contact shut to put it on free play.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

I did take 2 photo's . one from the part at the door and one from the below play field at the 5000 relay. This one stays pulled in.

Maybe this makes more clear

image1-6 (resized).jpegimage1-6 (resized).jpegimage2-5 (resized).jpegimage2-5 (resized).jpeg
#14 4 years ago

Hi Klokkie +
the schematics --- look here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cue-t-take-2-10pt-relay-stuck#post-3510204 the fourth picture is an PDF we can download a copy - and look at the schematics. Greetings Rolf

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If there's no credit unit, there's probably a credit relay. On my Love Bug (add a ball), it was in the back left of the bottom board, unlabeled. I bent the hold contact shut to put it on free play.

Yes, That would be the easiest way. Just locate that relay and find the switch that is White/Brown on one side and Green/white on the other, and jumper (or bend) them together.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Klokkie +
the schematics --- look here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cue-t-take-2-10pt-relay-stuck#post-3510204 the fourth picture is an PDF we can download a copy - and look at the schematics. Greetings Rolf

Hi Rolf,
Thank you , that is exactly what i was looking for. Great help. The problem should be solved quickly now.

Greetings , Hans

#17 4 years ago

Also a question on the manual for the CUE-T , is the manual from the MISS-O more or less the same or not usable

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from edednedy:

Yes, That would be the easiest way. Just locate that relay and find the switch that is White/Brown on one side and Green/white on the other, and jumper (or bend) them together.

Did bend the switch together and indeed it works and goes to 3 balls and is playable but not counting points. I did clean the stepper unit but not sure yet what it is yet.
The CUE-T is coming to live slowly , what is good of course

#19 4 years ago

The CUE-T is coming to live more and more but now I still have an issue. The 10 point relay ( in the head ) stays pulled in when it is energized by one of the switches and the 10 and 100 points are also not counting on the reels, the 1000 points counts sometimes.

What could be the issue.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Klokkie:

The 10 point relay ( in the head ) stays pulled in when it is energized

This End-Of_Stroke switch on the 10 point Drum (scoring) Unit is stuck closed

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

This End-Of_Stroke switch on the 10 point Drum (scoring) Unit is stuck closed[quoted image]

Will give it a check and will aslo check all 10 point scoring items on the playfield maybe there is a sticking or mis aligned switch. Let you all know what it was

#22 4 years ago

Did a check on the EOS switch but no problem there. Still the problem that the 10 points are not scoring.
The machine resets fine and goes to 3 balls to play , no problem here.

I did a check on all switches to see if there is a switch sticking but as far as I could see everything looks fine.

Have a small update on the 10 points. It is working, I removed the connection from wooden chime and bell solenoid and adjusted one switch on the 10 points relay and it worked , now the problem has moved to the 1000 point relay , now this one is not counting anymore.

#23 4 years ago

got the CUE-T running. Maybe a small issue when resetting , not all the lights go out and start as it was the first game.
Have to find out what this could be.

Happy with help and the result

image2-6 (resized).jpegimage2-6 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpeg
#24 4 years ago

Still have one issue with the CUE-T . When I do a reset for a new game then everything goes to the start position but the nr A, B, C, D stays lite on.

Were could this be found , I did a 3 times check already on all switches but cannot find it.

#25 4 years ago

According to the schematic that is a feature in add a ball mode. There should be a switch somewhere that controls this. The a b c d stay on until you hit the horseshoe and get your extra ball. In 5 ball mode it gets cleared every time the ball drains.

Some games let you keep bonuses like that from game to game. I guess the idea was to make it like a slot machine where you could benefit from previous games.

Dave

Quoted from Klokkie:

Still have one issue with the CUE-T . When I do a reset for a new game then everything goes to the start position but the nr A, B, C, D stays lite on.
Were could this be found , I did a 3 times check already on all switches but cannot find it.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

According to the schematic that is a feature in add a ball mode. There should be a switch somewhere that controls this. The a b c d stay on until you hit the horseshoe and get your extra ball. In 5 ball mode it gets cleared every time the ball drains.
Some games let you keep bonuses like that from game to game. I guess the idea was to make it like a slot machine where you could benefit from previous games.
Dave

Hello Dave,
Thank you. I will have a look when I change to 5 ball modus.
Good collection you have btw

Thanks , Hans

#27 4 years ago

On Miss-O (the replay version of Cue-T) the lighted ABCD bumpers do carry over to the next game on 3 balls and they get reset on 5 balls. But even in a 5 ball game they only reset at the start of a new game. They don't reset after each ball.

Seems like both machines would use the same configuration, but might need someone with a Cue-T to confirm.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from edednedy:

On Miss-O (the replay version of Cue-T) the lighted ABCD bumpers do carry over to the next game on 3 balls and they get reset on 5 balls. But even in a 5 ball game they only reset at the start of a new game. They don't reset after each ball.
Seems like both machines would use the same configuration, but might need someone with a Cue-T to confirm.

I did try the 5 ball modus but no reset of ABCD . The only time it happens is when i put out the machine and put it on again with the power switch. This is also with the 1 to 15 at the playfield with the color balls. The unit who is doing this is working fine so it must be somewere else.

An idea is more then welocome, all switches are clean and seems to be oke.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Klokkie:

no reset of ABCD

What's this switch on the Outhole relay doing when this happens?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#30 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

What's this switch on the Outhole relay doing when this happens?[quoted image]

When back from work i will check that one.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

What's this switch on the Outhole relay doing when this happens?[quoted image]

Did a check on the CUE-T and the switch as you mentioned is reacting as it should be.

#32 4 years ago

Inspect switch on Extra Ball Relay. There is a normally closed switch on that relay that keeps the circuit to the ABCD relays closed. If it doesn't open, they will never reset.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from edednedy:

Inspect switch on Extra Ball Relay. There is a normally closed switch on that relay that keeps the circuit to the ABCD relays closed. If it doesn't open, they will never reset.

Did a check but the extra ball relay is not working when resetting and the coil on the advance unit is also not responding so I have the idea the fault is on one of the switches at the score motor or do I see this wrong

#34 4 years ago

The Extra Ball relay will engage when the A,B,C,D and 5000 Point relays all close. The normally closed switch on the Extra Ball relay will then open, releasing the A,B,C and D relays.

If a switch on any of those relays (A,B,C,D or 5000 point) is open or dirty then the Extra Ball relay won't engage and your bumpers won't reset.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from edednedy:

The Extra Ball relay will engage when the A,B,C,D and 5000 Point relays all close. The normally closed switch on the Extra Ball relay will then open, releasing the A,B,C and D relays.
If a switch on any of those relays (A,B,C,D or 5000 point) is open or dirty then the Extra Ball relay won't engage and your bumpers won't reset.

Thank you. I will do a new run on cleaning. The wife is skiing so i will have time enough to change the living room into a arcade/pinball area.

I have the idea that it is a small issue that will give this problem.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-possible-to-put-credits-on-a-cue-t- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.